Freelander PD800 RileyROM 1.0 [Feedback]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
    Wow, I must have uploaded the wrong file for this ROM, because it doesn't include the correct parameter files. I'm sorry about that.

I have created new parameters that should work just fine.

No wonder you couldn't flash this ROM.

I really appreciate you bringing that to my attention.

Thanks

I will make a post as soon as the new ROM is uploaded. It will be the same link. I',m 7_11 for nachos

OK?????? but what am I supposed to do?

Comment

Freelander PD800 RileyROM 1.0 [Feedback]

Just download the ROM again and flash as you did before...just use the new zip instead.

You shouldn't get the error again.

Just look over the readme and First Time User Guide.

Good luck.

Randy
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Just download the ROM again and flash as you did before...just use the new zip instead.

You shouldn't get the error again.

Just look over the readme and First Time User Guide.

Good luck.

Randy
        I did...i still failed..

Still getting download file failed error.
        Last edited by circusboy; 07-22-2013, 07:19.

Comment

Can you give me walk through to factory reset.

Comment

Originally posted by circusboy View Post
            Can you give me walk through to factory reset.
            I too tried to install an failed but i found the original rom so i go back to stock if you want i can upload and give you a link

Comment

Originally posted by djcacho View Post
              I too tried to install an failed but i found the original rom so i go back to stock if you want i can upload and give you a link

Can you show me how.

Comment

The official site for ROM updates is: http://223.4.236.214/bbs/showtopic-13607.aspx
                There are two versions there:
                PD800(中文版)= Chinese Version PD800162 2013年5月 http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=466502&uk=2956444697&third=15
                PD800(英文版)= English PD800162 2013年5月 http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=466498&uk=2956444697&third=15
                Alternative link (probably faster download) for the English version

you will also need the Rockchip batch tool 1.7

I used this guide It's for a different tablet but same proccess

Comment

Originally posted by Glouds View Post
                  The official site for ROM updates is: http://223.4.236.214/bbs/showtopic-13607.aspx
                  There are two versions there:
                  PD800(中文版)= Chinese Version PD800162 2013年5月 http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=466502&uk=2956444697&third=15
                  PD800(英文版)= English PD800162 2013年5月 http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=466498&uk=2956444697&third=15
                  Alternative link (probably faster download) for the English version

you will also need the Rockchip batch tool 1.7

I used this guide It's for a different tablet but same proccess
                  Saved my life...thank you
                  Last edited by circusboy; 07-22-2013, 17:23.

Comment

Are you still having problems after I updated the parameters? I'm not sure what's causing this.
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                    Donate here

Comment

Are you still having problems after I updated the parameters? I'm not sure what's causing this.
                      I used Glouds links and got my tablet back to stock. No sure why yours wouldn't work. I may try again later.

But thanks...I really appreciate any cook!

Comment

I will look a little more on my end, but it should flash OK since I redid the parameter files.

I do not have this tablet, so your testing is greatly appreciated.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

One thing you might try, if you have time...on the Flash Tool supplied in my ROM...right click in the white space at the bottom and "add item". On line 8 in the Name field type "backup". Leave the address and path fields blank...and keep it unchecked. Then flash.

I haven't run into any problems with the 3188 ROM's with this, but on the 3066 ROM's this entry had to be in the Flash Tool or it caused errors.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by circusboy View Post
                            I used Glouds links and got my tablet back to stock. No sure why yours wouldn't work. I may try again later.

But thanks...I really appreciate any cook!
                            I currently don't have the tablet on me (gave it to my sister for a month) so I can't try the RileyROM myself... All I can say is that the stock ROM is bulky. Please share your experience with this one

Comment

Originally posted by Glouds View Post
                              I currently don't have the tablet on me (gave it to my sister for a month) so I can't try the RileyROM myself... All I can say is that the stock ROM is bulky. Please share your experience with this one
                              So I reloaded the stock rom that you posted...after a few days it seems snappier than the rom that it shipped with. If I have more time I might try the RileyROM again...but that might be best for someone a little more experienced.

Comment

Play Store

Any way I can up the compatibility with the play store...or should I just stick with apk files?

Comment

Working...
                                X