• Time
  • Show
Clear All

if I remember right you should have a folder 'read'
    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
      if I remember right you should have a folder 'read'

Yes, file is there, but it is blank.

Mick

Comment

that's the first time I've see that.

can you try each of the following lines until we have a none blank parameter file

sudo rkflashtool r 0x20 0x20 >read/parameter
        sudo rkflashtool r 0x40 0x20 >read/parameter
        sudo rkflashtool r 0x60 0x20 >read/parameter
        sudo rkflashtool r 0x80 0x20 >read/parameter

if you get a parameter file let me know which line did the trick and post the parameter file

Brian
        900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

that's the first time I've see that.

can you try each of the following lines until we have a none blank parameter file

sudo rkflashtool r 0x20 0x20 >read/parameter
          sudo rkflashtool r 0x40 0x20 >read/parameter
          sudo rkflashtool r 0x60 0x20 >read/parameter
          sudo rkflashtool r 0x80 0x20 >read/parameter

if you get a parameter file let me know which line did the trick and post the parameter file

Brian

OK, panic over, turns out the suppied usb cable was duff !!!

Here is the parameter file, I can't read it with gedit ??

parameter.zip

Mick, All this and clean the oven for Xmas, what a day. Going to bed !!

Comment

strip off the first 8 bytes, ans ignore the junk gives

Code:
            FIRMWARE_VER:4.2.2
            MACHINE_MODEL:U35GT2
            MACHINE_ID:007
            MANUFACTURER:RK30SDK
            MAGIC: 0x5041524B
            ATAG: 0x60000800
            MACHINE: 3066
            CHECK_MASK: 0x80
            KERNEL_IMG: 0x60408000
            #RECOVER_KEY: 1,1,0,20,0
            CMDLINE:console=ttyFIQ0 androidboot.console=ttyFIQ0 init=/init initrd=0x62000000,0x00800000 mtdparts=rk29xxnand:0x00002000@0x00002000(misc),0x00006000@0x00004000(kernel),0x0000E000@0x0000A000(boot),0x00010000@0x00018000(recovery),0x00020000@0x00028000(backup),0x00040000@0x00048000(cache),0x00400000@0x00088000(userdata),0x00002000@0x00488000(kpanic),0x00100000@0x0048A000(system),-@0x0058A000(user)
            Hopefully you could pull the entire ROM.
            900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

strip off the first 8 bytes, ans ignore the junk gives

Code:
              FIRMWARE_VER:4.2.2
              MACHINE_MODEL:U35GT2
              MACHINE_ID:007
              MANUFACTURER:RK30SDK
              MAGIC: 0x5041524B
              ATAG: 0x60000800
              MACHINE: 3066
              CHECK_MASK: 0x80
              KERNEL_IMG: 0x60408000
              #RECOVER_KEY: 1,1,0,20,0
              CMDLINE:console=ttyFIQ0 androidboot.console=ttyFIQ0 init=/init initrd=0x62000000,0x00800000 mtdparts=rk29xxnand:0x00002000@0x00002000(misc),0x00006000@0x00004000(kernel),0x0000E000@0x0000A000(boot),0x00010000@0x00018000(recovery),0x00020000@0x00028000(backup),0x00040000@0x00048000(cache),0x00400000@0x00088000(userdata),0x00002000@0x00488000(kpanic),0x00100000@0x0048A000(system),-@0x0058A000(user)
              Hopefully you could pull the entire ROM.

YES..........It's reading them now.

Thats it BED. Shattered !

Comment

Hi 900supersport,

I have studied the pulled files and have concluded that my Tablet came shipped with firmware version U35GT2_V1.05_20130827

link http://www.51cube.com/ch/DownShow.asp?ID=191

I have been trying to put the firmware though your kitchen using a downloaded copy of the firmware. I can't seem to get the kitchen to use my original Pullled files ??

Also, if I flash the firmware ROM I downloaded via RKTools1.7 in Windows, it flashes great and I can't see any difference. I have pulled these files with your kitchen and compared them again NO difference.

However, if I run the downloaded firmware though the kitchen, just 1,unpack 2 debloat and root and then make Custom ROM, when I flash it with the supplied flashing tool, once booted ok I get systemui has stopped and I have to reflash stock version.

Any thoughts ??

Mick

Comment

first thing to try is unpack the firmware, then make a romkit and flash. if this works then flash just boot.IMG from the custom.

Let me know how this goes.
                  900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

first thing to try is unpack the firmware, then make a romkit and flash. if this works then flash just boot.IMG from the custom.

Hi, OK done this and Tablet is ok.

What next my master ??

Mick

Comment

Clearly the fully worked system.img contains the problem so try the following

Preperation
                      • Copy the original system.img into working
                      • start the kitchen go to the flash menu and flash system
                      • reboot the u35gt

Hopefully you still have a working tab with stock system.img if so try the following

Step 1
                      • From system menu
                        • mount system.img
                        • custom remove, drag the debloat file from the processcontrol directory onto the line asking for the ROM specific removal file
                        • Once the debloat completed unmount system
                      • return to the flash menu and flash system.img

It the tab boots OK we should now have a debloated system.img, if not then probably one of the removed files is necessary (I doubt this would be the case).

Step 2
                      As step 1 but grow system

Flash and check for successful boot

Step 3
                      As step 1 but this time custom deploy, you want to drag the deploy file

If the tab boots you should now have root, busy box and, if you are on the modified boot.img, init.d support.

Step 4
                      As steps 1 but this time 'custom build prop changes'

Again flash and check.

900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

U35GT2

Had this tablet since last july, wi-fi is a little weak, but this tablet works absolutly perfect. very little support by cube so far. overall very satisfied with the tablet.

Comment

Clearly the fully worked system.img contains the problem so try the following

Preperation
                          • Copy the original system.img into working
                          • start the kitchen go to the flash menu and flash system
                          • reboot the u35gt

Hopefully you still have a working tab with stock system.img if so try the following

Step 1
                          • From system menu
                            • mount system.img
                            • custom remove, drag the debloat file from the processcontrol directory onto the line asking for the ROM specific removal file
                            • Once the debloat completed unmount system

• return to the flash menu and flash system.img

It the tab boots OK we should now have a debloated system.img, if not then probably one of the removed files is necessary (I doubt this would be the case).
                          Morning "B",

Still working on this, I've been sidetracked making a CWM recovery.img, to aid deveolpment. It's easy now to backup and restore.

I'm still having problems flashing the tablet from ubuntu, keeps saying "unexpected end of file" ?? or somthing like that, sorry I'm on the laptop now. I have to use the kitchen, then reboot back into windows to flash, then reboot back to ubuntu to do some more cooking.

I seem to going in the right direction, but my time has been tight, the next few days should see some more development.

Thanks again for your continuing support.

Mick

Comment

Working...
                          X