This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cube u30gt

Hi I've bought a couple of cube minis and have loaded your rom onto one and it is spot on, the other i want to play with what can I software is best to root it and back up the standard rom as the link to cube51 won't work
    cheers
    Tim

Comment

Originally posted by tjb View Post
      Hi I've bought a couple of cube minis and have loaded your rom onto one and it is spot on, the other i want to play with what can I software is best to root it and back up the standard rom as the link to cube51 won't work
      cheers
      Tim
      If it's the cube mini you want then you have posted on the wrong thread but see

For details of cooking your own see this forum

The big thread and a couple of little threads I've posted should get you off to a good start.

If it is the h let me know and I'll see if I can upload the stock firmware.
      900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Cube mini

Originally posted by tjb View Post
        cheers
        Tim
        OOPS Wrong thread looked a that many today

Comment

Re: Cube U30GT H 1.11 900 supersport ROM

No problem, hopefully the links will help.
          900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

I followed the instructions found within the archive, which I found easy enough to follow.

Flash went easily and is running well.

Thanks

Comment

Working well.

I flashed this about a week ago and all is well. ROM boots quick enough, runs sweetly and app compatibility seems good. Calendar and Realcalc from store downloaded and work fine. I still get the odd occasion where waking the tab I get no WiFi but this is remedied by going to settings and then turn WiFi off and back on. I must stress that this issue was present on my old non-supersport ROM so is either my tab or a quirk of cube u30gt's.

One question: the de-bloat didn't include removal of the Chinese browser...is there a reason you left this on or can I get shot of it?

Congratulations on a great de-bloat and CWM ROM. Your installation instructions are, crucially, very clear and concise. Many thanks.

Comment

With respect to debloat I do this by using a script. There are a couple of apks that have had the names changed slightly that I missed. I've since updated the scripts.

Thanks for the compliments.
                900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Gameloft compatibility

Hi SS,

I was wondering if you could incorporate the Gameloft fix by Christian Troy and discussed in the link below. Apparently smali job in telephonymanager.java, games require a reply from getdeviceid... whatever that means? I finally succumbed to my need to play games and have had to switch to Tabmodder's Infected v3.0 although I'd prefer your offerings.

I was going to try and unpack your's and Tabmodder's framework.jar using apktool and replace the 900SS telephonymanager.smali with the Infected v3 version as mentioned in post #278. I couldn't find yours and was wondering if you could do it for future updates. I would be willing to test for you.

PS how much do I sound like a 'Gameloft' junky looking for a fix....?

Comment

Can you copy framework.jar from /system/framework and upload a copy.

I'll then see about a clockwork update to deploy this into my ROM. If this works I'll see about including this fix in future.

Also can you let me know of a free game loft game I can use to test on my mini. As you can guess I don't do a lot of gaming.
                    900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
                      Can you copy framework.jar from /system/framework and upload a copy.

I'll then see about a clockwork update to deploy this into my ROM. If this works I'll see about including this fix in future.

Also can you let me know of a free game loft game I can use to test on my mini. As you can guess I don't do a lot of gaming.
                      Here is a copy of the file http://db.tt/4H95teJb and if you go to play store and search "Gameloft games free" there are a selection. You may need to edit your buildprop to get these to show up. Maybe check before and after the mod as I haven't used the free games but I know asphalt 6 doesn't work on your JB ROMs.

Comment

I'll experiment on the mini and take it from there. Looks as mib3 is free so will give that a try.
                        900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

RK30xxLoader(L)_V1.20.bin

Hi, Just a quick question.
                          You included the RK30xxLoader(L)_V1.20.bin. I am getting a brand new cube from warranty, and was wondering when I flash this new Rom, do I flash this file, im sure theres a reason for it to be updated to the 1.20 version, but I remember there was trouble with the 1.16 bin file so what about this one?

Should I flash it along with the rest?

Regards

Comment

whilst I include rkloader you should not need to flash it. ROM should flash and work without issue.
                            900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

I'll experiment on the mini and take it from there. Looks as mib3 is free so will give that a try.
                              it's a great news :-D that fix will make rom even better

Comment

whilst I include rkloader you should not need to flash it. ROM should flash and work without issue.
                                Ok cool, but do you know what that file actually does? Did you or anyone flash it and notice problems or differences?

Regards

Comment

Working...
                                X