Freelander PD800 RileyROM 1.2 [Feedback]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
    I really thought I had this parameter thing solved...wow!!!!!.

Let me work on it...
    You're so close! I brought my tablet and laptop to work today. If you get something up I'll give it a test for you ASAP.

Thanks!

Comment

Sadly, I'm really busy today...it will have to be Saturday.
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Any updates

Anyone getting this to work or have any updates?

Comment

Freelander PD800 RileyROM 1.2 [Feedback]

I knew there was one thing I forgot to do Saturday. I spent all day getting my new laptop going.

I'm looking at that ROM.

STAY TUNED.

Randy
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

OK, I think I found a possible problem in the parameter files.

Take your pick of which parameter file you want to flash.

Open it in notepad.

The next to the last parameter is (system).

Change the number 168000 to 102000

Save the file and flash the ROM.

See if that fixes the problem and report.

I'm uploading v1.2b with these changes.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

OK, I think I found a possible problem in the parameter files.

Take your pick of which parameter file you want to flash.

Open it in notepad.

The next to the last parameter is (system).

Change the number 168000 to 102000

Save the file and flash the ROM.

See if that fixes the problem and report.

I'm uploading v1.2b with these changes.
              I'll do it tomorrow at work when I have more time. I'll wait until you get the new package up...that way I can test the whole thing and others wont have to bother. I know I'll start with the 8gb version.
              Thanks again!

Comment

HAHAHA!!!

You are like me...having more time at work to flash ROM's!!!!!!
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

The upload of v1.2b is finished.

Just follow the link in post #1. Since v1.2 didn't work, I just took that link down and changed it to 1.2b.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

The upload of v1.2b is finished.

Just follow the link in post #1. Since v1.2 didn't work, I just took that link down and changed it to 1.2b.
                    Getting a run failed error with 1.2b. I'll try 1.2a with the amended parameter file in notepad.

Update: Ok....so 1.2a with corrected parameter file created in Notepad got me back to the boot screen.

Comment

Man!!!!

I thought I had that fixed this time....back to the drawing board.....
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

Man!!!!

I thought I had that fixed this time....back to the drawing board.....
                        Ok...I'll need to test more and download some apps....run it through its paces...but I've given it a few power cycles...so far so good. I'll update more tomorrow. May just have been a crappy upload or download.

Update: I did all the Google/Android updates it requested...still good.

Is it possible an app or service is causing this to freeze up? I'm on about a dozen reboots....smooth sailing so far with only your stock apps and the requested updates. Haven't downloaded or installed anything else.

Comment

Success???!!!!

Ok...so I used the 1.2a download and the 8gb parameter file modified in notepad as you suggested. So far after heavy use this morning I'm happy to report no issues. I've power cycled while plugged in to USB, AC every possible configuration with not a single problem. I've downloaded 1.5gb of apps all on the internal storage and did not share to the SD side to save room. Fingers crossed you've got this one nailed

Comment

Originally posted by circusboy View Post
                            Ok...so I used the 1.2a download and the 8gb parameter file modified in notepad as you suggested. So far after heavy use this morning I'm happy to report no issues. I've power cycled while plugged in to USB, AC every possible configuration with not a single problem. I've downloaded 1.5gb of apps all on the internal storage and did not share to the SD side to save room. Fingers crossed you've got this one nailed

And we lasted all day...but....tried to download Dungeon Hunter 4 when I got home...and she froze up. Back to being stuck on RileyRom Badge spalsh screen.

It's something in the parameter files. If I use 1.2a with parameter files modified by myself in notepad...it works...for a while. If I use 1.2a with the new parameter files you provided in 1.2b...no dice.

UPDATE:::: I can officially confirm Dungeon Hunter 4 causes the system to crash and freeze forcing you to do a hard reset which gets you stuck on the splash page. (tried it 3 times). The file size is 957mb...which is suspiciously close to the original/stock SD allocation for apps. I tried another game that was 1gb with same result...must be something with these large file sizes. Thoughts???

Last edited by circusboy; 08-15-2013, 04:43.

Comment

Back again. For clarification: Did anybody manage to get the device (permanently!) running with the custom rom? If yes, what was the exact procedure?

Comment

Let me upload another experiment with a different set of parameter files to test.

It will be 1.2c.

I will post a link as soon as it's done uploading.
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X