Cube U30GT 2 4.2.2 v3 (7 May 2013) 900 supersport ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just released a RK3188 ROMs for the Cube U30GT 2 based on cube's 4.2.2 evaluation ROM of 7 May 2013. Also a version based on the 10 May 2013 v4 and 15 May v5

Cube u30gt 2 4.2.2v5 900supersport 1.1 ROM

Cube u30gt 2 4.2.2v4 900supersport 1.1 ROM

Cube u30gt 2 4.2.2v4 900supersport 1.1 ROM

Cube u30gt 2 4.2.2v3 900supersport 1.1 ROM

Notes
    • Flashing will delete everything on your Cube consider backing up first and remove any sdcard
    Instructions
    • Download and extract to a folder
    • connect the tab to the PC (you did remove the sdcard)
    • start the ROM flash tool
    • put the tab into flash mode, the PC should detect it, see below for instructions
    • install drivers if required
    • erase idb
    • flash, the ROM kit is correctly configured
    • the tab should boot to recovery and format cache, data and sdcard (this will take a few minutes)
    • the tab should now boot
    Let me know how this goes.

So what do you get?
    • defaults to english uk
    • root
    • some bloat removed
    • busybox and init.d support
    • play/market fixes for more apps in Google Play
    • a choice of 2,4,6 and 8 gig app space, 2 is the default but the others can be selected from the flash tool
    Booting to Bootloader
    • Power off the Cube
    • hold Vol + and connect to usb
    • After 3 to 4 seconds release Vol +
    • The Cube should be detected by the PC.
    • If you have not already installed the drivers now would be a good time. I've included the drivers in the ROM kit in the RockusbDriver folder.
    Finally thanks: to Geekbuying who supplied me with the tab so quickly and at a discount, to Tattman65 who created the boot screens and to all the devs and mods here at Freaktab
    Last edited by 900supersport; 05-19-2013, 18:08.
    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

what???
    99 views and not a single thank you???

Comment

Multiple views, but not yet installed. I guess everyone is waiting for someone else to install it first!

Comment

Sorry for the delay...busy day.

I'm getting ready to flash shortly.

A couple of things to look for is if the camera/video works and if it locks up while being charged. I had problems with both of them. I had a Skype call with Tattman65 the other night and I could see him, but he couldn't see me.

Randy
        Randy
        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Re: Cube U30GT 2 4.2.2 v3 (7 May 2013) 900 supersport ROM

Well...after installing a new dishwasher in the firehouse and making a couple of EMS calls...I finally got around to flashing this new ROM.

I'm very happy with performance. The front camera works. No lockups so far. I think most of the issues have been fixed in this new version.

I'll keep testing and post what I find.

Sent from my U30GT 2
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

I got an Antutu score of 14235. That's with Apex Launcher and some other bells and whistles loaded.

Sent from my U30GT 2
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

I got 15250. Sometime more, sometimes less.
              I don´t care THAT much for that score. My feeling does tell me different things.

This firmware is the total smoothy as of today (yesterday).
              EVERYTHING works for me...no FCs or anything.

But still CPU is at 1,6Ghz....1,8Ghz was the advertising!!!
              But it already does get pretty warm, doesn´t it?
              1,8Ghz will be clearly "warmer"...

Comment

Yes I like this version of the firmware too. The big change I have noticed is vimeo videos playing in chrome. I've not bothered to benchmark as it feels better all round.
                900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

New ROM (0510) on Cube site: http://bbs.51cube.com/thread-69934-1-1.html

Changelog:
                  * Optimized battery detection more accurate;
                  * Modified manually set the built-in wallpaper was not clear;
                  * Improve the ROM hardware compatibility;
                  * Optimize online videos, more smoothly;
                  * Optimized overall system operation fluency, and enhance the user experience

Comment

Oh yeah....battery detection got a bit off now...possibly it´s even more prominent since a ROM can´t really settle and BOOM there is the new one.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthJabba View Post
                      New ROM (0510) on Cube site: http://bbs.51cube.com/thread-69934-1-1.html

Changelog:
                      * Optimized battery detection more accurate;
                      * Modified manually set the built-in wallpaper was not clear;
                      * Improve the ROM hardware compatibility;
                      * Optimize online videos, more smoothly;
                      * Optimized overall system operation fluency, and enhance the user experience
                      lol, was gonna go ahead flash the beta one today, now this comes out, will wait for this one now

Comment

Downloading
                        900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

I just ran a dmesg log with this ROM and find that it logs a voltage error 3 times a second.

Hopefully they fixed that problem.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

Testing the update
                            900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Thanks 900

I'm happy with your work Thx!

- lesser performance (Antutu about 15K)
                              - more battery consumption.

Still. Those are just minor changes. I'm happy. Only thing I'm not happy is setting up whole tablet again from 0. No e-mail accounts (google says these are saved, Right!), no VPN, no WLAN, no .. well No anything at all settings lost everytime.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with your work 900! I'm just wondering is that CWM Recovery coming up? I checked latest package for RK3188 and there was a script for RK3066. Doesn't seem very assuring.

If it would be anyhow possible to get some further information how to install CWM Recovery and does it work.

I really don't want to spend a day setting up tablet after ROM update.

all and all I'm happy with this. Maybe there will never be another update available (I hope :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X