FAQ for Kindle tablets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FAQ for Kindle tablets

Starting a place to put answers to those basic questions about the Kindle tablets from Amazon.

So far I only have access to a Kindle Fire HD, so we'll start with that.

Does Kindle Fire have access to Google Play Store?
    No, not directly, (but there are ways to get the apps.) Google Play Store lists the devices that are 'compatible' with the Store and none of the Kindle's are on the list. This is unfortunate, but the Kindle is an Android device underneath the Amazon UI, so why not? As it turns out, folks have found ways to get the Play Store apps to the Kindle. Probably the easiest is to load the desired app to a compatible device first, such as a smart phone, then using ES File Explorer, back it up, copy to your PC or the Amazon Cloud, and then download to the Kindle, then use ES File Explorer to install it.

Does the Kindle Fire browser have Flash?
    The "Silk" browser does not do Flash, but the Dolphin browser with the Adobe Flash plug in does! Get them from a device that has them using the method described above.

Why is the Kindle Fire so finicky about charging?
    I've read a lot of reports about people saying that their Kindle Fire does not charge consistently. From sources I've read, the preferred charger is Amazon's "PowerFast" 1.8 amp charger, or actually any charger that can deliver at least 1.8 amps. My experience so far is that the Kindle will charge when in sleep mode or when shut down, even with a lower amp charger, such as a 1 amp charger. I estimate a full charge to take 8 to 10 hours like this. When the Kindle is awake, but not doing anything, sometimes the 1 amp charger charges, it seems especially if the battery level is below 70% or so. When the battery is in the 90%'s it seems not to charge when awake with a 1 amp charger. I don't have hard data yet, just some observations. When the Kindle is busy, such as streaming a video, the 1 amp charger seems not enough to keep the battery level from depleting. I guess it uses a lot of power!
    Last edited by Jeltz; 01-16-2013, 20:51.

any one have review kindle fire HDX
    i wan to buy from amazon.com

Comment

Originally posted by headhead View Post
      any one have review kindle fire HDX
      i wan to buy from amazon.com

Amazon is best source for critical & positive "reviews" for Kindles! There are detailed specs and thousands of buyer feedback, hundreds of buyer questions & answers, YouTube is another great source of information. Two easy work arounds I'll share here:

The lack of an SD memory slot is no longer a game changer for any device. Logitech has at least two excellent wifi flash drive readers. insert ANY flash card in them and your device connects & gives you access. The more expensive model also has a USB port for USB hard drives & Flash Sticks. Google Play Store accessis no issue either. Just use Silk brower to navigate to 1mobile app site, download & install 1mobile app, 1mobile has Google Apps & more and 1mobile is safe. You just have to set security to allow outside sources (found in "settings"}

First, get ES (File explorer) from the Amazon App Store. Launch it to go to downloads, find your (1mobile) app packages (apk) click for ES to open & install. Turn the tablet off and back on, then launch the new app.

Easy way to get YouTube app is download Opera browser. Click on the dots at the left top of tje browser for "speed dial" and click "YouTube" or one of the other apps in "speed dial"
      Last edited by Bruisedquasar012; 12-18-2014, 14:30. Reason: Typo Corrections

Comment

Working...
      X