This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated - 900 Supersport 1.1 rooted ROM for Cube U30GT Mini 1.05

I've just uploaded a new ROM kit for the Cube U30GT Mini based on Cube's U30GT MINI_v1.05_20121214 Firmware.

ROM => Download posted here
    • bloat removed
    • English
    • working keyboard
    • market/play fix for more apps *
    • busybox integration
    • init.d support
    • Choice of Touch or button Based Clockwork recovery
    • 2 gig space for apps
    • Inplemented Christian Troy's Gameloft fix
    • I've embedded a kernel in the boot.img. This is a step towards future updates via clockwork
    • added new boot screens provided by tattman65

Notes
    1. for the market fix I've not changed build prop to spoof another device. If you want to do this it's easy either by editing build.prop by hand or using one of the editors available on google play.
    2. the keyboard in the stock ROM is Chinese, I've removed it but this does make the instructions rather long.

Instructions, sorry these ar so long
    • Remove sdcard before flashing otherwise it may get re formatted
    • Unzip
    • open the folder.
    • Connect the cube
    • Double click the ROM Flash Tool
    • start the cube in flash mode (hold vol+ and power for 3 to 4 seconds then release power then volume)
    • If you do not have drivers already installed they are included with the rom kit in the drivers folder
    • Once drivers installed the flash tool should see your cubeand update the status at the bottom
    • Click the [Erase NAND (IDB)]button, you should see progress recorded on the right up to 4096
    • Once complete click Flash ROM, again follow progress until done
    • The cube should now restart. At the clockwork screen,ignore the warning re mounts as the file systems have not yet been set-up, press the power button to restart (if you go on to use clockwork the volume + and - buttons scroll up and down and power is select)
    • you will see the following, cube's image from the kernel, the boot image, the boot animation and finally the familiar desert island
    • you will see a warning notification about the sdcard press it and then select repair/format
    • now press the usb symbol and then 'Turn on USB storage'
    • copy the LatinIME.apk app from the ROM kit to the tab
    • from settings, security select Unknown sources
    • open system tray, select explorer and then browse to LatinIME.apk, press it and install.
    • re-boot and set-up as normal

All feedback appreciated

Enjoy

PS
    my thanks to the team here for providing the best technical info on the net on cooking ROMs, and to tattman for the boot screens
    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

hi there 900! still having same problem installing this ROM.

Comment

Re: Updated - 900 Supersport 1.1 rooted ROM for Cube U30GT Mini 1.05

Can you given more description?

I'm guessing
      Flash OK
      Boot to recovery, ignore messages about months/filesystem and reboot

Now what?

Sent from my U30GT MINI using Tapatalk HD
      900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
        Can you given more description?

I'm guessing
        Flash OK
        Boot to recovery, ignore messages about months/filesystem and reboot

Now what?

The process:
        Flash OK, Boot really fast to recovery (no installation of any sort), failed to mount any location. Then reboot, back to cwm, reboot back to cwm. always the same with the same mount error. The error message is just like how every other members posted.

Comment

I'm struggling to understand what is going on here that is the exact ROM kit I flashed yesterday, it should even have the logs from my flash.

We can try a few things, I think there is a copy of my touch based recovery in the 900supersport folder, if so let's try flashing this. Start the ROM kit clear all checks but recovery, press the small square to the right of recovery and browse to the touch based recovery (recoveryt). Flash just this.

Do we get the same behaviour.

Depending o what happens here we may want to be using my 1.4 ROM kit next.

900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

I'm struggling to understand what is going on here that is the exact ROM kit I flashed yesterday, it should even have the logs from my flash.

We can try a few things, I think there is a copy of my touch based recovery in the 900supersport folder, if so let's try flashing this. Start the ROM kit clear all checks but recovery, press the small square to the right of recovery and browse to the touch based recovery (recoveryt). Flash just this.

Do we get the same behaviour.

Depending o what happens here we may want to be using my 1.4 ROM kit next.

The problem is exactly the same described by banie01 and felixarch under this [link].
            Very straight forward. Just flashed. Flashed is OK. Cube rebooted into CWM in just a few seconds. Then those error messages pops up. Any future reboot just goes back to CWM. Doesn't go to cube ROM.

Comment

Next step is to flash the 1.4 ROM.

If this works we can start adding in the 1.5 ROM and look for what is breaking it. So if you would.
              • flash 1.4 and confirm it boots.
              • flash just boot.IMG from 1.5 and describe the boot sequence now. Any images that get displayed here are important so I can understand where it's getting to.

Thanks for working with me on this.
              900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Next step is to flash the 1.4 ROM.

If this works we can start adding in the 1.5 ROM and look for what is breaking it. So if you would.
                • flash 1.4 and confirm it boots.
                • flash just boot.IMG from 1.5 and describe the boot sequence now. Any images that get displayed here are important so I can understand where it's getting to.

Thanks for working with me on this.
                do you have the link the 1.4? can't find it. thanks.

Comment

I'll track it down.

900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Try this.

900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Thanks for the link. I've tried it and even tried 1.03 based ROM. Just doesn't work. Same as before. First boot goes to the custom android screen then pretty fast into CWM. Then there's error:

E: Can't open /dev/block/mtdblock1
                      E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
                      E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/log

Could it be different hardware revision or something? It's very odd that doesn't work.

Comment

I expect that on the initial boot to recovery. After that it should boot normally, not back to recovery.
                        900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

If we cannot get any further with this I'll make up a ROM kit of the stock ROM and we can work from there.

I'm doing some maintenance on my PC so it will be a few hours before I can do this.
                          900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

If we cannot get any further with this I'll make up a ROM kit of the stock ROM and we can work from there.

I'm doing some maintenance on my PC so it will be a few hours before I can do this.
                            Yeah that sounds plausible.

Comment

Take it you where just stuck in a recovery loop?
                              900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Working...
                              X