This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick and Easy Root for ematic EGQ307 series

Quick and Easy Root for the ematic EGQ307 series Allwinner QuadCore-A31 Bean4.2 Tablet

This file will install the su binary and set correct permissions only.

1. Download and copy attached RootFromOTA.zip to external sdcard

2. Insert sdcard and goto Settings -> Backup & reset and select Recovery Mode

3. Select apply update from external storage and select RootFromOTA.zip

4. Reboot

5. Install SuperSU from play store

6. Enjoy Root
    Attached Files

help

Originally posted by ssyspro View Post
    Quick and Easy Root for the ematic EGQ307 series Allwinner QuadCore-A31 Bean4.2 Tablet

This file will install the su binary and set correct permissions only.

1. Download and copy attached RootFromOTA.zip to external sdcard

2. Insert sdcard and goto Settings -> Backup & reset and select Recovery Mode

3. Select apply update from external storage and select RootFromOTA.zip

4. Reboot

5. Install SuperSU from play store

6. Enjoy Root

I have a egq307bl i need the orginal wpa_supplicant plz can someone upload it plz

Comment

Originally posted by newguy467 View Post
      I have a egq307bl i need the orginal wpa_supplicant plz can someone upload it plz
      What folder is this file in?

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        What folder is this file in?

system/bin thats the wpa_supplicant

could you also upload the wpa_supplicant.conf

thats in system/ect/wifi call wpa_supplicant.conf
        plz i need my tablet back to wifi and i messed it up i backed it up but i deleted the backup folder by accident .

thank you if you could upload it

i tried many differt ones none works so i guess its got to be from the same tablet

Comment

help

anyone dont think u need root to copy the files to a sd card and upload plz anyone?

Comment

Is this also quick and easy to undo the root and make it factory reset in case I need to return it for warranty?

Comment

Originally posted by newguy467 View Post
              system/bin thats the wpa_supplicant

could you also upload the wpa_supplicant.conf

thats in system/ect/wifi call wpa_supplicant.conf
              plz i need my tablet back to wifi and i messed it up i backed it up but i deleted the backup folder by accident .

thank you if you could upload it

i tried many differt ones none works so i guess its got to be from the same tablet
              Why do you need these files? Is it because you tried to do this root and the tablet broke? I have the BL tablet too, so I would like to know.
              Attached Files

Comment

Has anyone tried this yet?

Comment

Originally posted by ttyp View Post
                  Has anyone tried this yet?
                  Yes, this root method works well and easy too.

Comment

Need Stock Rom

Don't know if anybody still has this tablet but I'm desperate. I soft bricked this thing and now I need a copy of the stock Rom. Can someone please upload a copy?

Comment

Thank you ssyspro

Ssyspro.......You are a godsend. Your file worked like a charm.

I spent ALL night trying to get ADB working with my girlfriend's Ematic tablet and I had no luck. I tried editing the Google driver, universal drivers, and even a program called Imactor that is supposed to create a driver for you. Nothing worked. Everything installed the tablet but ADB would not recognize it. I found your thread and in 5 min I had root access. Thank you!!!

Comment

Backup before Root?

Any way to back this thing up before rooting? After trying every ADB driver out there and looking at every webpage I could find, as S_O_B indicated, it looks like it's just not possible to get the ADB interface working on this thing (or a least to get ADB to recognize it's connected). I'd really like to be able to restore this thing to default if needed. It'd be nice to have an app that would create an image on the SD card similar to the root file.

Thanks,

Beo

Comment

Which "SuperSU" are you referring to. Today's search in the Google Play Store shows 5 or 6 with that name. One costs $2.49. If that's the paid version of the free one you mean, I'm glad to pay the guy for development work.
                          Last edited by M2014P; 07-17-2014, 19:58.

Comment

Originally posted by M2014P View Post
                            Which "SuperSU" are you referring to. Today's search in the Google Play Store shows 5 or 6 with that name. One costs $2.49. If that's the paid version of the free one you mean, I'm glad to pay the guy for development work.
                            You can use any SU app (SuperSU, Superuser) free or paid the app just allows you to update the su binary and grant or manage superuser rights. If you don't want to have control over what apps are using superuser rights then you dont need to install the app at all.

Comment

Thread Closed

I am closing this thread because I no longer have any of these tablets, I purchased them for my kids and they have broken the lcd screens on all of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X