Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preparing to root eMatic eGlide 3 with Froyo 2.2

Hi,

Could anybody please inform me how to connect my eMatic eGlide 3 (7 inch) with Froyo (2.2) to a desktop when preparing to flash etc?

On my device, under USB settings, I can choose between Mass Storage and ADB and under the PROGRAM settings/development I can choose USB debugging. I have have tried everything with the device turned off, plugging in the USB cable (in the OTG connector on the device) while holding down the BACK button - but nothing happens. Stupid question: should I also turn the device on while holding down the back button and plugging in the USB cable?

Anybody know the correct settings for the above mentioned alternatives? What am I doing wrong?

RKAndroidTools cannot detect my device, nor does Windows (XP) recognize it as new hardward.

When setting the USB alternatives to Mass Storage, Windows reginize my SD card and the free space of the device locak disk as two separate flash disks.

Would greatly appreciate any tip - thank you in advance.

Hi KKNP,

Have you had any progress about your eGlide 3? I have a same piece but I'm strongly thinking about to destroy it! I could not setup a supported 3G USB dongle (contacted eMatic support), can't login to skype (contacted eMatic support), because it stops. Also I tried to connect the device to PC using the method what you mentioned, but does not work for me either!

I'll give it one or two more weeks, but then I'll take my hammer...

Any information is welcome, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ld1 View Post
      Hi KKNP,

Have you had any progress about your eGlide 3? I have a same piece but I'm strongly thinking about to destroy it! I could not setup a supported 3G USB dongle (contacted eMatic support), can't login to skype (contacted eMatic support), because it stops. Also I tried to connect the device to PC using the method what you mentioned, but does not work for me either!

I'll give it one or two more weeks, but then I'll take my hammer...

Any information is welcome, thanks!
      Hi,

No progress! I will give you a more detailed reply this afternoon. I might have a tip for you as regards the 3G USB dongle!

Klas

Comment

Hi KKNP/Klas,

Thanks for your help in advance! Any help is appreciated since eGlide Customer Support is actually does not worth anything unfortunately :-(

Regarding the 3G dongle I could extract my Huawei E220 "device number" which is "12d1:1003". But they could not tell me how to enter it (hex, bix or dec format) into 3G setup. Also asked them to contact their developers, since the supported dongle list is not that long... nothing has happened - of course :-/

Thanks!

Comment

Hi KKNP/Klas,

Thanks for your help in advance! Any help is appreciated since eGlide Customer Support is actually does not worth anything unfortunately :-(

Regarding the 3G dongle I could extract my Huawei E220 "device number" which is "12d1:1003". But they could not tell me how to enter it (hex, bix or dec format) into 3G setup. Also asked them to contact their developers, since the supported dongle list is not that long... nothing has happened - of course :-/

Thanks!
          Hi again,

Sorry I did not find the time to answer you yesterday afternoon.

I do have a lot on my mind as regards the eGlide 3 but I think it might be wise to take one thing at the time and I will therefore start with the 3G internet connection.

However, first of all I want to make dead sure that we have the exact same eGlide - here follows specs over mine so that you can compare with yours:

The processor (DUAL CORE 800+300 MHz) is an ARM926Ej-S rev 5 (v5l); BOGOMIPS: 797.97. It runs on Froyo (eng) 2.2; build ID v 1.5.5 - 20110920.103830). The Kernel is 2.6.32.9 and the SDK version is = 8. Total RAM DDRII= 256 MB. Screen res 800x480. Plays MP4, AVI WMV (max 1280x720). Internal memory (local disc) is 4 GB!

Please let me know if we have the exact same machine.

Now as regards the 3G internet connection:

I suspected you had the same problems that I experienced myself, namely that the set up screen for the 3G connection is very misleading.

Under "Add 3G network" we have

- Name: call the connection whatever you like

- Device number: this is the catch; you should NOT enter any kind of DEVICE number but ONLY the standard (whatever applies for your broadband operator and country) DIAL UP NUMBER/PREFIX - for my part it looks as follows:

*99#

- APN: for my part the APN looks as follows: (you can Google this info stating the name of you operator)

bredband.tre.se

- User: you do not have to fill in this field

Thats it! It should now work.

I use an E1750 dongle but I also have an E220, which I tried, and it works fine!

If it proves, after all, that we DO NOT have the exact same machine, the above info for setting up a 3G networks should still be the same!

Please let me know how it goes!

I will soon get back to you regarding other questions concerning eGlide 3 (after your confirmation that we have the exact same machine).

Kind regards

Klas

Comment

Hello,

Sorry for my late response I was busy during the weekend :-)

So, I could extract some info for the comparation, but could not get the HW related data:
            Model number: eGlide 3
            Android version: 2.2
            Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-default
            Build number: generic-eng2.2 Froyo Ver 1.5.7-20111230.100739
            4GB in-built storage

Seems like I have newer build. How did you get the HW info?

