Cube T9 USB Storage and android version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cube T9 USB Storage and android version

Hi not very technical but I have noticed on my sons T9 that the USB storage is not really being used. Had a look at the apps, moved as many as I could to USB but there are a lot of apps that just cannot be moved. Am I doing something wrong or is there a way to make better use of the USB Storage, the standard 2gb of internal is always almost full.

Also has anyone ever managed to update the android from stock 4.4.4 ? Looking around the web it does appear that Cube are never going to do it.

Final point thinking of buying a new similar tablet for my other son, any recommendations?

Thanks

David

Taking a quick look at the T9 specs, the storage is 32Gb with the RAM being 2, so just want to make sure that we are talking about the same tablet.

This may also be of interest to you to see if there are any firmware updates for this one.

http://freaktab.com/forum/mtk-based-devices/mtk-tablets/23135-cube-t9-rom-tools-mods-etc/page10

There are many articles about moving apps and why some can't or should not be moved,

This is just one article but a google search will reveal many more as it has been a hot topic of Android for years.

https://techgage.com/article/moving_your_non-movable_android_apps_to_an_sd_card/

With respect to a recommendation for a new tablet, I noticed that some T9 models had 4G capability.

Is this function a deal breaker or not one on your sons model?

If you have a look at the advertisers and support area here on Freaktab you will also find all manner of deals being posted by the represented companies, so worth a look too in order to see what they have to offer.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Hi bluesmanuk

Thanks for the reply. Yes its the one with 1.94GB RAM and what appears to be 25.58GB so add a bit of overhead its a 2gb RAM and 32gb USB storage as they call it also with 4G which we have never used only use it as a Wifi tablet.
      That link to the T9 update looked good but scanning through it looks like the T9 will never be updated by Cube and some people are trying to update with ROM's etc. with some success but also some mistakes, really don't want to brick my sons tablet, for a 6 year old he can become pretty unhappy !

The second one I will have to read in depth it looks promising. Main thing that gets me is that they are mentioning moving to an SD card the 32gb USB is internal storage and it just does not appear to access it correctly. I read somewhere that some of these problems were solved in later android 5+ hence the reason I thought if I can get a stable update.

Other tablet wise I thought I had found a good one in a lenovo yoga 3 pro with the projector (gimmick I know but my son would love that) but then noticed its around £300 a bit steep.

Some of the Chuwi hi dual boot ones are interesting but appear to have older android. Like the idea of an attachable keyboard would keep him off my PC more maybe !

I think I have a lot of reading ahead of me for both the present tablet for one son and new one for the other as the samsung galaxy tab 2 is on its way out with a screen shake issue and its just sooooo slow.

David

Comment

Originally posted by davidh View Post
        Hi bluesmanuk

Thanks for the reply. Yes its the one with 1.94GB RAM and what appears to be 25.58GB so add a bit of overhead its a 2gb RAM and 32gb USB storage as they call it also with 4G which we have never used only use it as a Wifi tablet.
        That link to the T9 update looked good but scanning through it looks like the T9 will never be updated by Cube and some people are trying to update with ROM's etc. with some success but also some mistakes, really don't want to brick my sons tablet, for a 6 year old he can become pretty unhappy !

The second one I will have to read in depth it looks promising. Main thing that gets me is that they are mentioning moving to an SD card the 32gb USB is internal storage and it just does not appear to access it correctly. I read somewhere that some of these problems were solved in later android 5+ hence the reason I thought if I can get a stable update.

Other tablet wise I thought I had found a good one in a lenovo yoga 3 pro with the projector (gimmick I know but my son would love that) but then noticed its around £300 a bit steep.

Some of the Chuwi hi dual boot ones are interesting but appear to have older android. Like the idea of an attachable keyboard would keep him off my PC more maybe !

I think I have a lot of reading ahead of me for both the present tablet for one son and new one for the other as the samsung galaxy tab 2 is on its way out with a screen shake issue and its just sooooo slow.

David
        David it sounds like you are from the UK, so also worth checking out HUKD because there are many deals posted (including many from support vendors on FT) and users give their own honest opinions.

Not needing the 4G will help reduce the price as it always seems to seem like an expensive option to keep prices at a premium.

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Working...
        X