• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freelander PD800 RileyROM 1.2 [Feedback]

Thanks for the info!!!

Randy
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Freelander PD 800 Riley Rom 1.2c.

Now I have to wait for my daughter. I can try it on here computer.

I wrote this on aug.8

Yesterdayevening we had time to try installing the drivers and the Rom.
      Fingers crossed.
      After half an hour the Freelander works with the Rileyrom 1.2c.
      We were very happy with this result.
      Now, the Apps in the Playstore could be installed. All the Apps I downloaded were competable.
      Bluetooth works now for 100%. Perfect.
      I think the tablet is working faster than before!!!!???
      Good work Randy and thank you for all your work.
      Robert

Comment

I'm glad to hear it. I was starting to think we would never get this ROM working.

Enjoy!!!!!!
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Can you give an example for an app in the play store that wasn't compatible on the stock ROM and is now compatible with the RileyROM?

Comment

Freelander PD800 RileyROM 1.2

Yes, like AlarmeringDroid; CWM; Computer File Manager;Flightradar Pro24; Watchdog lite; Satelitte AR; and so on.
            Robert.

Comment

Originally posted by robert38 View Post
              Yes, like AlarmeringDroid; CWM; Computer File Manager;Flightradar Pro24; Watchdog lite; Satelitte AR; and so on.
              Robert.
              Wow, and what is the reason? and what makes the custom ROM fix the issue?

Comment

It is a licensing thing with Chinese devices. We trick the tablet into thinking it is a Samsung device...which unlocks most apps during the compatibility check.

That is likely the #1 reason to flash a custom ROM.

Randy
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Thanks!!

Comment

rrileypm finally only I must flash the ROM 1.2C and enjoy? Or I must flash the kernel too? If I flash with your ROM Will I lose all information, all app of my tablet?

Thanks! Great Job!

Comment

In order to use a custom ROM, you must erase IDB and flash the whole ROM. There are some changes in the file sizes and parameters. That will erase your whole tablet.

After that, you can switch recovery, kernel or boot images without flashing everything.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

I finally found the time to install 1.2c, will test it in the next days and report back.

About the tab:
                        Hardware wise it seems to be a good choice, screen is leaking some on borders, one dead pixel (anyhow.. who cares on retina...). Splashtop on 300 Mbit Wlan feels nearly like sitting on the machine itself. Definitly some horsepowers under the hood. Battery life is ok. Cams suck, forget about them. 1995 webcam style.

Now (again) to the drawbacks: Somehow the did not implement touchscreen driver proper into Android. If I turn on dev options "Show touches" and "Pointer Location" the touches will show up with reasonable update speed (about 15-20 fps I guess), but the Pointer loaction only updates around once per second. This leads to very sticky feeling when using the tab, especially when typing. This does not really change with your custom rom.

It also looks like the GPU is not used in the right way in many apps. F.e. Angry Birds scrolls smooth as butter, while any browser I tried does not - beside when I set UC Browser to use low resolution internally and scale up.

In case there is such an option.. I would be in with 20 bucks to finance the device for you. Guess this would raise your interest into getting it slick alot. Maybe we could agree you get it when we reach 200 $? ;-)

Anybody else in?

Comment

ARGL!

I tried to reboot to recovery to see whats in there. Now even after hitting hardware reset button tab boots up with laying green android robot with a red ! sign above. SuperSuport does not recognize it.

edit: Oh.. it just takes a minute or two until it boots up. Pheew!

Comment

Everyone experiences the dreaded recovery lockup eventually. I have felt your pain many times.

I'm glad you got it going again.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

I dared to do it again, with same result. (There is a small Riley Rom "Sherrif Mark" Picture showing up before main (bit cluttered) bootscreen that I like much better then second one. Just for the records).

So.. there is no recovery?

What do you think about the "Users buy Tablet for (Rom)Chefcook" idea?

Comment

Hahaha!!!! I thought about getting one of these tablets, so I knew what was going on...but they are soooo expensive compared to the Pipo's.

My donation link is live...and I have a good source for one.

It is really hard cooking ROMs for tablets I don't have. I'm one of the few who actually does it.

Randy
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X