This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cube U9GT5 rk3188 900supersport ROM

Thanks for your work, is much apreciated.

Comment

hi there.

I received my rk3188 based U9GT5, and I was thrilled to the awesomeness of the display. But there is heavy lag on the UI transitions. I hope your rom will diminish the lag issues!

There is also an issue with how some apps look like, maybe because of improper dpi setting (e.g Talk).

Last but not least. Is there ClockworkMOD for this tablet?

Comment

I've not seen a clockwork recovery that I could recommend. No luck so far with porting one myself.
        900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

I should be receiving my U9GT5 this week. First thing I shall be doing is installing your ROM on it.
          Hopefully Cube support this device and keep releasing updated ROMs for it so you have more to work with and it can reach its full potential
          Seeing your ROM here was the deciding factor in me buying it
          Thanks for it

Comment

;62277]hi there.

I received my rk3188 based U9GT5, and I was thrilled to the awesomeness of the display. But there is heavy lag on the UI transitions. I hope your rom will diminish the lag issues!

There is also an issue with how some apps look like, maybe because of improper dpi setting (e.g Talk).

Last but not least. Is there ClockworkMOD for this tablet?[/QUOTE]

Hi,

Have you tried the f/w . do you still find the ui lag?

I have a rooted ROM installed with less bloatware but still feel the lag. Perhaps its cause the h/w is unable to handle the screen resolution. Wonder if the new f/w by cube will help, I.e. if they release one.

I my wife has been on my back since it arrived

For the dpi i used an app works like a chartm. Kept it on 260.

UPDATE: Ok I couldn't wait for any response and earlier hadn't see the proper instructions to install the rom through the RKtool. Anywho seems promising. will report soon.
            Last edited by grastogi78; 04-22-2013, 16:06.

Comment

Originally posted by grastogi78 View Post
              ;62277]hi there.

Last but not least. Is there ClockworkMOD for this tablet?
              Hi,

Have you tried the f/w . do you still find the ui lag?

I have a rooted ROM installed with less bloatware but still feel the lag. Perhaps its cause the h/w is unable to handle the screen resolution. Wonder if the new f/w by cube will help, I.e. if they release one.

I my wife has been on my back since it arrived

For the dpi i used an app works like a chartm. Kept it on 260.

UPDATE: Ok I couldn't wait for any response and earlier hadn't see the proper instructions to install the rom through the RKtool. Anywho seems promising. will report soon.[/QUOTE]

There is a new version from Vido for N90FHDRK RK3188 (from 11-04-2013 - http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/6868...0fhdrk-rk3188/ ) that can correct some of your problems - yes...cube u9gt5 is the same tablet, you will be able to install theyer updates.
              For now we do not have any CWM compatible version for thiss tablet.

Comment

hi there.

This rom is a very nice piece of work, but it is based on the stock (ver.1.0) rom ,so the lag is still there.

I believe that the hardware is pretty much capable of running the UI smoothly at this resolution. I think that something wrong is within the rom or the kernel. Anyway, i believe the reasons that render our device laggy, are just software flaws.

Comment

Originally posted by netlag View Post
                  hi there.

This rom is a very nice piece of work, but it is based on the stock (ver.1.0) rom ,so the lag is still there.

I believe that the hardware is pretty much capable of running the UI smoothly at this resolution. I think that something wrong is within the rom or the kernel. Anyway, i believe the reasons that render our device laggy, are just software flaws.
                  Hi,

I confirm the lag is still there. Also had some issues with the Playstore for apps. I took out the vending apk from the Krusty ROM and fixed the issue. Sorry not even close to a dev so had to make do with the apk :P

Will try the ROM from Vido for N90FHDRK RK3188 as suggested. Hope the lag goes.
                  Thanks to mml78!!!!

regards

Comment

The lag should be a fixable thing if Cube or one of the other companies who deal with the rebranded tablets put the effort into it.
                    My Minix X5 box only has the RK3066 CPU and the same Mali GPU but can output 1920x1080 with no lags in the UI.
                    I know this is a higher display at 2046x1536 and the Mali is pretty outdated these days but like I said, if they put the effort in then we should be able to have a lag free experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Gh0st View Post
                      The lag should be a fixablloan.
                      ing if Cube or one of the other companies who deal with the rebranded tablets put the effort into it.
                      My Minix X5 box only has the RK3066 CPU and the same Mali GPU but can output 1920x1080 with no lags in the UI.
                      I know this is a higher display at 2046x1536 and the Mali is pretty outdated these days but like I said, if they put the effort in then we should be able to have a lag free experience.

I used the glass romfrom slatedroid for vido N90FHDRK RK3188 and boy it worksawesome. There is very little lag now. Thank you thank you. unless the glass rom author comes up with new rom based on newly released firmware by vido. I'll stick to this one.

All thanks to mml78 showing me the way

Update: the glassrom v1 & v2 both still have loag
                      Last edited by grastogi78; 04-27-2013, 16:45.

Comment

Http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/66938-rom-glass-rom-for-rk3188-97rq-n90fhdrk-n80rk3188/

Folks just for update:

vido 97rq ROM can be used on our cube u9gt5 rk3188. The link for glassrom v2a is available through slatedroid.com along with fixed cwm.

All thanks to dark , mml78 & user pogodancer

Just to add. If you have not already purchased this tablet, don't buy it. Much better to go for Hyundai t7 or Ramos w42 with exynos CPU. Reason is simple, at least the firmware will be better written than rock chip CPU or these Chinese manufacturer since they don't bother much on performance of the s/w.

Comment

the one that acutally works

Just use this

New FIRMWARE version for the N90FHDRK - 97RQ - XPAD - RK3188 from 08-05-2013.

Till now it is the best firmware for U9GT5 Quad

Comment

I recommend to keep your hands off the firmware dated 2013-05-08. It seems to have a lot of bugs.

Sent from my iaiwai AW920 / Cubex Rom by Darkrickpr / CWRM by fun_

Comment

I am using Glass ROM but its still having lags. I have no idea how to resolve it. Damn chinese manufacturers. I am so sad to such a device that is good only on paper.

Comment

SDK2.0 ROM like your U30GT2 one?

I used to have a Cube U30GT2 and it was OK. Once you released your ROM with SDK2.0, it was a whole new experience. The main app I use is Adobe Reader and scrolling went from about 2FPS to at least 40FPS silky smooth (there was obviously bad optimization before).

I now have a Cube U9GT5 RK3188 tablet and its mostly good with the SDK2.0 update from Cube. Not as smooth as your ROM on U30GT2 is some parts. But my pet peeve is that Adobe Reader is slow as %%$ again at like 2FPS.

There must be something else you have done to your latest U30GT2 ROM that caused the awesome performance. What do you think it would be? Could you make it happen for my U9GT5?

Could you make some edits to the U30GT2 ROM to make it work on the U9GT5?
                                Afaik, the only difference in hardware is these:
                                Display: 1920x1200 to 2048x1536
                                Rear Camera: 5MP to 2MP
                                Memory (in my case): 32GB to 16GB
                                Wifi/BT IC: RK903 65Mbps to (insert chip name here) 150Mbps

Comment

Working...
                                X