Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I should have my U30GT2 this evening or tomorrow. I'll be using it a lot to run XBMC. This is my first RK3188 device so i hope it'll be able to handle full 1080p without overclocking. But if not it's good to see there is an overclocked kernel.

I was wondering when you make the OC kernels if there is a way to specify a voltage for each frequency? Or in other words, would it be possible to try and run the CPU ( and maybe even GPU and RAM) at stock speeds but at a lower voltage then normal? Not sure if these SOCs are normally right at the edge when it comes to their operating voltage. But if there is headroom there would be a way to increase battery life, or overclock it without scarifying battery life (as much).

I have the Intel quad-core in my HTPC overclocked from 3,0ghz to 3,2Ghz while lowering the vCore from 1,25v to 1,1v.

Thanks for your work on this ROM and the kernel. Cant wait to test it!
    - UG007-II with Finless iMito MX1/2 1.7a ROM and UG802 2Dark4U 1080p overclock kernel and USB WIFI dongle.
    - MK808 with Finless MK808 1.7c ROM and 2Dark4U 1.4 MK808 1080p overclock kernel.
    - MK908-II: XBMC full 1080p playback with a 1080p kernel HERE

Comment

I used pjandersons patchmatic tool. It's posted here on freaktab.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk
      900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Hi 900supersport, tanks for your great work. Your rom run great, good job! We appreciate the fact that you included the tools for flash, good idea

I'm really interested in your project RK ROM Kitchen, I have not had time to test it, but I have a look and what a great project, I congratulate you

Otherwise, I do not want to insult anyone, but it would be nice to keep the official logo of CUBE or not to put too much on the first boot image because it can not change once flashed. So, I am proud to have this brand. It is my opinion

Thank you and good continuity

Regard's

NeurOSick

Comment

With my kitchen you can change all the images and boot animations or leave them all stock.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
          900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

Hi 900supersport,
            thanks a lot for a excelent work ! Finaly I`m happy if I have a tablet.

Comment

FYI: Android 4.4 Beta for U30GT2 from Cube:

Comment

Thanks will take a look and see if I can download.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk
                900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

...hmmm.

The instructions are in chinese. I can deal with that using google Translate, but the tool fails to open the config file (probably because of chinese characters in there, its a new flash tool), and I can't find how to deal with that. Someone else would have to help finding how to flash that img file.

Comment

I just flashed it... Looks good.

Comment

It boots fast, it is more fluid than all previous ROM 4.x.x that I have tried.
                      No crash so far.
                      Camera (both),Rotation, bluetooth are working.
                      TUN modules present, but no CIFS.
                      Audio over USB doesn't work. :-(
                      Antutu score: 18286 @ 1.6GHz
                      Really good! I am surprised to see a good ROM straight from Cube after all we have seen.

Comment

I've downloaded it and will see if i can work up a rom
                        900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

The battery seems to drain really fast with this ROM (not in sleep more but rather when I am using it). You might be better to wait for the final version before making a custom ROM out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by jy_p View Post
                            FYI: Android 4.4 Beta for U30GT2 from Cube:
                            http://bbs.51cube.com/thread-88028-1-1.html
                            I've a rooted lightly reworked version of this ROM that I am testing now. Not had a chance to check the battery drain. If there is interest I'll upload, otherwise I'll wait for an official version and work that.
                            900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

The battery problem seems to be caused by the screen intensity that is too high even at the lowest setting (in addition to the fact that it is inverted).

Since I expect to see an updated version soon, I will stick with this one for now. But I will certainly look for your future custom ROM once the official release will be available. Thanks again for your work /time! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
                                I've a rooted lightly reworked version of this ROM that I am testing now. Not had a chance to check the battery drain. If there is interest I'll upload, otherwise I'll wait for an official version and work that.
                                does your version have different app sizes?

Comment

Working...
                                X