Need help with half bricked Ematic EGP007BL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with half bricked Ematic EGP007BL

I have the problem with the touchscreen not working and the flash being on all the time. I didn't back up the rom because I didn't know how to and now I'm stuck. Can somebody point me out to the rom for the older version of the tablet if there is one so I could actually do this right or to at least factory reset it. I'll donate to the site if somebody helps me.

Same as Above

I have the same request/problem i have opened a ticket with the company hoping for a flash file from them as they have given out the new one i'm hoping they will give me a copy. But not holding out to much hope but ill let you know if they do. Or if you find a answer another way i'm in the same boat.

Comment

I GOT A FIX

http://www.ematic.us/FlashFiles/EGP007/update.img , This is the rom or whatever its called that you use with RK Batch Tool with to factory reset your tablet. To get RK Batch Tool go here http://www.x-drivers.com/catalog/fla...ool/27576.html. Before you do anything open up RKAndroidTool check off loader and click EraseIDB, once that finishes close the program. Now you can use FW upgrade procedure.txt and this to help you factory restore it. The first half of the file talks about how to use the custom usb drivers but you've already done that. Open up RKBatchTool.exe from the upgrading tools folder and click the bottom left button and select the bottom option to change the language to English. Now while having your tablet turned off hold both volume buttons and insert the mini usb into it and start clicking the power button to put it into the mode where you can flash stuff. It should recognize it and change the first box to a green one. Now for the FW Path click the button with the 3 dots and select where you have the update.img file. Now click on upgrade and wait and that's pretty much it. From what I understand this happens when you have an older version of the tablet and since I bought a refurbished one from **** I did. The only way to get apps and games is to go to http://www.androiddrawer.com/ or to pirate. You can message me about either thing, probably the second thing though since its kind of illegal to tell someone how to pirate. When you're downloading stuff from androiddrawer make sure to download the latest version which you can check under the download button.I wrote this right after waking up so I hope you can understand it well enough, IF YOU'RE NOT SURE ABOUT SOMETHING OR HAVE ANY QUESTIONS AT ALL ABOUT HOW TO FACTORY RESET OR ANYTHING ELSE PLEASE POST HERE SO OTHER PEOPLE CAN SEE OR ALTERNATIVELY MESSAGE ME.

Comment

I tried that flash file above no joy i called the company they moved me up to the next lvl support i'm hoping they will give me the right rom. I'll let you know if they do

Comment

Re: Need help with half bricked Ematic EGP007BL

Originally posted by eddshomie View Post
          http://www.ematic.us/FlashFiles/EGP007/update.img , This is the rom or whatever its called that you use with RK Batch Tool with to factory reset your tablet. To get RK Batch Tool go here http://www.x-drivers.com/catalog/fla...ool/27576.html. Before you do anything open up RKAndroidTool check off loader and click EraseIDB, once that finishes close the program. Now you can use FW upgrade procedure.txt and this to help you factory restore it. The first half of the file talks about how to use the custom usb drivers but you've already done that. Open up RKBatchTool.exe from the upgrading tools folder and click the bottom left button and select the bottom option to change the language to English. Now while having your tablet turned off hold both volume buttons and insert the mini usb into it and start clicking the power button to put it into the mode where you can flash stuff. It should recognize it and change the first box to a green one. Now for the FW Path click the button with the 3 dots and select where you have the update.img file. Now click on upgrade and wait and that's pretty much it. From what I understand this happens when you have an older version of the tablet and since I bought a refurbished one from **** I did. The only way to get apps and games is to go to http://www.androiddrawer.com/ or to pirate. You can message me about either thing, probably the second thing though since its kind of illegal to tell someone how to pirate. When you're downloading stuff from androiddrawer make sure to download the latest version which you can check under the download button.I wrote this right after waking up so I hope you can understand it well enough, IF YOU'RE NOT SURE ABOUT SOMETHING OR HAVE ANY QUESTIONS AT ALL ABOUT HOW TO FACTORY RESET OR ANYTHING ELSE PLEASE POST HERE SO OTHER PEOPLE CAN SEE OR ALTERNATIVELY MESSAGE ME.
          That file wouldn't work on my egp 007 pro series pink tablet. Would flash and boot but cannot use due to touchscreen not working.

Does anyone knows where is the freaking stock ROM for this tablet? Been searching for weeks. :-(

...and when the crap hit the fan I was the only one there...

Comment

Once again...

Any if not every Egp007 ematic pro and egp008 ematic extended tablet has minor and major differences as every one i have found or bought has completely different hardware and motherboard layouts....

(always root & backup your rom) if you cannot backup DO NOT try to flash any type of rom as it will most likely remove functionality and stability if not render it useless.

I dont want to be that one person to say this but...

Ematic support does not help at all with these issues you can get it replaced only if YOU ship it to them.

there update on there website does not work with the later 2011 and after models only older models with v3 camera and v2 screen.
            ~MSaki

Feel free to contact me for help on:
            Ematic EGP007
            Allwinner A10 and A13
            Galxay Note 10.1
            Galaxy Tab 2 7" and 10"
            Galaxy S2

Comment

Working...
            X