Freelander PD900 RileyROM 1.0 [Feedback]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is another ROM for the Freelander brand of tablets, as requested by our friends at Geekbuying.com.

This ROM is:

Rooted
    Debloated
    Ext4 File System
    2, 4, 6 or 8 gb of user app space
    Init.d Support
    Google Play Store fixes applied

Please follow the instructions in the readme file within the kit.

Download this ROM here:

Download

If this is the first time you are flashing one of our ROM's, you may encounter some challenges in installing Windows drivers. Please download this First Time User Guide to help you throught the process:

Download

Feel free to post any comments for feedback here.

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!
    Last edited by rrileypm; 07-13-2013, 21:47.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Hi,

Fist of all thanks for the great work!
    The ROM is great compared with the stock but I still have many crashes and reboots.
    The tablet crashes a lot with facebook and the antutu never start.

Is there any update coming or I can help with something?

Thanks in advance

Comment

I look at their site periodically. If there are any updates I will do a new rom.

Randy
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Hey Darkenpt,

Any updates on how this ROM is working for you? How did the flash process go. I'm having all sorts of problems with my PD800 ROM and was wondering if the same problems carried over to the PD900.

It sounds like your flash went well, because you successfully booted. Did you have the same problems with the stock firmware (crashes and stuff)?

Please give me a report.

Has anyone else flashed this ROM?
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Donate here

Comment

works greats! but I would like you change the boot image...thanks!!

Comment

The bootanimation.zip is in the folder /system/media.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
              Hey Darkenpt,

Any updates on how this ROM is working for you? How did the flash process go. I'm having all sorts of problems with my PD800 ROM and was wondering if the same problems carried over to the PD900.

It sounds like your flash went well, because you successfully booted. Did you have the same problems with the stock firmware (crashes and stuff)?

Please give me a report.

Has anyone else flashed this ROM?
              Hello!

I'm sorry for taking so long to reply :|

But yes, craches/freezes and reboots when just opened the Facebook app or a new tab on chrome for example. And this happened on stock and your ROM.
              At firs I thought that could be overheating or such so I underclocked to 800MHz but the problems persist.
              I want so say that in some apps, like Rayman Jungle Run the tablet appears to be stable for hours, but some times rebooted also.

I contacted the onlineshop and they ask me so send them the tablet in order to repair as they thought that could be a defective one. But I have chosen to get another tablet.

So right now I don't have the tablet any more. But I would like to thank you for the great work, I will be following you on another thread (Pipo M9 Pro).

Best Regards,
              darkenpt

Comment

The link for the instructions PDF is down.
                How can I install this and please keep developing for this tablet. I'll donate money.

Comment

Re: Freelander PD900 RileyROM 1.0 [Feedback]

Don't worry...I try to check for updates every few days.

The PDF instructions should be in my ROM zip file. If not...just download one of my recent Pipo ROMs....I know its in there.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

Don't worry...I try to check for updates every few days.

The PDF instructions should be in my ROM zip file. If not...just download one of my recent Pipo ROMs....I know its in there.

You are a legend mate, the bloatware on the stock ROM is driving me nuts haha.

Comment

Re: Freelander PD900 RileyROM 1.0 [Feedback]

I'm getting my Freelander PD900 in the mail shortly, and I'll make sure to let you know how things work out with your custom ROM!

Comment

Got it

Hi, Got my Freelander for my birthday and tried to flash it using the instructions in the read me.

1. After hitting the "Reboot2flash" button the tablet turns off and "Nofound RKAndroid rock usb" on the screen

To recover I need to remove power and usb cable from tablet and wait 5 mins to power it back on.

I have tried this with usb debug off (as per the read me) and usb debug on (just in case).

So for me this hasn't worked (yet). Help or ideas greatly appreciated because the Chinese bloat is killing me along with the very unstable wireless even with Wifi Fix installed.

Keith

Comment

hi, i´m using this rom for 2 months and works great. Better user app space, more time battery and more points in antutu benchmark than the stock rom. But the same issues with wifi connection.

-Damnager:
                          I was the same problem to flash, when the tablet turns off and "Nofound RKAndroid rock usb" unplug the usb cable and plug it again (that works for me).

-Anybody found a solution for wifi?
                          -Some wifi dongle or ethernet adapter working without compiling drivers?
                          -I´ts possible to change the internal rk903 chip?

I can´t understand why bluetooth works perfect and wifi only works sometime if are in the same chip.
                          Regards and thank you for the rom.

Comment

Hi Proxos, Thanks for the reply. If I unplug and then plug the USB cable back in it does indeed power back up eventually but then it will not do the EraseIDB and fails with "MSC can't do erase NAND"

Any other ideas?

Comment

The bootanimation.zip is in the folder /system/media.
                              Thanks mate, works great, but I do not like the boot logo "rilley rom". Is it possible to remove whole?

Comment

Working...
                              X