Connecting a usb stick to a u30gt2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting a usb stick to a u30gt2

Can a standard USB stick be connected to a u30gt2? I can understand the words about OTG in the wikipedia description, but don't "understand" the hierarchy that it describes, so cannot decide if a stick plugged into a female to female USB connector in the end of the supplied OTG cable will enable the stick to be recognised, or if there is some inherent feature of the tablet which will prevent it doing the "necessaries" to read it. I just thought USB was a simple data transfer device!!!!!! Any help will be much appreciated.
    Briang

I have tried plugging a usb drive via a otg cable and it works. The otg cable is simply an attachment to change your micro usb port to a normal usb one.

Sent from my U30GT 2 using Tapatalk HD

Comment

As I don't have a female to female adaptor, nor a micro plug to full size female, I was unable to try this myself. Thanks for doing the test for me. I shall now get the relevant part.
      Thanks
      Briang

Comment

It works fine. I use dx.com cable. It costs $1.60 including postage.

Comment

Posible USB problem.

Hi I have tried the above and get nothing
          I have tried a Keyboard, mouse and a Memory stick and get nothing at all.
          All these including the OTG cable work fine on my Zoostorm 7"

My tablet details are as follows.
          model U30GT 2
          android 4.2.2
          Kernel 3.0.36+ lcp@tchip-super #35 Thurs June 6 16:08:57 CST 2013
          Build V2.03 20130606

Is my tablet dead or am I missing something - like a setting or some other tweak.

P.S. when connecting via the OTG cable to a PC all is fine and works a treat!
          Last edited by ncmoody; 11-28-2013, 17:13. Reason: Can't spell - Doh

Comment

Working...
          X