Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to unpack/repack kernel.img? GoClever R974.2 RK3066

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    How to unpack/repack kernel.img? GoClever R974.2 RK3066

    Hi, i've GoClever Tab R974.2 Rk3066 and i need help to unpack kernel.img or kernel from recovery.img. My tablet has Boot.img without ramdisk, kernel.img and recovery.img with kernel and ramdisk. I've already extract boot.img and recovery,img but i can't unpack kernel.img. I read in other android forum the kernel.img is a binary file and it's very hard to unpack this. So ... if i already unpack recovery.img and have recovery.img-ramdisk.cpio.gz and recovery.img-kernel.gz i can only unpack ramdisk becasue it's gzip package but recovery.img-kernel.gz can't be extracted because this file isn't gzip package :|. I must unpack kernel.img or recovery.img-kernel.gz to modify touch screen drivers (invert X & Y axis), logo.rle and maybe add some governors with I/O scheduler etc.
    Last edited by Alucard1989pl; 11-19-2013, 04:45.

    #2
    http://code.google.com/p/yaffey/
    perhaps..

    or perhaps.. you find some usefulle info here..
    http://forum.androidgadget.co.uk/for...lay.php?fid=39

    Cheers..

    Comment


      #3
      @up thanks for your attention but there aren't helpful tools ... I don't want to edit system.img to create custom rom (i already done this), only unpack and repack kernel.img not builded in boot.img with ramdisk as other android devices. My tablet has weird kernel ;/ because boot.img hasn't kernel, recovery + ramdisk, kernel.img is android kernel but recovery.img has recovery,ramdisk + kernel. I hope you'll understand what i mean.

      Comment


        #4
        With the rk3066 kernels you either compile from sources or patch. There is no unpack as such. If you are lucky you may be able to change the embedded image. For touch screen drivers I think you will be out of luck.

        Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk
        900Supersport

        900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

        900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

        Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

        Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

        If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

        freaktab developer

        Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

        Comment


          #5
          @900supersport i saw in github sources of rk3066 kernel but i think the sources are for MK808 TV Stick or Cube tablets with rk3066. GoClever didn't make available rom and kernel sources to this day. So i'm a little bit worried when i compile new kernel using sources for mk808 or cube my tablet won't work as it ought.

          Comment


            #6

            http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?6997-RK3xxx-Firmware-Tools/page3

            Comment


              #7
              @up this tool doesn't work for me ... i can't extract any image file :|.
              -----------------
              My fault, this tool work . I hope i can extract boot, kernel and recovery images .
              -----------------
              Ok, i already unpack boot.img, recovery.img and system.img but i can't extract kernel.img :|. I only change initlogo.rle from my kernel.img file .
              Last edited by Alucard1989pl; 11-20-2013, 08:52.

              Comment


                #8
                Trying to do the same thing here. All the tools I have tried do not create a kernel.img, just a boot.img

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Alucard1989pl View Post
                  @up this tool doesn't work for me ... i can't extract any image file :|.
                  -----------------
                  My fault, this tool work . I hope i can extract boot, kernel and recovery images .
                  -----------------
                  Ok, i already unpack boot.img, recovery.img and system.img but i can't extract kernel.img :|. I only change initlogo.rle from my kernel.img file .
                  Try to use RKwinTools_v133. Info and download link on http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=459926 I have not any problems with unpack/repack different *.img for RKxx ROMs.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Can anyone help me with the download?

                    I read this thread but I cant download the programs, it says that the files has been removed?
                    If anyone has these downloaded, it would be a great thing to share them to me or post a link here.
                    Hopefully someone has them :-)

                    Originally posted by KVlady View Post
                    Try to use RKwinTools_v133. Info and download link on http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=459926 I have not any problems with unpack/repack different *.img for RKxx ROMs.
                    CR11S AP6210 Chipset
                    CS968 MTK Chipset MT5981 - MT6622
                    HTC-T018-V04

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by pejochto View Post
                      I read this thread but I cant download the programs, it says that the files has been removed?
                      If anyone has these downloaded, it would be a great thing to share them to me or post a link here.
                      Hopefully someone has them :-)
                      http://file.sampo.ru/k6ff2t/
                      ZIP file include simple and pro versions RKwinTools and pdf-file with user manual for PRO version of tools.
                      All docs manuals - russian language. User interface - english.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Thank you !
                        I would test this out later on this evening !
                        You are the best !

                        Originally posted by KVlady View Post
                        http://file.sampo.ru/k6ff2t/
                        ZIP file include simple and pro versions RKwinTools and pdf-file with user manual for PRO version of tools.
                        All docs manuals - russian language. User interface - english.
                        CR11S AP6210 Chipset
                        CS968 MTK Chipset MT5981 - MT6622
                        HTC-T018-V04

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by KVlady View Post
                          http://file.sampo.ru/k6ff2t/
                          ZIP file include simple and pro versions RKwinTools and pdf-file with user manual for PRO version of tools.
                          All docs manuals - russian language. User interface - english.
                          Some one can explain me how to extract a kernel? I just get a:

                          Kernel.img not found!

                          By the PRO version I even can not do more that create a new project, after try to open (option 2) it send me again to main menu. I see manual in russian languange only...



                          Any help?
                          Android TV Box direct from China. English & EspaƱol

                          Comment


                            #14
                            how to extract a kernel?

                            Originally posted by Javimetal View Post
                            Some one can explain me how to extract a kernel?



                            Any help?
                            Actions for RKwinTools_v133:

                            1. Run Runme.bat
                            2. Enter command: 30
                            After this command you have 2 new dir`s Pack and Unpack
                            3. Copy to dir Unpack your Full ROM image (type RKFW) and rename it in update_in.img
                            4. Back to window RKwinTools and enter command: 1
                            5. In subdir Unpack/Firmware/Image/ you can find all standard images of your ROM including kernel.img
                            6. If you need, now you can extract content for all standard images using commands 2,3,4,6

                            That's all about extracting kernel.img

                            Comment


                              #15
                              0ojl

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X