This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
    You got me with this:-). I've just patched up a batch of kernels using phjanderson's rkpatchomatic tool. After trying a few I've settled on a kernel that give me close to 25% increase on AnTuTu. Need to test longer term and see if there is any impact battery life etc.
    So now you know that you can compare your results with the one from ArcTablet :-)

Let me know when you'll have that kernel available! I'm looking forward to try it.
    And if you could, try to include a cisf module! That would be awesome!

Many thanks for your work.

Comment

FYI :I am running this kernel over your custom rom at the moment :

I am getting about 20000 in Antutu. Everything seems fine.

Comment

Here's the overclocked kernel I patched. Use at your own risk.

kernel_cpu1800h_gpu798h_ddr720.img.zip
        900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Sorry for the beginer question, but how can I install that file?
          Can I install it from cwm?

Comment

you could flash it using either rkandroidtool or rkflashtool, you would need to have access to the parameter file for this.

The other alternative is to use clockwork recovery.

How did you flash your current kernel?
            900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

Here's a CWM update to my overclocked kernel. Use at your own risk.

CWMKernelUpdatec1800g798d720.zip

Let me know how it goes if you try it.
              900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

I have tried it. I get an Antutu score of 20500. It seems stable, but I haven't tried it for very long.

By the way, I have a repository of kernels here: http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/...el-repository/

If you don't mind, I can add yours to the repository.

Comment

No problem, please include a link back to this thread.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk
                  900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Ok, thanks.

Update. I ran Antutu again, and got a score of 21009. Everything seems to run smoothly.

The battery is running down at a faster rate than the stock kernel #12 (about double the rate). I think I know why. The cpu frequency is from 1200mhz to 1800mhz. However, it should normally go down to 812mhz when running idle. I have even seen a kernel that took it down to about 300mhz when idle. You may want to revisit the cpu overclock parameters, because if it never goes below 1.2ghz, then battery life will take a big hit.

Comment

Battery drain fix

To check if your battery is draining because the tablet thinks it's a phone, install this app:

If you see Phone Radio is no 0.0%, you'll have a severe battery drain. To fix that, you should install a root explorer and rename or delete in system/app Phone.apk, Mms.apk, y TelephonyProvider.apk

Reboot, and you'll have better battery now!!!

Comment

Thanks. I'm aware of the phone fix, but the v2.06 ROM doesn't require it. This particular battery drain is because of the overclocked gpu and DDR.

Comment

Hi! I have tried the OC Kernel too. But I switched to another Kernel b/c of the clock that can't be lower under 1.2Ghz. Are you going to make another version?

FYI: I have also tried the 2.06 ROM from ArcTablet (not only the Kernel, but the full custom rom), and I must say that I like yours much better!

:-)

Comment

For the OC kernel I used the rkpatchmatic tool as posted on this site. I have other things ahead of looking at patching kernels. I find the patched overclocked kernel stable and the battery like is acceptable to me.

Thanks for the compliment re the ROM.
                            900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

I am working on overclocking kernels. At the moment, my focus is on kernel #38, which has greater scope for fine-tuning clock speeds (e.g., I am currently testing one with clock speeds from 126mhz-1800mhz). I believe that with kernel #12 (i.e., the one with v2.06) you only have a choice of 3 speeds. But I will come back to that once I finish with kernel #38.

Comment

Having issues with this ROM, screen stops to respond for a couple of seconds, very annoying...

Comment

Working...
                                X