Rapid battery drain on my u30gt2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rapid battery drain on my u30gt2

I have had the tablet for a 18 months+ and am using Supersport 2.06 ROM and, though battery life was not brilliant, the tablet was certainly usable.
    Over the last week I have found I can`t get more than 30 minutes on light usage before the low battery warning comes up. I am doing nothing different from previously and have not installed any new apps.
    The tablet says it reaches 100% charge and the charger is measuring 12volt output.
    I have installed a "battery conditioner" and that records 100% charge, but still shows a very rapid discharge after charger disconnection. The battery seems to continue discharging even with the tablet switched off, so I`m suspecting the battery has given up and is unable to hold its charge.
    Does anybody else have similar a experience, or is able to offer an explanation.
    Help will be most gratefully received.

The batteries on this model are bad quality ones, you should buy a new ones (aliexpress)

Originally posted by briandg View Post
    I have had the tablet for a 18 months+ and am using Supersport 2.06 ROM and, though battery life was not brilliant, the tablet was certainly usable.
    Over the last week I have found I can`t get more than 30 minutes on light usage before the low battery warning comes up. I am doing nothing different from previously and have not installed any new apps.
    The tablet says it reaches 100% charge and the charger is measuring 12volt output.
    I have installed a "battery conditioner" and that records 100% charge, but still shows a very rapid discharge after charger disconnection. The battery seems to continue discharging even with the tablet switched off, so I`m suspecting the battery has given up and is unable to hold its charge.
    Does anybody else have similar a experience, or is able to offer an explanation.

Comment

Rapid battery drain on my U30gt2

Thanks for your information. Have you had to replace one? If so, what capacity did you purchase?

Comment

Thanks for your information. Have you had to replace one? If so, what capacity did you purchase?
        I bought these:

Comment

Cube U30GT

Originally posted by cio View Post
          Hello,

is this new battery a lot better?

Thx.

Comment

Its like the original one, at the beggining, about 5h full playing

Comment

Cube U30GT

Originally posted by cio View Post
              Its like the original one, at the beggining, about 5h full playing
              but you said: "The batteries on this model are bad quality ones"

are the new ones better?

Thx.

Comment

They are not from the same manufacturer, but they are performing great so far

Comment

Glad you have had no problems with your new battery. After reading your first post I searched for one and have ordered one from a different trader on aliexpress. Same 120000mah, but is quoted as 3.3 mm thick. Was your thicker one a problem to fit and does it press on the screen? Posters on Arctablet have reported screen effects because of this. Did you use the existing wires or did you solder the new ones direct to the board? I am waiting for my torx2 screwdriver to be able to open the case to see how I will fit the battery when it arrives. I shall report my findings when completed. Thanks for your info.
                  Briandg

Comment

Cube U30GT

Glad you have had no problems with your new battery. After reading your first post I searched for one and have ordered one from a different trader on aliexpress. Same 120000mah, but is quoted as 3.3 mm thick. Was your thicker one a problem to fit and does it press on the screen? Posters on Arctablet have reported screen effects because of this. Did you use the existing wires or did you solder the new ones direct to the board? I am waiting for my torx2 screwdriver to be able to open the case to see how I will fit the battery when it arrives. I shall report my findings when completed. Thanks for your info.
                    Briandg
                    but both are the same size:

Material: Polymer Lion

Capacity: 7200mAh,

Output Voltage: 7.4V

Input Voltage: 12V

Size:3.3*161*125mm

Capacity: 13000mAh,

Comment

These batteries are a bit smaller than original ones, so I had no problems with that. I used the new cables too. Take care when soldering, because if one cable touches the mobo, you could damage it

Comment

Re: Rapid battery drain on my u30gt2

Its the same common problem. Replace batteries.

Comment

Re: Rapid battery drain on my u30gt2

Originally posted by phara View Post
                          but both are the same size:

Capacity: 7200mAh,

Capacity: 13000mAh,