This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some useful ko modules for 3.0.36+ kernel based ROMS

Attached is a collection of ko modules (auth_rpcgss.ko, cifs.ko, lockd.ko, md4.ko, nfs.ko, sunrpc.ko and tun.ko)

I've tested some of these on my cube u30gt 2 and they work well. To make use of the follow this procedure.
    • download the zip and copy the .ko into system/lib/modules
    • use insmod from a terminal to insert the the modules and check with lsmod
    • test the new functionality
    • to save having to use insmod after each reboot use an init.d script to load the modules at startup

Thanks to rrileypm and Leolas for acquiring/compiling these modules.
    Attached Files
    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Worked example

I want to get privateinternetaccess (vpn) and access to cifs network shares. For the vpn access I need tun.ko and for cifs cifs.ko and md4.ko.
    1. First job is to get the files downloaded onto my tablet
    2. using esfileexplorer i've
      1. made system writeable
      2. copied the ko files to system/lib/modules
      3. checked the permissions on the newly copied modules
    3. started a terminal session and entered the following

Code:
    su
    lsmod
    insmod system/lib/modules/cifs.ko
    insmod system/lib/modules/md4.ko
    insmod system/lib/modules/tun.ko
    lsmod
    Each of these lines ran without error, the lsmod lines show the loaded modules before and after the insmod lines. I then verified that i could now access privateinternetaccess and configure and access cifs shares.

The final step is to create a file in system/etc/init.d to load these modules on startup
    1. using esfileexplorer
      1. add a new file (I named it 000loadmodules, as I want too load these modules before carrying out any other init.d processing)
      2. open the file as text and enter the following and save.

Code:
    #!system/bin/sh
    insmod system/lib/modules/cifs.ko
    insmod system/lib/modules/md4.ko
    insmod system/lib/modules/tun.ko
    All that remains to do is to reboot and check that my vpn and cifs shares still work.

Hope this of some use.
    900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

Hi! Thanks for those module! I ha ve tried the tun.ko successfully but I can't succeed in connecting a cifs mount point even with the module cifs installed.
      What app are you using to mount your network path? Any help would be great.
      I have a u30gt2 using your latest ROM. I succeed in mounting that same network share on many other devi ces.

Thanks

Comment

Try using cifs manager from playstore

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk
        900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

I realized that I was not using your kernel, that was probably the reason why I couldn'tget it right. I switched back to your OC Kernel and it is great.
          Thank!

Comment

By the way, could you please give me a little bit of details on what those modules are? I know the tun and cifs but I have no idea about tthe others.

Comment

Honest answer, I don't know, however Google is my friend so a quick Google of sunrpc.ko says this and a few of the others required for NFS support.
              900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Interesting 900, There was a discussion about implementing tun.ko in the cs968 thread. Maybe I should use your init.d script for my ROM, too.

JDfense

Comment

if you have init.d support then its an easy fix.

Sent from my U30GT 2 using Tapatalk 4
                  900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
                    Honest answer, I don't know, however Google is my friend so a quick Google of sunrpc.ko says this and a few of the others required for NFS support.
                    He he! Faire enough! I tried google too, but I couldn't get satisfying results.

Comment

See for example http://android.doshaska.net/nfs
                      900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Is the zip file in the original post available anywhere else, it seems after the upgrade the download link is broken
                        Downloaded now thanks
                        Last edited by promark; 03-30-2015, 12:13.

Comment

Originally posted by promark View Post
                          Is the zip file in the original post available anywhere else, it seems after the upgrade the download link is broken
                          Downloaded now thanks
                          Where did you get the file from? The link seems to be still dead

Comment

Originally posted by picoblaze View Post

Where did you get the file from? The link seems to be still dead
                            Cant remember now was a year ago, but the link in the 1st post seems to be working mow

Comment

Working...
                            X