Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't find a working version of SP Flash Tools

Hello all,

Regardless of version, after loading the scatter file and pressing download, the flash never begins.

I have issues with nvram warning, low internal memory, screwed permissions and busybox links. I can't even get rooted (tried iroot and king root) but it's in root limbo not being able to install su because of parse errors and denied permissions in the adb shell. I figured flashing a rom would bring me back to square one but it's more like square zero.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Update 2/10/2015: I'v tried every version of flash tool and SP flash tool with the same result - no rom flash. Googling helped - I managed to fix the nvram warning, missing imei number (thanks to MauiMETA util) and I can install apps through ADB. I can't fix my "default" serial number no matter what. I thought that would be easier to fix than the IMEI but I guess not. The fact that MauiMETA worked leads me to thinking it still may be probable for the flash to work if I can get the other issues sorted.
    Last edited by Rabinowitz; 02-11-2015, 07:01. Reason: Update

Update 2

Hello Friends,

I was able to get everything except the serial number fixed by flashing a v1.02 rom in sections (boot, system, userdata, etc). I've tried every version of flashtool and sp flashtool to no avail. I kept scouring the links of google that led me to a treasure trove of MTK-related goodies. Down toward mid-page is what helped me. It's called the "Universal Android Flasher". The only thing I couldn't flash was the recovery.img but I'm not complaining.

All apps install and function fine. No permissions issues at all. Rooted with iRoot. I'm still looking for a serial number fix but I'm not to concerned about that either because wifi is working and my cell service. I'll update again when I figure out this serial fix.

Comment

Working...
    X