iFive Mini 3 Retina RileyROM 1.1 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This ROM is based on official iFive KitKat firmware dated 3/25/2014.

Thanks to Geekbuying.com for providing me this great tablet. It's very responsive and everything just works.

One improvement that could be made in future firmware is to brighten the screen some more. I have the brightness turned up all the way, and it's still not very bright.

As with v1.0, this ROM is:

Rooted
    Debloated
    Init.d support added
    Busybox commands added
    Google Play Store fixes added
    English as default language
    4gb user app space
    TWRP Recovery installed after first boot
    Autoinstall feature added to install apps from external SD that are in the autoinstall folder
    Reboot App by Petrus
    New boot animation

Download

Remember to donate at the link on my signature.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Installed and running perfectly

Comment

Is this the new ROM?

Comment

It is if you have the Retina version...otherwise you need to flash the iFive3 AND Mini3 ROM.

Sent from my M6Pro using Tapatalk
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
          It is if you have the Retina version...otherwise you need to flash the iFive3 AND Mini3 ROM.

Yes I have the Retina version! What are differences?

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

The other ROM is for the lower resolution display.

Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

The other ROM is for the lower resolution display.

I'm talking to the previous version. What are differences?

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Its just based on a firmware update from iFive.

Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Its just based on a firmware update from iFive.

Could you please integrate Google GEL on next release? It would be nice to have the stock launcher otherwise the current one. I tried to install it manually but it won't work.

PS: Google Music doesn't work on your ROM. I can't login with my account.
                  Last edited by iRob; 05-03-2014, 01:08.

Comment

I can check into that...but iFive includes their own launcher.

Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

TWRP update?

The generic TWRP images have been updated (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post175309) for the screen refresh bug. Would be very nice to have an update for your Mini3 Retina specific. Also can you make your TWRP with retina resolution, is it difficult? Many thanks.

Comment

I'm currently doing some testing with TWRP, today on several different tablets.

Let me see if the TWRP I have will work on my iFive. I don't know of one with 2048x1536 resolution ATM.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

Thanks, looking forward to further news. About screen resolution, I thought it is specified when compiling from source...

Comment

The challenge here is that the iFive tablet defaults to portrait mode. I have flipped my boot screens to make them landscape on boot, but it's really portrait.

So, abdul_pt is working on a fix for that. With an actual resolution of 1536x2048...this will be a challenge for him.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

The challenge here is that the iFive tablet defaults to portrait mode. I have flipped my boot screens to make them landscape on boot, but it's really portrait.
                              Ah, now it explains why abdul_pt's generic 1920x1280 is truncated.

So, abdul_pt is working on a fix for that. With an actual resolution of 1536x2048...this will be a challenge for him
                              Is he? that would be great.

Comment

Working...
                              X