Freelander PD800 RileyROM 1.0 [Feedback]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my first ROM for the Freelander brand of tablets, as requested by our friends at Geekbuying.com.

This ROM is:

Rooted
    Debloated
    Ext4 File System
    2, 4, 6 or 8 gb of user app space
    Init.d Support
    Google Play Store fixes applied

Please follow the instructions in the readme file within the kit.

Download this ROM here:

Download

If this is the first time you are flashing one of our ROM's, you may encounter some challenges in installing Windows drivers. Please download this First Time User Guide to help you throught he process:

Download

Feel free to post any comments for feedback here.

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!
    Last edited by rrileypm; 07-13-2013, 21:23.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

What model PD800?

RK3188 or Exynos 5250 ??

Comment

Originally posted by Adonis View Post
      RK3188 or Exynos 5250 ??

i would say that would be the rk3188 because that is the only roms that Randy builds
      freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

Any luck?

Has anyone tried this on their PD800...this will be my first flash. Everything work ok? Android 4.2?

Thanks!

Comment

No reports yet from someone brave enough...hahahah!!!!

If this is your first shot at flashing a Freaktab ROM, be sure and read the "First Time User Guide" I attached to post #1. It will save you and I a whole lot of headaches.....
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
            No reports yet from someone brave enough...hahahah!!!!

If this is your first shot at flashing a Freaktab ROM, be sure and read the "First Time User Guide" I attached to post #1. It will save you and I a whole lot of headaches.....
            I'll give it a try over the weekend. I assume this will speed up the tablet? It's pretty snappy overall. My biggest gripe is some apps don't work from the play store. Did they upgrade to 4.2?

Thanks a pile for putting this up!

Comment

I do some changes that allow for greater compatibility with apps in Google Play Store, so yes you should see a difference there.

I don't think this is a 4.2.2 ROM, so there shouldn't be much of a performance difference.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

I do some changes that allow for greater compatibility with apps in Google Play Store, so yes you should see a difference there.

I don't think this is a 4.2.2 ROM, so there shouldn't be much of a performance difference.
                I suppose I could just overclock after it's rooted...getting ahead of myself...haha.

Comment

Thanks!
                  Will try as soon as possible!

Comment

Yikes!

I may have bricked the ol device. It seems to go ok...then it tries to check the download...it fails and gives me
                    error: download file failed
                    error: run failed

Help?

Comment

Usually it is due to a poor USB connection. Check your connections. Also try a different cable.

Don't go through a hub.

Don't use a USB 3.0 port.

If that doesn't work, try one of the other parameter files.

Randy
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

Usually it is due to a poor USB connection. Check your connections. Also try a different cable.

Don't go through a hub.

Don't use a USB 3.0 port.

If that doesn't work, try one of the other parameter files.

Randy
                        Dont have USB 3.0 so that shouldn't be an issue. Tried a few different cables....no luck. I only see one parameter files in the rom folder. It errors out when it does the checking.

Comment

That may be the problem. Let me look at that.

Randy
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

Wow, I must have uploaded the wrong file for this ROM, because it doesn't include the correct parameter files. I'm sorry about that.

I have created new parameters that should work just fine.

No wonder you couldn't flash this ROM.

I really appreciate you bringing that to my attention.

Thanks

I will make a post as soon as the new ROM is uploaded. It will be the same link.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

OK, the download is finished...just follow the link on post #1.

Sorry it took so long...it had to make it from Arkansas, USA over to our server in Germany...hahaha!!!!
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Working...
                              X