Cube u30gt 2 (4.2.2 Evaluation) 900supersport 1.1 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just released a RK3188 ROM for the Cube U30GT 2 based on cubes 4.2.2 Evaluation of 25 April. This claims to have fixes for wirless and touch screen, though I was happy with 1.03. If you're not troubled by wireless or touch screen I'd probably wait for the official release

Notes
    • Flashing will delete everything on your Cube consider backing up first and remove any sdcard
    Instructions
    • Download and extract to a folder
    • connect the tab to the PC (you did remove the sdcard)
    • start the ROM flash tool
    • put the tab into flash mode, the PC should detect it, see below for instructions
    • install drivers if required
    • erase idb
    • flash, the ROM kit is correctly configured
    • the tab should boot to recovery and format cache, data and sdcard (this will take a few minutes)
    • the tab should now boot
    Let me know how this goes.

So what do you get?
    • defaults to english uk
    • root
    • some bloat removed
    • busybox and init.d support
    • play/market fixes for more apps in Google Play
    • 2 gig app space (this is standard on the stock ROM)
    Booting to Bootloader
    • Power off the Cube
    • hold Vol +
    • After 3 to 4 seconds release Vol +
    • The Cube should be detected by the PC.
    • If you have not already installed the drivers now would be a good time. I've included the drivers in the ROM kit in the RockusbDriver folder.
    Finally thanks: to Geekbuying who supplied me with the tab so quickly and at a discount, to Tattman65 who created the boot screens and to all the devs and mods here at Freaktab
    root
    some bloat removed
    busybox and init.d support
    play/market fixes for more apps in Google Play
    2 gig app space (this is standard on the stock ROM)

Booting to Bootloader
    Power off the Cube
    hold Vol +
    After 3 to 4 seconds release Vol +
    The Cube should be detected by the PC.
    If you have not already installed the drivers now would be a good time. I've included the drivers in the ROM kit in the RockusbDriver folder.

Finally thanks: to Geekbuying who supplied me with the tab so quickly and at a discount, to Tattman65 who created the boot screens and to all the devs and mods here at Freaktab

2 Gig apps space seems plenty at the moment but I thought I'd be prepared so I've created another three parameter files for 4GB, 6GB and 8GB. All the files are in the this zip

parameterfiles.zip

I've test flashed them all and have settled on 4GB myself.

To change parameter size you need to add the parameter file from the zip to the ROM folder in the ROM kit. From the flash tool click the box next to parameter and navigate to the ROM folder and choose your parameter file. EraseIDB and then flash the ROM.
    Last edited by 900supersport; 04-28-2013, 17:45.
    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

it says:

"You don't have permission to access /900supersport/cubeu30gt2/ROMKit4.2.2Eval.zip on this server."

Comment

Try now, permissions sorted.
      900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

comparison

just a little question. what's the difference of this rom compared to your Cube U30GT 2 (1.04 Beta) 900 supersport ROM?

Comment

Re: Cube u30gt 2 (4.2.2 Evaluation) 900supersport 1.1 ROM

This one is Android 4.2.2 The earlier roms are 4.1
          900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

meaning? this one is better than 1.04beta?

Comment

1.03 is the latest official release I've created a ROM for.

1.04 is a beta release from cube.

1.05 should be available for download from cube, once I've got a download of it I'll be making a ROM.

All of these are based on android 4.1

The 4.2.2 ROM is based on cubes 4.2.2 evaluation rom of 25 April. I like it.

you will need to decide for yourself which ROM you want. 4.2.2 does what I want and will soon be the official cube ROM.
              900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
                1.03 is the latest official release I've created a ROM for.

1.04 is a beta release from cube.

1.05 should be available for download from cube, once I've got a download of it I'll be making a ROM.

All of these are based on android 4.1

The 4.2.2 ROM is based on cubes 4.2.2 evaluation rom of 25 April. I like it.

you will need to decide for yourself which ROM you want. 4.2.2 does what I want and will soon be the official cube ROM.
                I see. much clearer now. thanks!

Comment

Have you noticed anything missing feature wise with this beta? Or do you think the beta tag is just precautionary?

Sent from my U30GT 2 using Tapatalk 2
                  Randy
                  Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                  Donate here

Comment

The first version I looked at dated 23 April felt like a beta, just not quite right, also video would not play so no you tube etc. This version seems much better, I'm not certain I would want to go back to 4.1 even for the latest 1.05.

BTW fun seems to be making blood progress with cwm for the 3188 tabs.
                    900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Sounds good. I will give it a try.

Sent from my U30GT 2
                      Randy
                      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                      Donate here

Comment

Hi Brian,

first of all thanks for your time spending your hobby...our CUBE

There are two things that came to my mind though.
                        This firmware is based on what exactly?
                        There are two "leaked" Betas for Android 4.2.2
                        One is from 25th of april and is two days newer with some important improvements as I would say.

/EDIT found it some postings later. So please add that to OP.

The other thought I have is....is it time for 3 or 4 GB App-Space ?
                        Me personally am okay with 2GB at the moment but apps are getting larger. Navigators and Games especially.
                        I there a poll option in this forum? Maybe you start a poll to ask people what they think or want.

Asked me the thing is clear. Go for 4GB space. Since each update from cube is a total wipe the space outside the system and apps partition is lost anyway and more or less unuseable.
                        Only the space on my extern SD-Card is safe.

So what do you say and what does the community say?

/EDIT2: GREAT NEWS soon to have a CWM. Flashing minor fixes and mods will come to reality. Next step would be flashing updates from there so flashing would no longer kill space outside system and app partition.

Comment

Updated first post with date.

I'll look at creating a few parameter files, 2, 4, and 8 gig say. Once we have a really good cwm, and fun's is close I'll be including cwm update in my ROM kits.
                          900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

That sounds greats!
                            This way people can choose on their own and donĀ“t need to be asked what they want.

Comment

Thanks for this, just about to flash it now

Comment

Working...
                              X