This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[New] Freelander Support

Freelander has released tablets featuring the Rockchip 3188 CPU's, and at the request of our friends at Geekbuying.com....Freaktab now supports their ROM's.

We will focus first on the PD800 and PD900 tablets, but as they come out with other models, you can find their ROM's on this forum.

If you have a Freelander tablet, with a Rockchip CPU...here's the place for ROM's and discussion.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Good job! My friend!
    Looking for developers
    http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Please keep in mind that these two tablets...the PD800 and the PD900 are the only Freelander tablets currently running RK3188 processors. All other Freelander models currently come with a variety of CPU's and I can't support them...I'm just a Rockchip DEV. Hopefully Freelander will do more with Rockchip processors in the future.
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

PD800 4.2

百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

(from http://223.4.236.214/bbs/showtopic-13607.aspx)
        Last edited by defalt; 09-17-2013, 16:09.

Comment

Thanks for the update, I'll download it and check it out. Stay Tuned!!!!!!
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Donate here

Comment

Comment

Uploading v1.3 right now...watch for a new thread.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

Hi, i have pd900 with your rom and all works perfect except wifi (like in original rom). After change the internal antenna (when the wifi want to turn on) have very good speed and stability, capable to play some mkv. But only connect sometimes and have crashes and reebots. When turn plane mode on never crash or reebot, but hapens when try turn wifi on. I don't think are hardware problems because when work do it well (same problems before change antenna). I try to fix with some apps (wifi fix, etc.) Without succes. Its only my tablet?, someone happen the same?. i buy a wifi usb dongle rtl8191 chip, not works. Try a gigabit ethernet usb adapter, not works. . I want use tablet as multimedia player ( lot of power and battery) but need lan connection. Wifi dongle drivers come with android support but need to compile.
                Some solution?????
                Thank you very much and sorry for my english.

Comment

pd900 4.2 rom issue

hi King Riley..

i have some questions, if you have time to answer..
                  is there a 4.2 update for pd900? planned or at present?

do you know the official freelander site where we can follow for the updates, roms etc. or any oyther sources?

and since this tablet has basic properties of most rk3188 2gbram tablets, can we install another 10.1 inch rk3188 2gb tablet's 4.2 rom over freelander? or maybe the official pd800 rom?

would it totally brick or isit worth trying?

thank you

Comment

I'm afraid I don't follow Freelander as closely as I do Pipo. Here is the link to their official firmware page:

Freelander

Porting ROM's from tablet to tablet is possible, but very time consuming. I don't own a Freelander device, so it's impossible for me to do it, myself. Drivers for touch screen, display, wifi, bluetooth, battery all add up to a virtual needle in a haystack.
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                      I'm afraid I don't follow Freelander as closely as I do Pipo. Here is the link to their official firmware page:

Freelander

Porting ROM's from tablet to tablet is possible,

thank you for your very quick reply King..

i don't mean porting (actually donno what it means but i guess) roms, but installing another brand with same properties like rk3188 2 gb 10.1" ips with bluetooth no gps external 3g support etc.. (which is nearly same as the freelander) official rom on the freelander..

i assume most of the screen drivers would be same on android. but i think it's not. as you say..

trying a non- fully compatible rom would brick the device? can i return back to the original rom by connecting to the pc again? what you think?

is it worth trying?

thank you..

Comment

Re: [New] Freelander Support

It is almost impossible to brick a Rockchip device.

If you try an alternate ROM...just make note of the things that don't work. You may find one that allows most things to work properly.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

great than:-) that was actually what i wanted to hear,
                          if its not possible to brick this antutu 19400 monster. than i can implement pipo m9 rom on it:-)
                          all the properties are the same except the cameras are 2 to 5 px in pipo where 0.3 to 2 px on pd900.
                          is there a software you know to show the components in android? like cpu z we had on windows.
                          thank you. for your help by the way..Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-04-15-32-18.png
Views:	1
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	431478
                          i used your pipo s2 rom in my pipo. that was stable as well, i want to try the pd900 rom of yours but reading the wireless issue a friend menriond here, i am a bit scared. is there any improvement on that so far sir?

Comment

[New] Freelander Support

Not yet. My time has been spent lately on current releases. As I learn some new wifi tweaks, I'll try to implement them on these other ROMs.

Randy
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Hi Randy
                              I am curious by my pd800 has a rileyrom with a pd80hd (80hd162) model number. That model is an a31 device

Also the display is offset toward the buttons and touches are offset too

Thanks for your hard work.
                              John

Comment

Working...
                              X