GoClever R93 - Custom ROM by Finless with Market3.4.4 Version 1.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GoClever R93 - Custom ROM by Finless with Market3.4.4 Version 1.4

OK next up for 1.4 is the GoClever R93. I had not posted my 1.3 ROM here before as it was just testing going on in the GoClever tablet forum. So now time to go live with 1.4.
    Hope you guys like it.

By the way some of you guys looking for Tabs, you should check this one out. Large 1280x800 screen!!!! It's got good specs too.

WARNING! Remove your SDCard when flashing this ROM!!! There is a risk it can be ERASED!!!

This has been a lot of work by many other people. I HAVE to give total PROPS to FreakTab user Fenice57. His first ext4 setup was not quite right. We all worked together and Fenice solved the problem by highly modifying the recovery system.

ext4 explanation:
    Understand the history. After a ROM flash the recovery system formats everything. Well without a change in that it simply reformatted anything back to ext3. The ext4.ko kernel modules handled mounting an ext3 partition even if the mount command said to mount as ext4!!! It even reported it mounted as ext4!!! Go figure that one So lot's of testing and benchmarking later..... We have a real ext4 file system!
    So there was no ext4 file system to benefit from in previous work. The improved ext4 kernel modules gave a little performance add but not much. However Fenice57 worked HARD on solving this and modified the recovery system to stop the format to ext3. Sowa and myself also added in testing and showing the issues. But Fenice is the MAN! He solved it.

Fenice57... Can I just say THANK YOU! Everyone that uses my 1.4 ROM. Please also give a hand to Fenie57!

OK so what’s in this ROM 1.4
    It's the same as 1.3 with a couple more tweaks on my part based on user feedback and a couple of other slim downs in code I have done to init.rc, updated lib modules, etc.

1) WiFi scan interval is changed from 15 seconds to 300. This may help some guys with battery issues. Myself, I do not have this problem but due to many asking for it, I put it in. If you want to change it back:
    Use a file manager and copy out from /system the file build.prop file. Copy it on your SDCard. Then copy to PC or whatever. Edit the file and find this line:
    wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=300
    Just edit the 300 back to 15 and your back to stock.

2) ext4 file system.. Well I explained the work that went into this above but just to add. I have done extensive benchmarking with many tools. This does not add a huge performance increase to the overall use of the tablet. EXCEPT, and this is actually kind of benefit, Sequential Write of files to memory. Large file writes are over double what they were on ext3. Random Read and Random Write are about the same. So where you should see an increase is downloads to Tablet memory, market download and install speed, some apps that write to memory a lot, etc etc etc. Overall however, the tablet seems much faster to me but remember, I am the cooker so I am biased

3) Because of popular use of Hauwei 3G sticks in Europe and Asia, I added this Fenice57 mods for support of this. I cannot and have no way to test this patch. So hopefully I implemented this properly. You guys I am sure will let me know
    3g USB-modem Hauwei models E1550 E1692 E1750 E1820 *

Ok well that’s it. I was working on a dual boot setup but that will have to wait for 1.5

Here is the download link for 1.4

ROM -> GoClever R93 version 1.4 by Finless (130 megs)

IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH ANDROID MARKET

Market issues. Market issue "may" still exist. This is common on tablets that are not really supported by Google as a registered device. Most users have no issues but sometimes there can be, The 2 issues that seem to arise when your FIRST TIME try to use the Market are:

A) Cannot logon; "Cannot establish a reliable data connection" I have tried to recreate this and troubleshoot this. My belief if in fact this happens sometimes when Google servers are doing something or something is going on with them. When I had this happen once I simply waited a while and it worked later. So I cannot help too much here. My only suggestion to try is this
    a) Install a root file manager like root explorer or ES file manager (enable root access for them)
    b) Go in with the file manager and delete /data/misc/imei/imei or data.dat which ever one exists

