This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cube U30GT 2 v2.06 20131017 900supersportROM

Here's a ROM for the cube U30GT 2 RK3188 based on Cube U30GT 2 v2.06 20131017

Cube U30GT 2 v2.06 20131017 900supersport ROM

Notes
    • Flashing will delete everything on your Cube consider backing up first and remove any sdcard
    Instructions
    • Download and extract to a folder
    • connect the tab to the PC (you did remove the sdcard)
    • start the ROM flash tool
    • put the tab into flash mode, the PC should detect it, see below for instructions
    • install drivers if required
    • erase idb
    • flash, the ROM kit is correctly configured
    • the tab should boot to recovery and format cache, data and sdcard (this will take a few minutes)
    • the tab should now boot
    Let me know how this goes.

So what do you get?
    • defaults to english uk
    • root
    • bloat removed
    • busybox and init.d support
    • play/market fixes for more apps in Google Play
    • LatinIME keyboard
    • a choice of 4,6 and 8 gig app space, 4 is the default but the others can be selected from the flash tool

Booting to Bootloader
    • Power off the Cube
    • hold Vol + and connect to usb
    • After 3 to 4 seconds release Vol +
    • The Cube should be detected by the PC.
    • If you have not already installed the drivers now would be a good time. I've included the drivers in the ROM kit in the RockusbDriver folder.

Finally thanks: to Tattman65 who created the boot screens and to all the devs and mods here at Freaktab
    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

It works great! Many thanks!

Comment

Much better than last ROM. Its allot more smoother and responsive. So far so good.
      Thanks again.

Comment

Thank you very much for your work!

Comment

task switch still does not work properly. only works when you're in home

Comment

Just by curiosity, Would it be possible to add support for CISF? There is no module in there at this time to allow cisf mount.

Comment

awsome but!!!

awesome but why does grand theft auto vice city play on the tablet with previous rom but this one will not work with game depressing

Comment

Edit: Nevermind I found it. Looks great! So smooth! Thank you so much for all you do!
                Last edited by SmokeLoL; 11-18-2013, 19:09. Reason: found problem

Comment

2.06v rom

awesome but why does grand theft auto vice city play on the tablet with previous rom but this one will not work with game depressing is there a way to get it to work with rom or do I have to go back if I like it so much lol ty for rom though it is better besides that

Comment

Sorry I don't have gta. If you find a fix I'll incorporate it into a ROM.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk
                    900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

There is an OC Kernel available for this tablet. Have you gotten a chance to try it? It seems that it is much faster.

Comment

No I've not tried it. To be honest I'm happy enough with the performance. That may change after trying an PC kernel though.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk
                        900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

A PC kernel?
                          You picked my curiosity, what is it? Is there going to be new updates on this ROM?

Do you think that we will see Android 4.3 or 4.4 on this U30GT2?

Comment

sorry OC :-)

Cube are still making regular updates, so I would expect to see another update or two yet.
                            900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Originally posted by jy_p View Post
                              There is an OC Kernel available for this tablet. Have you gotten a chance to try it? It seems that it is much faster.
                              You got me with this:-). I've just patched up a batch of kernels using phjanderson's rkpatchomatic tool. After trying a few I've settled on a kernel that give me close to 25% increase on AnTuTu. Need to test longer term and see if there is any impact battery life etc.
                              900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Working...
                              X