This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update vs restore

I have you last ROM from a few months ago, can I just update or should I flash every thing?

Comment

Re: Updated - 900 Supersport 1.1 rooted ROM for Cube U30GT Mini 1.05

Originally posted by Moebius78 View Post
      so you think i should open it up, or get it repaired?
      If you know anyone who is good at repairing circuit boards it would be worthwhile. I've tried in the past but it's too small for my eyes and soldering skills.
      900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Originally posted by btsbits View Post
        I have you last ROM from a few months ago, can I just update or should I flash every thing?
        I'd say backup using titanium backup, flash the new rom then restore what you need.
        900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

[QUOTEI 900supersport;51634]I'd say backup using titanium backup, flash the new rom then restore what you need.[/QUOTE]
          I appreciate the better than safe then sorry approach. I was hoping I could be lazy. But its probably best to go the way. I backup daily width tb anyway.
          Also, i saw someone had a kernel that supported USB hubs, but broke wifi on the mini. Any thoughts on geting that in your Tom's?

Comment

Touch screen switches sides problem

Hi 900Supersport,
            thank you for your great rom. My mini was dead, could not boot and was displaying only the broken droid logo. Thank to your tool and rom I could flash it and now it boots fine.
            I have a problem with the touch screen. In landscape mode I touch on the left side and it gets recognized on the right side. In portrait mode it is upside down.
            I tried your 1.04 rom, kastys 1.04 and 1.05 with the same result. I can't flash stock 1.03, the tablet freezes.
            Any idea what the problem or solution might be?
            How can I recalibrate the screen?
            Any help would be most appreciated!
            Thank you,
            Matus

Comment

The only thing I know that can do that to the screens is flashing a ROM built for a different tab. How recent is you TAB?
              900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
                The only thing I know that can do that to the screens is flashing a ROM built for a different tab. How recent is you TAB?
                Bought in October. On the board it says U30GT_RK3066_Mini 20120802V3.1
                I had to disassemble to force flash mode.
                I will try other stock roms too and come back.
                Thanks! Matus

Comment

I don't understand why rk batch tool 1.5 nor your batch tool 1.35 could not recognize my cube mini? It's so perplexing since the tablet was recognized before my failed katsy rom flash but now it won't???

I can still get to flash mode on my mini, tried several usb cables but I still get a "No found RKA Android USB" message. Could it be the rk30 driver? I installed several different drivers in case of a download gone wrong scenario, including the driver included in the 900 supersportROM folder. What could I be doing wrong? I went to rk30 device properties and its status says, "This device cannot start (Code 10)". Could that be the culprit?

I'm so desperate to get my mini working again that I'm considering reformatting my win7 installation just to make sure I don't have any conflicting installations.

Help.

Comment

You may need to allow unsigned drivers
                    900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

pressed f8 after post to allow for installation of unsigned drivers but i still get code 10 error after installing the driver which I guess is preventing the batch tool and my mini to do a handshake. RK30 with a yellow exclamation point shows up in device manager.

It's as if windows is still not allowing me to install unsigned drivers...but then why would RK30 show up in device manager at all?

I tried disabling unsigned drivers from run command still no dice.

Dang this should be a simple process that's leading to frustration. Tired of seeing the dead android robot and pressing power and vol up over and over again then pressing the device for 10 secs to completely turn it off after failed handshake with rk batch tool to start the whole procedure again.

sigh.

Comment

Tried installing driver in XP and a couple more computers to no avail.

Question. How do i know if I'm in flash mode after holding power and vol up button? I read somewhere that a dead android with it's belly up is not in flashing mode, correct?

Comment

Flash mode is a blank black screen
                          900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Originally posted by mexifanatic View Post
                            Tried installing driver in XP and a couple more computers to no avail.

Question. How do i know if I'm in flash mode after holding power and vol up button?
                            Hi,
                            to enter into the flash mode connect the tablet onto your PC, hold the buttons on the tablet in sequence. You do not see anything on the tablet, just a black screen. BUT you will hear a windows sound on your PC that the tab is connected on the USB input.
                            Preferences:
                            Volume on on the PC and Sound selected. And of course full batt.
                            A good USB Cable, not the cheapest. Avoid the delivered with your Tablet, it may will work.

CU

Comment

Rom

Why is a maximum frequency of 1.4 MHz instead of 1.6?

Comment

I think that is set in the kernel, I certainly don't notice it being slower than the previous ROM but if it troubles you try the 1.4 ROM.
                                900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Working...
                                X