Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad you got it going.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

freelander PD800

Hey,
      I am Robert and living in Holland. Since a day of 10 I am the owner of a Freelander PD800 and I am very happy with this tablet.
      I red this and other thread's because I wan't to change in "Root mode". There are several problems to flash the Riley1.2 for me.
      First of all: it is impossible to install the Rockbusdriver x64. All what was writen how to do in this thread I followed. No succes. My computer will not see the driver, so it is impossible to flash. I will try it again with the computer of my daughter next week. I Found next on the tablet to come in recovery mode.
      Press first for 10 sec's Volume+and power.(this sequence is important)
      There appears the "Android boy". Now press Power and Volume+ for 10 sec's.(this sequence is changed !!!)
      Now appaers the next text : Android System Recovery (3e); Volume up/down to move highlight; Powerbutton to select.
      Now the Menu:
      1.Reboot system now;
      2.apply update from ADB;
      3.apply update from external storage;
      4. update rkimage from external storage;
      5.apply update from cache;
      6.wipe data/factory reset;
      7. wipe cache partition;
      8. recovery system from back up. (Recovery system v 4.1.12.)
      Hopefully I can help other people with this recovery system.
      Now my question: is it possible to flash the Riley Rom 1.2. using 2,3 or 4 of this recovery menu????
      Robert.
      Last edited by robert38; 08-04-2013, 16:36.

Comment

Unfortunately, no.

All of my ROMs have to be installed from Windows.

Did you read the First Time User's Guide provided in the RileyROM zip file? It explains extensively how to get the Windows drivers installed and precautions to take to prevent loading the wrong drivers.

Other factors include:

Bad USB cable...try a different one.
        USB 2.0 ONLY...not through a USB 3.0 port
        Direct connection to a USB port on your PC...not through a hub or any other device
        USB Debugging in the Developer's Options of the tablet settings must be unchecked.
        Under USB settings, your device must be set up as a Mass Storage Device...not a Media Device.

Those are a few things that you can try.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
          Unfortunately, no.

All of my ROMs have to be installed from Windows.

Did you read the First Time User's Guide provided in the RileyROM zip file? It explains extensively how to get the Windows drivers installed and precautions to take to prevent loading the wrong drivers.

Other factors include:

Bad USB cable...try a different one.
          USB 2.0 ONLY...not through a USB 3.0 port
          Direct connection to a USB port on your PC...not through a hub or any other device
          USB Debugging in the Developer's Options of the tablet settings must be unchecked.
          Under USB settings, your device must be set up as a Mass Storage Device...not a Media Device.

Those are a few things that you can try.
          First Time Users= Yes I did.
          Other factors include= Yes, I did.
          Now I have to wait for my daughter. I can try it on here computer.

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by rembo View Post
            First off,thank you for your hard work ,I was able to flash this rom without issue. Erasing and flashing the rom works without issue, following the steps in your manual. After the first boot everything works flawlessly. I was able to connect to a access point , update everything from the play store , install a few apps from the playstore. I even ran a antutu benchmark without issue , but then out of nowhere the tablet freezes up , and after a hard reset it remains stuck at the splashscreen.I have twice flashed the 2gb version and once the 4gb version , all with the same result.
            I confirm, I have the same problem

Comment

Wow, sorry to hear that. I can't imagine any of my ROM changes messing with the system like that.

Usually if the changes I make are bad, it won't boot in the first place. Maybe there is an option in stock recovery to clear the cache or do a factory reset...there must be something keeping it from booting.

I have been watching the Freelander site for a new firmware update, but they haven't released one since May.

Here is a link to the stock firmware page. It's in Chinese, but you can scroll all the way to the bottom to find the download for the PD800. You need the Rockchip Batch Tool to flash it...not the tool in my ROM kit...but it runs with the same drivers.

Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

Sadly I have to report the same here. All worked fine, tablet felt faster and better. Then I tried to reboot and its stuck at splash / in boot loop. Now the real problem is that I won´t get to the point where it shows up as mass storage. Holding Volume up on boot gives me the picture of a Android laying on the floor with a Red ! inside a triangle warning screen above. Is this the "normal" flash mode that I need to revive it with the stock firmware? It is not detected as flash mode with 900 Super Suport Tool.

Could you please point me to the right stock rom? There is two on the chinese page you linked, I am afraid to flash the wrong one..

Hope you can find the cause of this problem soon and we can all happily run RileyROM...

edit: Got the download, second one is the English version, first is Chinese. This seems to be the english version (no garantee, use at your own risk!)
                百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

Click on middle lower button where is says filesize again, then on the right button in popup.

Comment

Freelander PD800 RileyROM 1.2 [Feedback]

The last two at the bottom are for the pd900 and pd800.

Randy
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

i reflashed your ROM with 8gb settings,booting up again. is there anything I can do to help you hunting down the bugger?

Comment

Freelander PD800 RileyROM 1.2 [Feedback]

Just try to use it and see if there any more problems.

Randy
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

I did reboot it multiple times on purpose and all went well. Then, when I was just uploading Backup with Orange Backup to cloud tablet started to crash apps and every new one I tried to launch would instantly crash. Even the small reboot app would not start anymore. Turning it off and on again using the power button.. and now I am stuck again at boot splash (its not animating the grey circles, if this info helps, just showing a still).

Would love to provide a dump but have no idea how to get the data out of device in this state.
                        If there is anything that would help you let me know. Could be anything from using custom tool to get data of device for analysis to providing VNC session / adb to freshly reflashed device.

Comment

Here is a link to the original firmware:

百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

Here is a link to the required flash tool:

Try restoring to the original firmware and see if it will be stable.

There is a possibility that the tun.ko file I added to system\lib\modules doesn't work with this kernel.

Otherwise, you can try to reflash my ROM and see if it continues to work avoiding the Orange Backup app.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

I ran the original rom for several days without getting stuck. (If you don´t count slow operation due to bloat..). Orange Backup is well known (basicly Nandroid without reboot), use it on other devices without problem. It was uploading zip to cloud when crash happened, its very unlikely that it was the cause as the same problem occured before without the app even installed.

Will flash stock for now, hope you find the bugger soon so we can enjoy your ROM.

(The link to RKBatchTool 1.6 gives me access denied, but I already got hold of v1.7 from this forum. Guess this will work as well.)

Comment

OK, I'm just trying to troubleshoot, here.

I'm thinking that my addition of tun.ko in the modules might be the problem. I have had many requests to provide this, but it stands untested on all devices. If you can get my ROM going again and with root activated in either Root Explorer or ES File Explorer or Xplore you might try to move the tun.ko file somewhere else.

Another thing I changed was the Superuser app. It is an open source version made by the same guy who invented CWM Recovery. So far, it has run OK for me...except it caused a crash on my system when I ran a certain app.

One of those two things might be the culprit.

I may try to just cook a new ROM without those two items in the loop to see if it helps.

It may be sometime tomorrow before I can get it done. It is getting late here and I'm at work in the fire house. I'll have to download the firmware again, anyway. It isn't on my laptop.

Thanks for your patients. This one ROM has been a real challenge. I wish I had a PD800 to test with.
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

No problem, those who moan about gifts not beeing like imagined do not deserve an internet connection...

I had the case that suddenly apps would say the device was not rooted. Maybe thats pointing in some direction? But I use Superuser on my SGS2 as well without problem.

I´m back on bloatware now... will flash as soon as you put up some new version and give report.
                                Might try to install tun.ko by hand and see if crash happens with stock.

Thank you for your efforts!

Comment

Working...
                                X