new features:
    -wallpaper and voice search included
    -camera updated to 4.2

known issue:
    - no video recording

-----------History----------------------------------

Easypad970/CubeU9GT2 Jellybean 1.1

new features:
    -increasing userdata for app installation from 1 to 2 GB, special thanks to 900supersport for the help
    - supercharged(patched) services. jar for speed improvements
    - and the scripts from zeppelinrox supercharger for an extra speed kick(only for user, who likes to play with options, details below)

Special thanks to zeppelinrox for the supercharger from xda
    ------------------------------------------
    Easypad970/CubeU9GT2 Jellybean 1.0

features:
    --- ext4 incl. system rw
    --- cwm recovery 5.5.04 ext 4(thanks to http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/3351...or-cube-u9gt2/ )
    --- Android 4.11
    --- moage Jellybean kernel
    --- took out most of the chinese apps and not useful things

recommended:
    before flashing take out external sd.
    known issues so fare:
    after the first boot you maybe have to format Nand-flash once. After that it works all fine- hopefully.

special thanks to Oma7144 Jellybean and moage Jeallybean and for the help of 900supersport

Now have fun.
    stevemp&JDfense

ROM Installation:
    H
    ere comes the how to install an unpacked ROM, means 5 img files flashing with the RKtool on your tablet. (Standard stock rom is only one img flashed with the RKbatchtool)

1. unzip the 7zip file, inside you find the unpacked rom deeper in the ROM directory and the MoageRktool in \u9gt2 Jellybean ROM 1.0 directory
    2. Set your tablet with pressing the volume- and the power button into flash mode
    3. Connect your tablet to pc, if your battery was before under 50% better plug the power supply cable too.
    4. If you have never flashed a stock rom, you need to install at first the rk29xx device driver for your windows version 32 or 64 bit. You get them here on freaktab with the finless u9gt2 roms, from your tablets homepage or from many other sites in the internet with instructions to install
    5. With installed drivers start the MoageRktool, in the bottom line you read 'Found RKandroid Loader Rock Usb', if not go back to step 2.
    6. Press Erease IDB, you must wait on the positive message that the job is done
    7. Check all boxes except of backup: Loader, Parameter, Misc, Kernel, Boot, Recovery and System have to be checked
    8. Then flash the ROM into nand with the Run button
    9. Finally you got a done message, hopefully without failure and
    10. The ROM starts in the CWM (clockwordmod)
    11. Press only power button to reboot
    12. First start of the ROM on your tablet will begin, takes about 5 minutes and not more than 10
    13. Ready - make your first step into androids world of the Custom ROMs

Hopefully I forgot nothing.
    JDfense

How to use zeppelinrox supercharger script for a extra speed kick:
    1.) unpack Download ,copy zeppelinrox supercharger scripts with with the busybox directory to microSD

2.) After installation of the ROM, you can beginn any time to run the supercharger scripts either Testversion 6 or 9.
    3.) with Scriptmanager app you can run as superuser(su) on of the two alternative scripts
    4.) but first run with scriptmanager as superuser the busybox script busybox_v1.19.4_wraithdu_installer_v14.sh
    5.) Then run supercharger script, first time you need not much to decide,
    6.) Very important: When the Script is ready, you have to reboot into cwm
    7.) wipe cache, dalvik and fix permissions
    8.) reboot and ready, you rom will be 100% supercharged
    If you run it second time or more, than you have manual to decide, what you want to do, you can try everything, but sometimes the result could be a bit unstable. Then you have to try it again.
    Last edited by JDfense; 04-14-2014, 19:48. Reason: added JB 1.2

Re: Cube U9GT2 / Easypad 970 --- Jellybean ROM

Congratulations on the ROM.

Thanks for posting here.
    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Re: Cube U9GT2 / Easypad 970 --- Jellybean ROM

Great news well done guys. I will test it as soon as my tablet comes back from China after it has been repaired. Well hopefully it will lol :thumbup:

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
      Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
      <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
      <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
      <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
      https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
      </form>

Comment

Have inst. alled the ROM - and it flies. Browser noticeably quicker than with ICS

Well done

Comment

Hello JDefense
          I am now using Oma JB v1.2.1 rom on my Yuandao Window N90, for few days and find it very smooth and fast. I found your great job on this forum and I am looking for the difference between your rom and Oma's rom ?
          Thanks for your answer