B) Limited apps listed; I have reproduced this and know how to recreate it and fix it! This has to do (I beleive) that after a factory reset or a flash the tablet creates a ID based on some other IDs and a random key generator. Sometimes this ID Google does not like. So we have to clear that and reboot. YOU DO NOT EVER NEED TO REFLASH OR DO A FACOTRY RESET TO FIX THIS!!!!
    DO the following
    a) Again using a file manager that has root access go in and delete the follow folders from the /data/data directory.
    com.android.vending (not com.applib.vending!)
    com.android.vending.updater
    com.google.android.gm
    com.google.android.gsf
    b) Reboot and do nothing else but run the Market. YOu should get a prompt asking you to accept the Google terms of service. If you did not you did something wrong. Do it again. If you do get the prompt, accept and now the Market should work fully with TONS of apps showing up.

OK so thats it.... I hope you enjoy my new ROM. Please feel free
    Again, this ROM was a combined effort from a few people and I could not have done it without them!

Oh and also....special thanks to Freaktab user Daman for an awesome boot screen and a LOW COST boot animation that will show people if the Tab is bricked or actually booting! When I say a low cost boot animation I tested it. With out it the boot time was only 4 seconds longer! But the beauty is unlike complex boot animations out there, this one gives the user feedback showing something is happening rather than wondering if it is a brick! GOOD JOB Daman and thank you!
    If you the user wants to remove it, since you are rooted , just go into /system/media and delete the file bootanimation.zip. But I think you may find you like it so I personally enjoy it and will keep it

Tutorial for installing drivers for flashing-http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-for-flashing!

Enjoy!
    Bob
    Last edited by Finless; 06-03-2014, 15:21.
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Link:
    "File does not exist please contact the systems administrator"
    ???

Comment

Ooops sorry... Link fixed!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        Ooops sorry... Link fixed!

Bob
        Now link is ok but I can't extract zip - downloaded 2 times.

Comment

Really? I will check if the zip got corrupted on upload and upload it again.

Hang tight.

Bob

Comment

Really? I will check if the zip got corrupted on upload and upload it again.

Hang tight.

Bob
            Ok

Comment

Yes, the zip was bad. Sorry about that. Sometimes that happens with FTP.
              I am uploading a new one now.

Bob

Comment

Ok waiting

Comment

It should work now. Let me know.

Bob

Comment

Downloaded, flashed now testing - amazing fast first boot

Comment

After 24h almost everything work ok, very fast boots and faster restore in TitaniumBackup
                      Sometimes I have very strange things with rw system, example:
                      file /etc/hosts - can't edit - file read only so I try change permission to 777 but no permission to change so I try delete and it work after that created new file and now I can change all permissions without problems, another example: script sysinit.rc copy from SDcard to /system changed permission 777 when try execute get message no file when try ls file exist so I delete this file and create new directly in /system and now can execute, on previous version I hadn't that problems maybe something is wrong with ext4 modules added to boot.img, ROM installed 2 times to confirm this.
                      My tweaks started from /etc/init.d work ok, we no need to install busybox from market only one command is required:
                      ln -s /system/bin/busybox /system/xbin/run-parts
                      and of course permission 777

Comment

I did not change any file or folder permission settings from 1.3 to 1.4. Only change was ext4.
                        However what file explorer are you using? I notice sometimes root explorer fails to copy files and overwrite them in /system. This was the same problem with 1.3 and ext3. It has some kind of bug there. Even on ext3 I had to delete the file first before replacing it. Again same was true in ext3 maybe you just did not see it as it does not always do that. It's again some kind of bug I have not figured out.

Bob

Comment

I use: EsFile Explorer and Total Commander, maybe like you say:
                          "maybe you just did not see it as it does not always do that"
                          How can I now make full system dump (system.img) ?

Comment

System img is just a ext4 file system. You can simply mount it in linux.

mkdir system
                            sudo mount -o loop system.img system

Bob

Comment

System img is just a ext4 file system. You can simply mount it in linux.

mkdir system
                              sudo mount -o loop system.img system

Bob
                              I don't want extract system.img, I want dump /system from tablet to computer.

Comment

Working...
                              X