Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cube U30GT2 - Stand by time

Hi,

First of all, since this is my first post, greetings to all the community here.

I would like to ask you what is your experience with the stand by time or the cube U30GT2. Mine eats 1-1.5% of battery per hour while on stand by. I consider this quite high. I have read in other forums that the battery usage in stand by should be close to 0.

I'm using Supersport 900 v8 ROM (JB 4.2.2) but it also happened on official 1.05 (JB 4.1.1). I have checked with Better Battery Stats that there are no wake locks preventing the tablet from going to sleep. In fact, the tablet sleeps good according to Better Battery Stats and CPU SPy. It goes to Deep Sleep just after some minutes of pressing the stand by button. I have tried with WIFI ON and OFF but it does not make any noticeable difference...

Any idea wat can be depleting the battery? I think the battery usage while using the tablet is normal but maybe I should do some tests just to be sure...

Greetings

The phone radio? That will eat your battery non-stop. The only way to stop this is to apply a mod by jellybelly, or to use something like ESFileExplorer (on a rooted device) to mount the /system directory as "rw", and delete /system/app/Phone.apk or, better still, move it somewhere else (e.g., to a backup directory), and then reboot the device.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthJabba View Post
      The phone radio? That will eat your battery non-stop. The only way to stop this is to apply a mod by jellybelly, or to use something like ESFileExplorer (on a rooted device) to mount the /system directory as "rw", and delete /system/app/Phone.apk or, better still, move it somewhere else (e.g., to a backup directory), and then reboot the device.
      Thanks. I had already done that. I had deleted Phone, TelephonyProvider and MMS apk's. Same results... I have tried playing a video in 720p for one hour to discard a hardware issue with the battery. Battery went down from 96 to 80%. A 16% consumption in one hour playing a 720p video seems fair to me...

I honestly don't know what's going one here.... I think I'm going to start flashing ROMS from the 1.03 and see what I get.... any other clue?

Cheers

Comment

Working...
      X