Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netflix playback on tablet not working anymore with Android Lollipop on RK3288 device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netflix playback on tablet not working anymore with Android Lollipop on RK3288 device

After updating my I five Air with Lollipop 5.1.1, I cannot play any Netflix content on the tablet. The Netflix menus work fine and playback over Chromecast also works.

But the tablet won't play Netflix content, I only see Loading... with the red circle loading animation.

It worked fine with Android 4.4.4..

The early Lollipop SDK must not contain the required DRM files. We ran into the same problem when KitKat was first released.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Any solution for Netflix not working on RK3288 Lollipop yet?

Comment

I got Netflix working correctly on the iFive Air. I've made my own ROM based on the stock 2.0.6, but it has removed all the Gapps, and added correct libraries for Widevine L3 (although not needed for Netflix) as well as the codec setup to let Netflix work. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=111 . All you have to do is add in a GApps package as well as root, and you basically have a Nexus-like experience.

Comment

Working...
        X