Comment

Originally posted by k32 View Post
            Hello JDefense
            I am now using Oma JB v1.2.1 rom on my Yuandao Window N90, for few days and find it very smooth and fast. I found your great job on this forum and I am looking for the difference between your rom and Oma's rom ?
            Thanks for your answer
            Hi K32,
            there are not really much differences, but this rom works on my easypad970 without any trouble so fare. Speed should be very similar. Some apps are different, we keep the system partition size of omas system, but with less apps in the rom than oma7144. The adw launcher from moage is still in. None touch cwm is from slatedroid.
            We have combined the moage jellybean with the Omar jellybean, because we tried first to get the first moage rom(441) system ex4 rw, but we got the system only ro. So we decide to search for help in the oma7144 ROM.
            In the past with omas ROM, I had always some forced closes, don't know why.
            Btw which kernel have you used with Oma JB 1.21? Stock rom kernel?
            If yes, could you check, if you have the possibility to write in system.
            Right now I'm waiting for any reports of issues. After that I would make one update with a (small) speed improvement, deleting some more apps and if necessary fixing problems.

JDfense

Comment

Thank you for your answer and explanation Jdfense. It is very interesting to understand your work and what you did. I am using oma's rom with the u9gt2 kernel from his thread on xda-developper. I am also unable to write into system. thanks again !
              keep in touch

k32

Comment

Originally posted by k32 View Post
                Thank you for your answer and explanation Jdfense. It is very interesting to understand your work and what you did. I am using oma's rom with the u9gt2 kernel from his thread on xda-developper. I am also unable to write into system. thanks again !
                keep in touch

k32
                If you used the cube 9gt2 kernel, then you could either change to the moage kernel or try our whole rom. It should work for your tablet.

JDfense

Comment

Thank you for your rom guys
                  It's very smooth and I didn't find any bug so far
                  It's my first Jelly Bean rom on my cube and it's like I just got a new tablet :-)

Comment

how do you flash nandflash

Originally posted by JDfense View Post
                    Easypad970/CubeU9GT2 Jellybean 1.0

Download

features:
                    --- ext4 incl. system rw
                    --- cwm recovery 5.5.04 ext 4(thanks to http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/3351...or-cube-u9gt2/ )
                    --- Android 4.11
                    --- moage Jellybean kernel
                    --- took out most of the chinese apps and not useful things

recommended:
                    before flashing take out external sd.
                    known issues so fare:
                    after the first boot you maybe have to format Nand-flash once. After that it works all fine- hopefully.

special thanks to Oma7144 Jellybean and moage Jeallybean and for the help of 900supersport

Now have fun.
                    stevemp&JDfense
                    how do you flash nand flash

Comment

Flashing an unpacked ROM

At first,
                      Hi bak1950,

here comes the how to install an unpacked ROM, means 5 img files flashing with the RKtool on your tablet. (Standard stock rom is only one img flashed with the RKbatchtool)

1. unzip the 7zip file, inside you find the unpacked rom deeper in the ROM directory and the MoageRktool in \u9gt2 Jellybean ROM 1.0 directory
                      2. Set your tablet with pressing the volume- and the power button into flash mode
                      3. Connect your tablet to pc, if your battery was before under 50% better plug the power supply cable too.
                      4. If you have never flashed a stock rom, you need to install at first the rk29xx device driver for your windows version 32 or 64 bit. You get them here on freaktab with the finless u9gt2 roms, from your tablets homepage or from many other sites in the internet with instructions to install
                      5. With installed drivers start the MoageRktool, in the bottom line you read 'Found RKandroid Loader Rock Usb', if not go back to step 2.
                      6. Press Erease IDB, you must wait on the positive message that the job is done
                      7. Check all boxes except of backup: Loader, Parameter, Misc, Kernel, Boot, Recovery and System have to be checked
                      8. Then flash the ROM into nand with the Run button
                      9. Finally you got a done message, hopefully without failure and
                      10. The ROM starts in the CWM (clockwordmod)
                      11. Press only power button to reboot
                      12. First start of the ROM on your tablet will begin, takes about 5 minutes and not more than 10
                      13. Ready - make your first step into androids world of the Custom ROMs

Hopefully I forgot nothing.
                      JDfense

Comment

sorry

Instructions say you may have to format nand flash, how do you do this

Comment

With some of the old ICS rom that I used, the app storage was increased to 2Gb. I find it very useful (with less app to move to the SD)
                          Can you do this on a next version maybe ?
                          Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by bak1950 View Post
                            Instructions say you may have to format nand flash, how do you do this
                            After first boot you maybe get an error message about internal sd. Choose it and you get the option to format. Thats all.
                            JDfense
                            Last edited by JDfense; 11-16-2012, 13:13.

Comment

Originally posted by RavenShadow View Post
                              With some of the old ICS rom that I used, the app storage was increased to 2Gb. I find it very useful (with less app to move to the SD)
                              Can you do this on a next version maybe ?
                              Thanks in advance
                              When I find out how this trick work....
                              JDfense

Comment

Working...
                              X