Freelander PD800 RileyROM 1.3 4.2.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freelander has updated their PD800 firmware with Android 4.2.2!!!!

This new ROM is based on the official firmware released on 9/6/2013.

This ROM is:

Rooted
    Debloated
    init.d support
    Busybox Support
    CWM Recovery (optional) the default is stock recovery
    Expanded Ext4 File System
    2, 4, 6, or 8gb user app space

Boot screens by Tattman65
    Flash Tool by Finless
    First Time User's Guide by Pr0xZen
    Reboot app by Petrus

Enjoy!!!!!!

Download

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

flashed with cwm and parameter4
    while works
    had to format the 10GB partition as First, the system has not seen him

mm.. google translator..

antutu 18094
    Last edited by defalt; 09-17-2013, 18:16.

Comment

If you are running CWM recovery, yes...you will need to format the internal SD...that is explained in the First Time User's Guide.
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

No Wifi

I been using 1.2c, and was working nice, but the wifi, had cuts all the time.
        Some time before this update, when turn on wifi, the tablet got into bootloop, then had to go to a place where no wifi signals arround, set airplane mode, then usable, 'til wifi on agan, then bootloop.
        I updated to 1.3 4.2.2 and wifi doesnt turn on at all. Just a couple random times, got on but not worked for more that 5 minutes. The bluetooth work perfect. What can i do?

Comment

Re: Freelander PD800 RileyROM 1.3 4.2.2

Is anyone else having wifi problems? Or is this an isolated case?
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Donate here

Comment

I'm almost sure that im the only one, since i had wifi troubles before update...
            If its hardware, its possible to obtain the wifi module and change it?
            or im f**ked up then i should use USB ethernet adapter for the rest of the life?

Comment

Re: Freelander PD800 RileyROM 1.3 4.2.2

Sorry, I don't have much experience with Freelancer tablets...other than looking at the firmware. From the looks at the responses on my ROMS we aren't having much luck. I may have to defer development to someone who has one of these tablets to test on.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

Freelander RileyROM 1.3.4.2.2.

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                Is anyone else having wifi problems? Or is this an isolated case?
                In Freelander PD800 Riley Rom 1.2 I wrote:

In this time, after using the Rileyrom 1.2c for more than 2 weeks, I'm a very happy user.
                There is only one thing that I have to ask to the maker Randy.
                Using the wifi I have a very weak signal.
                Is it possible to give a boost or something else?
                Robert38

Robert38.

Comment

Some of the Pipo tablets had the same problem, but there was inconsistency between devices. We found that the antenna wasn't soldered in correctly.

That may be the same flaw the Freelander tablets have.

It's either that, or a design flaw with the positioning of the antenna within the case.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

Works great on my PD800! Faster and supports all apps. Voice recognition search works like a champ even in Hebrew.
                    I translated the instructions to Hebrew

Thanks for the good work!
                    Last edited by Glouds; 09-26-2013, 22:07.

Comment

Fantastic!!!!

I'm glad to hear some good results with these Freelander devices. I was about to give up, entirely.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

freelander pd800

Originally posted by Glouds View Post
                        Works great on my PD800! Faster and supports all apps. Voice recognition search works like a champ even in Hebrew.
                        I translated the instructions to Hebrew

Thanks for the good work!
                        And may I ask you: how is your WIFI working?
                        Robert38.

Comment

Wifi is working just fine. note that this tablet does not excel at wifi reception... I have a sony xperia go phone that get's somewhat better distance from the router. It's ok that some devices are better than others by some measure. I didn't use the WiFi analyzer app to actually test the numbers though.

Comment

Works fine, very great! I installed the ROM in my tablet and...Man!, all work better than when I bought the tablet. It's like a new tablet. Great Job! I wish give you a donation for research and improve in new ROMS. My tablet now really work fine.

Thanks!

Comment

I'm glad to hear that. It took a while to get this ROM to work.

Thanks for your support!!!!!

Randy
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Working...
                              X