NEW - 900 Supersport 1.1 Jelly Bean rooted ROM for Cube U30GT Mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW - 900 Supersport 1.1 Jelly Bean rooted ROM for Cube U30GT Mini

This is my 1.1 ROM for the Cube U30GT mini. This is based on the latest cube 1.4 ROM U30GT - MINI V1.04 with Jelly Bean

It's late here so rushing to get this posted before bed, hopefully the following is right
    • bloat removed
    • English
    • market/play fix for more apps *
    • busybox integration
    • init.d support
    • Touch based Clockwork Recovery by 900supersport
    • 2 gig space for apps
    * Note for the market fix I've not changed build prop to spoof another device. If you want to do this it's easy either by editing build.prop by hand or using one of the editors available on google play.*

here's the download, please read and follow the readme*

ROM -> U9GT M 900supersport_1.1.zip (280 megs)

Instructions
    1. Remove sdcard before flashing otherwise it may get re formatted
    2. Unzip
    3. open the "cubemin11JD" folder.
    4. Connect the cube
    5. Double click the ROM Flash Tool
    6. start the cube in flash mode (hold vol+ and power for 3 to 4 seconds then release power then volume)
    7. If you do not have drivers already installed they are included with the rom kit in the drivers folder
    8. Once drivers installed the flash tool should see your cubeand update the status at the bottom
    9. Click the [Erase NAND (IDB)]button, you should see progress recorded on the right up to 4096
    10. Once complete click Flash ROM, again follow progress until done
    The cube should now restart, it will pause on the peas screen for a while as filesystems are formatted mounted and initialised

At the clockwork screen press the power button to restart (if you go on to use clockwork the volume + and - buttons scroll up and down and power is select)

The Cube should now reboot showing Tattmans boot animation and then start up in English. First boot you will need to format internal sdcard then you should be good.

All feedback appreciated

Enjoy

PS
    • my thanks to the team here for providing the best technical info on the net on cooking ROMs, and to tattman for the boot screens
    Last edited by 900supersport; 11-25-2012, 21:07.
    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Works perfectly. Faster and smoother than ICS (Antutu 7976 vs 6345, Quadrant 3995 vs 3016).
    Great rom, great work.
    Thanks master.

Comment

Re: NEW - 900 Supersport 1.1 Jelly Bean rooted ROM for Cube U30GT Mini

Glad you like it, most of the credit should go to Google, rk and cube :-) .

I'll hopefully have a few improvements available soon for contacts and maybe some of the Google 4.2 apks.
      900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

Boot Animation

Hi,

Is it possible to install any boot animation on this tablet? If not can you please provide link to other boot animations. Love the ROM BTW. Maybe Stock JB Bootanimation?? Please

Zack

Comment

Here's a Kernel updated with a different boot image, because I can

Download Kernel (3.5 megs)

Download unzip and replace the kernel from the rom kit. Flash just the kernel and enjoy.

Again thanks to Tattman for the graphics, the colour depth reduces embedding the graphic on the kernel, if you don't like it it's my fault.
          900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Boot Animation

Hi,

Sorry for being a Noob. Can I just flash this from CWR?

Comment

Afraid not it's easy enough though.

To flash via CWM would required the individual images being merged into a single update image. I amy try this at some stage.
              900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Boot Animation

Hi,

Flashed the same way I originally flashed the rom just replaced the kernel in folder and unchecked everything but kernel and flashed it. Still same boot animation. Semething I need to do still. Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks

Zack

Comment

In terms of boot images on my 1.1 JB ROM the sequence is
                  1. some chinese symbols (this is the image embedded in the kernel)
                  2. JB Android and Cube (this from boot.img)
                  3. Animated JB Android and Cube (from system.img)

The image from the kernel is not displayed for long except on the first boot. If the new image does not display then one of us have done something wrong.
                  900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

hi,,

just want to ask how to get into CWM?
                    because after i press vol up and power, only boot screen showed, but then CWM didn't showed up?
                    and i cant find reboot app in this OS?

thanks

Comment

You have to press and hold vol +, the press and hold power for 5 to 6 seconds, release power then release vol.

Alternately look in the app developers sub forum for the reboot app by petrus
                      900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

I flashed my U30GT-M yesterday with your JB Rom. Whaou it works fine!!! my Cube Mini seems to be faster and is more pleasant to use.
                        Many Many thanks for the work.
                        Regards from France.

Comment

wow...JB. Thanks for share ^^

Comment

Hello,
                            Second day using your fantastic rooted JB rom. Nothing wrongs.
                            Only one question without relationship with JB, the wifi sensitivity of the CUBE Mini seems to be bad.
                            Is there any way to improve it.
                            Thanks by advance.
                            Regards from France.
                            JM

Comment

I've not noticed the wireless being any different to ICS. It's certainly still much better than my cube u30gt h.
                              900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Working...
                              X