Ematic 7" MID Google Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ematic 7" MID Google Play

I have an Ematic 7" MID that I would like to get Google play on and perhaps root. I was wondering if I could get a custom ROM for it. I have tried the RK28 ROM already posted and it sorta works. all the text has lines through it and the OS does not read the accelerometer properly.

Model Number: EBW404B
    Firmware version: 2.1-update1-1.0.0
    Kernel Version: 2.6.25
    root@server #748

I have uploaded a zip of all the imgs needed to use rkandroidtool with the correct settings to flash it to factory settings (I have tested this many times). Admittedly I took the parameter file from the RK28 custom ROM and modified the offsets and sizes, having got the correct info using adb. The link is here.

On a side note if it is possible to update android to a later version that would be awesome.

Thanks for any help recieved.
    Shalar
    Last edited by Shalar; 08-31-2012, 12:40. Reason: Underlined the link.

So this is a RK28 Eglide then?
    It must be a different model than the other ROM I made?

I will have a look over the next few days. Super busy on other ROMs right now.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Any hope that those other ROMs are going to be finished soon? I have been waiting patiently for two weeks, and will wait as long as I have to. My number one thing I just want done from this is preferably Google play or the old android market installed. All my attempts at using adb to install various packages of them have failed. The only reason I even want the market is so that i don't have to hook the tablet up to the PC to have adb install an apk that I find somewhere. Having root would be nice just to be able to use some apps that get more functionality out of it.

I know people have their own lives and other things to do, so I just basically would like a status update. (If there is one.)

I am sorry if this post comes across as mean or anything.

-Shalar

Comment

I know I downloaded this but I have a few Ematic ROMs. Your skydrive link no longer works. What was the file name when I downloaded it?

Bob

Comment

Shalar,
          I have the same tablet you do. How did you manage to get the tablet into flash mode? I've tried holding the back button down while plugging into usb with no success and tried other buttons as well. I cannot keep the tablet from powering all the way up.

edit* I figured it out, but now I may have a brick. I posted on another thread because I saw a similar issue where the device won't boot now and I'm having no luck getting it back into flash mode.
          Last edited by Woody; 08-31-2012, 00:41.

Comment

@Finless: The file name is "Default Eglide Firmware (EBW404B).zip". Though the link in my first post still seems to work.

@Woody: I have had the problem where it seemed like it was not booting, but I could still get a response from the usb. What does the text at the bottom of the rom flashing tool say?

Comment

Originally posted by Shalar View Post
              @Finless: The file name is "Default Eglide Firmware (EBW404B).zip". Though the link in my first post still seems to work.

@Woody: I have had the problem where it seemed like it was not booting, but I could still get a response from the usb. What does the text at the bottom of the rom flashing tool say?
              It says: No Found RKAndroid rock usb.

My computer recognizes the device as a drive (like a flash drive) almost instantly when I plug it in. I can browse to the drive and see a couple folders. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. It seems like the device is still on - but with nothing on screen. I've tried holding the power button down for a few minutes but that didn't work either.

Comment

Woody: If you are getting access to the internal storage, then all hope is not lost. Grab this. In there you will find RKAndroidBatchUpgrade.exe. Run that using the upgrade.img found within the archive in my first post. You may have to hit the switch button at the bottom of the tool before you can flash it using the upgrade button. If this doesn't work then we will try another way.
                Last edited by Shalar; 08-31-2012, 12:39. Reason: misspelled word

Comment

Test ROM is uploading now.

Stay tuned it will be about 20 minutes.

Bob

Comment

OK here is my first test ROM for this tablet.

REMEMBER, I cannot TEST this! So I do not know if it works or is a brick. I am sure you have followed my other RK28 Eglide ROM threads. Well as you see I do not always make working ROMs.

This is just like my last Eglide ROM I did but I used the files you supplied (update.img).
                    It has the stock parameter file so if you have my other one or one you modded, go ahead and use it.

I rooted this ROM but system is still cramFS.
                    Iinstalled a old version of the market. If this doesnt work well, we can try to take the market files from the other eglide ROM and see if those work.

Here is the link:

http://video.freaktab.com/?subpath=f...nless_test.zip

Bob

Comment

Woody: If you are getting access to the internal storage, then all hope is not lost. Grab this. In there you will find RKAndroidBatchUpgrade.exe. Run that using the upgrade.img found within the archive in my first post. You may have to hit the switch button at the bottom of the tool before you can flash it using the upgrade button. If this doesn't work then we will try another way.
                      I gave this a shot but no luck. Keeps telling me that no device exists. Something has changed since yesterday though, now the device doesn't show up as one removable drive - it shows up as 2 hidden drives - which I can't open. I'll keep trying any other suggestions you have. Thanks for the help.

Comment

I got the ROM to flash successfully, but the market seems to be absent. The device is rooted though.

Comment

Woody:

Solution 1) grab adb from the android SDK. From an administrative command line run the command "adb devices" Hopefully you'll see something like "list of devices attached" "11223344 device" If not proceed to solution 2. type "adb restart" while holding down the back button on the tablet to force your device to reboot and enter flash mode.

Solution 2) Wait for the battery to run out, and once you are sure that it has plug it in while holding down the back button.
                          Last edited by Shalar; 08-31-2012, 22:55. Reason: Grammar

Comment

Woody:

Solution 1) grab adb from the android SDK from an administrative command line run the command "adb devices" Hopefully you see something like "list of devices attached" "11223344 device" If not proceed to solution 2. type "adb restart" while holding down the back button on the tablet to force your device to reboot and enter flash mode.

Solution 2) Wait for the battery to run out, and once you are sure that it has plug it in while holding down the back button.
                            Alright, I'll give it a shot. I need to confirm though because I'm having a brain fart and can't remember which "back" button I actually used the first time. Looking at the tablet with the power button in the lower left corner, is it the top button on the right that looks like this - << or is it the 3rd button from the top with the turning arrow? Stupid question I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Woody View Post
                              Alright, I'll give it a shot. I need to confirm though because I'm having a brain fart and can't remember which "back" button I actually used the first time. Looking at the tablet with the power button in the lower left corner, is it the top button on the right that looks like this - << or is it the 3rd button from the top with the turning arrow? Stupid question I know.
                              It is the turning arrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X