X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can not flash

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
    Here's a ROM for the cube U30GT 2 RK3188 based on Cube U30GT 2 v2.06 20131017

Cube U30GT 2 v2.06 20131017 900supersport ROM

Notes
    • Flashing will delete everything on your Cube consider backing up first and remove any sdcard
    Instructions
    • Download and extract to a folder
    • connect the tab to the PC (you did remove the sdcard)
    • start the ROM flash tool
    • put the tab into flash mode, the PC should detect it, see below for instructions
    • install drivers if required
    • erase idb
    • flash, the ROM kit is correctly configured
    • the tab should boot to recovery and format cache, data and sdcard (this will take a few minutes)
    • the tab should now boot
    Let me know how this goes.

So what do you get?
    • defaults to english uk
    • root
    • bloat removed
    • busybox and init.d support
    • play/market fixes for more apps in Google Play
    • LatinIME keyboard
    • a choice of 4,6 and 8 gig app space, 4 is the default but the others can be selected from the flash tool

Booting to Bootloader
    • Power off the Cube
    • hold Vol + and connect to usb
    • After 3 to 4 seconds release Vol +
    • The Cube should be detected by the PC.
    • If you have not already installed the drivers now would be a good time. I've included the drivers in the ROM kit in the RockusbDriver folder.

Finally thanks: to Tattman65 who created the boot screens and to all the devs and mods here at Freaktab
    I'm trying to flash yr ROM but the toolkit says that "MSC can't erase NAND". When I Reboot2Flash the kit says " no device detected". The tab should be switched on in order PC to detect it but then the kit can't do upgrade. Could u pls help?!

Comment

Has anyone got Netflix working with this ROM? Since i upgraded to this version Netflix stop working. Any suggestion what to do?

Comment

Originally posted by galinvas View Post
        I'm trying to flash yr ROM but the toolkit says that "MSC can't erase NAND". When I Reboot2Flash the kit says " no device detected". The tab should be switched on in order PC to detect it but then the kit can't do upgrade. Could u pls help?!
        what os are you using? have you tried a different USB port and or cable?
        900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

fixed

what os are you using? have you tried a different USB port and or cable?
          I managed to flash it. The problem was with installation of drivers. I disabled all antivirus programs and then WIN 7 Ultimate agreed to install them. Now when enabled again PC doesn't want to see the TAB. I also tried Arctablet's ROM kasty-cube but it didn't start the TAB. Only problem now is with the WiFi, but as far as I see a lot of complaints on that issue I think untill CUBE man do not upgrade to another 4.2 or 4.3 it will be like this. If u can hint me some tips on wifi issue , it would be great. Meantime I will give my thanks + don on yr site.

Comment

tab stood on the screen with the following info "Resistance is futile."

Here's a ROM for the cube U30GT 2 RK3188 based on Cube U30GT 2 v2.06 20131017

Cube U30GT 2 v2.06 20131017 900supersport ROM

Notes
            • Flashing will delete everything on your Cube consider backing up first and remove any sdcard
            Instructions
            • Download and extract to a folder
            • connect the tab to the PC (you did remove the sdcard)
            • start the ROM flash tool
            • put the tab into flash mode, the PC should detect it, see below for instructions
            • install drivers if required
            • erase idb
            • flash, the ROM kit is correctly configured
            • the tab should boot to recovery and format cache, data and sdcard (this will take a few minutes)
            • the tab should now boot
            Let me know how this goes.

So what do you get?
            • defaults to english uk
            • root
            • bloat removed
            • busybox and init.d support
            • play/market fixes for more apps in Google Play
            • LatinIME keyboard
            • a choice of 4,6 and 8 gig app space, 4 is the default but the others can be selected from the flash tool
            Booting to Bootloader
            • Power off the Cube
            • hold Vol + and connect to usb
            • After 3 to 4 seconds release Vol +
            • The Cube should be detected by the PC.
            • If you have not already installed the drivers now would be a good time. I've included the drivers in the ROM kit in the RockusbDriver folder.
            Finally thanks: to Tattman65 who created the boot screens and to all the devs and mods here at Freaktab

Hello,

Can you help me? I started the process of changing the ROM, but the tab stood on the screen with the following info "Resistance is futile."

I can not log to reboot.

HELP

Tnk You

Comment

it's done
              i'll try it and give feedback

tnk you

Comment

bluetooth ?

prior to installing this rom my small bluetooth mouse worked fine. Now the tablet cannot see it. Any thoughts or suggestions. I want to use this as the USB port only works in data mode, not OTG mode - never has.

Comment

I've not used Bluetooth on the tab, I'll see if I can take a look.
                  900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

I've not used Bluetooth on the tab, I'll see if I can take a look.
                    THANKS - what a swift reply, I would appreciate anything you can suggest.

Comment

Mouse now working

Originally posted by ncmoody View Post
                      THANKS - what a swift reply, I would appreciate anything you can suggest.
                      The problem was the mouse not the tablet or the ROM. It appears that it is quite dificult to get the thing into 'discovery mode' But it ia all working now. Sorry to have been a pain

Comment

thanks for letting me know, I'll be attempting to bind to some Bluetooth speakers later.
                        900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Wi-Fi turning off during sleep or lock

So, I finally get a new charger and I'm back on my Cube to give this ROM another shot. Everything is great still except I have been having an issue where the WiFi keeps shutting off when the tab sleeps or locks. I have it set to always be on, but it still is doing this.

Lastly, I thought this ROM was running smooth before, but I have been noticing it "Lag" up a bit now that I have installed a couple standard apps that I would have normally installed before with no issues.

Do you have any suggestions on the WiFi issues I have ran into? Thanks so much! Love the 900supersportROM series!

Comment

For those that want/need cifs or vpn support please see http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...nel-based-ROMS

Also for clockwork recovery see http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...r-Cube-U30GT-2
                            Last edited by 900supersport; 12-29-2013, 16:25. Reason: added clockwork recovery
                            900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Hello 900supersport,

thanks for your great Rom. I have a question. Is it possible to add some wifi driver to the kernel. Cause my wlan isn't working anymore (hardware defect), so i wann use a usb wifi Antenna.

It would absolutly great!

Greetings from Germany
                              Michael

Comment

I decided to give your OC kernel a second try. I tried a few other kernels and I was still on the edge to throwing the tablet in the river... Your kernel is the first one that seems to work fine, thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                                X