Regarding the 3G setup's "Device number", do you mean "ONLY the standard" is like UMTS, GPRS, HSUPA or similar, or perhaps something else? The rest of the fields are the same as yours, and I could already fill them out ;-)

Thanks for your help!

Cheers!

Comment

Hello,

Sorry for my late response I was busy during the weekend :-)

So, I could extract some info for the comparation, but could not get the HW related data:
              Model number: eGlide 3
              Android version: 2.2
              Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-default
              Build number: generic-eng2.2 Froyo Ver 1.5.7-20111230.100739
              4GB in-built storage

Seems like I have newer build. How did you get the HW info?

Regarding the 3G setup's "Device number", do you mean "ONLY the standard" is like UMTS, GPRS, HSUPA or similar, or perhaps something else? The rest of the fields are the same as yours, and I could already fill them out ;-)

Thanks for your help!

Cheers!
              Hi,

No, it's like I wrote - you should write the valied dial up number! It's like a standard dial up number/prefix used by, as far as I know, all operators for modem internet connections.

It looks like this for me: *99#

and I'm sure its something similar in your country.

You can find the valied dial up number by plugging in the USB dongle into your PC and let it automatically install the software that's included on the dongle. Then, when done, go into "properties" for the new connection and you will see the dial up number used for this connection.

Klas

Comment

Hello Klas,

Ok, I see now! I'll try that way :-)
                (But why they named it "device number", still unclear :-/)

I'll back to you with my result!

Do you still want to know my HW related data (processor, freq, etc)? Do you know a simple way to get them?

Thanks for your great help!

/LD1

Comment

Hello Klas,

Ok, I see now! I'll try that way :-)
                  (But why they named it "device number", still unclear :-/)

I'll back to you with my result!

Do you still want to know my HW related data (processor, freq, etc)? Do you know a simple way to get them?

Thanks for your great help!

/LD1
                  Hi, yes please, I still want us to compare the HW data - I will get back to you tonight with details on how I got to know the HW data for my machine.

As for the software data, it looks like we have the exct same tablet.

Why they named the field "Device number" we will never know, it's just plain stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Klas

Hi again,

As for how I got the HW info, I used an app called ANDROID SYSTEM INFO!

If you dont have it already, you can download it or a similar app from the MARKET and other places.

Klas
                  Last edited by KKNP; 10-16-2012, 08:04.

Comment

Hello Klas,

Finally 3G works! Thank you the great help :-) I've never thought '*99#' has to be the magic device number! It is a big achievement!

I can't use Market for some reason, same with Skype... it crashes when I login!
                    Anyway, I found a similar HW info app in "SlideME Market", and seems we have the same equipment:
                    Processor: ARM926Ej-S rev 5 (v5l) 797.97MHz

I'm not sure I can get more "beneficial" improvements of this device. As you have originally asked, perhaps root access would be great on it :-) But, as I also experienced, it can't be recognized by pressing the back button together connecting the USB cable to a PC.

Hopefully someone else is reading this thread and can give us some hints :-)

Best Regards,

LD1

Comment

Hello Klas,

Finally 3G works! Thank you the great help :-) I've never thought '*99#' has to be the magic device number! It is a big achievement!

I can't use Market for some reason, same with Skype... it crashes when I login!
                      Anyway, I found a similar HW info app in "SlideME Market", and seems we have the same equipment:
                      Processor: ARM926Ej-S rev 5 (v5l) 797.97MHz

I'm not sure I can get more "beneficial" improvements of this device. As you have originally asked, perhaps root access would be great on it :-) But, as I also experienced, it can't be recognized by pressing the back button together connecting the USB cable to a PC.

Hopefully someone else is reading this thread and can give us some hints :-)

Best Regards,

LD1
                      Hi again,

Great to hear 3G works - enjoy!

So then we have the exact same machine, but you have a newer build.

As for how to connect the machine to a PC in FLASH MODE, nobody seems to know. I have asked around without success. However, the problem is that you are the first person that I have "met" that have the same machine as I have and it appears that the technique used to get the machine into flash mode differs on all machines, even between the varoius eGlide machines.

It feels like I have tried everything under the sun to get my machine into flash mode but - no success!

So where to find somebody with our machine who happens to know the trick? I really do not know.

I do not know how much we would benefit from rooting our machines.

I have aslo tried SKYPE but I cannot get it to work. However, I can log in to my account but nothing else works. Perhaps rooting would solve this problem.

I have also tried to get Adobe Flash Player running but I cannot get it to work - I can install it but it does not work. According to the information, it should work on our machines but it does not. Perhaps rooting would solve this problem?

A question to you: did you get a CD when you bought your machine? On such a CD there should be the STOCK ROM for the machine and this is absolutely necessary to have when rooting the machine - please let me know if you have such a CD!

Klas

Comment

Hi again,

It seems you help to uplift my state to yours... thanks again!

No, unfortunately I did not get any CD in the box.

I suspect with root access these common issues can be resolved somehow... but need some guiding or start point ;-)

Regards,

LD1

Comment

Working...
                        X