Ematic EGP007 PRO SERIES Stock Image/Rom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ematic EGP007 PRO SERIES Stock Image/Rom

I bought this tablet for my doughter in pink and was able to root it, place google play and customize it slightly, flashed a custom recovery and backed it up.

Then i got stupid and flashed a custom rom, well a couple of them cause non of them would work correctly, but when i tried to restore the stock rom, it wouldnt. Cannot restore system and data partitions or something like that.

I managed to flash some kind of a working rom but with some issues like wrong display of launcher, and if you turn brightnes to less than half you wouldnt be able to turn it back on as it would turn the screen completly dark and unless you remember exactly where to touch you are doomed to a reflash.

I saw threads about the same tablet here and those roms would kinda work too. I saw a link to an ematic.com factory update.img which i downloaded and installed to find that it doesnt have the right drivers for the touchscreen and camera flash will remain on until tablet is turned off, only posible by using a pin to push reset button.

I have the nandroid backup from cwm and it contains kernel.img, boot.img, recovery.img, and i think that misc.img too, but system backup and data backup seems to be corrupted, although i can view them in my laptop. Cannot extract them, and wouldnt know how to make an image out of all that either, even if i could extract them as i dont have the knowledge.

I want to know if someone here knows what program could i use, on a windows netbook, to be able to extract succesfully data and system backups to turn them into an .img file.

i know google knows the answer to that, but i want the answer from anyone with the same device or a related one.

Thanks in advance.

...and when the crap hit the fan I was the only one there...

The problem with the ematic rockchip tablets like most other is that they may look the same but each motherboard rev they make small changes in which each rom ends up having some minor - major differences.

as of far there should be a stock rom posted here that you can download and try.

it may or may not work the way one would want.

(at times like this it is always good to safely root and dump your device before trying any type of generic or modded rom)
    ~MSaki

Feel free to contact me for help on:
    Ematic EGP007
    Allwinner A10 and A13
    Galxay Note 10.1
    Galaxy Tab 2 7" and 10"
    Galaxy S2

Comment

Working...
    X