Successful root and Market install on the EGP007 in Windows or Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Successful root and Market install on the EGP007 in Windows or Linux

Hi all! I was able to successfully root and install the Market on my EGP007, so I figured I'd share the love! This tablet seemed to fight me at every turn, but this is what finally worked for me. These directions have been pasted together from many different posts and sites.

1. Get the ADB to recognize the tablet

In Windows

1.Plug in device and turn on USB debugging
    2.In device manager, update driver to /users/USER_NAME/AppData/Local/Android/android-sdk/extras/google/usb_driver/
    3.Under Hardware tab, write down the Hardware IDS (ie. VID_XXXX&PID_XXXX&MI_01 & \VID_XXXX&PID_XXXX&REV_XXXX&MI_01)
    4.In Explorer, navigate to /users/USER_NAME/AppData/Local/Android/android-sdk/extras/google/usb_driver/ and open the android_winusb.inf file
    5.Add (Replace the X's with your device's numbers) under both [Google.NTx86] & [Google.NTamd64] then save and close->

;DEVICE_NAME
    %SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_XXXX&PID_XXXX&MI_01
    %CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_XXXX&PID_XXXX&REV_XXXX&MI_01

6.Go to /Users/USER_NAME/.android/ and open the adb_usb.ini file. You have to edit this file, even though it says not to!
    7.Add your device IDs to the bottom of the file (Replace the X's with your device's numbers) then save and close->

0xXXX&PID_XXXX&MI_01
    0xXXX&PID_XXXX&REV_XXXX&MI_01

8.Reboot your computer
    9.Navigate to /users/USER_NAME/AppData/Local/Android/android-sdk/platform-tools/
    10.<SHIFT> & right-click in the window and select to open a command window/terminal here
    11. In the terminal, type in adb devices. You should now see your device listed!

In Linux

1.Plug in device and turn on USB debugging
    2.Open a terminal and type "lsusb" (without quotes). Note your device IDs (mine was Bus 002 Device 002: ID 18d1:0003 Google Inc.
    3.In Nautilus, hit <CTRL> + H to view hidden files. Go to /Home/.android and open adb_usb.ini. Add your device's ID to the bottom of the file (ie 0x18d1)
    4.In terminal type "sudo apt-get install nautilus-open-terminal" and allow to install.
    5.In terminal, type "sudo gedit /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules" and add the following lines, changing the ATTR{idVendor} attribute to your device ID, then save and close->

# adb protocol on YOUR_DEVICE_NAME
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", MODE="0666", OWNER="YOUR_USER_NAME"

6.Reboot your computer
    7.Go to /Home/adt-bundle-linux......(or other install folder)/sdk/platform tools. Right click in window and select Open in Terminal.
    8.Type "./adb devices" and your device should be listed!

2. Root it

I was able to root this in 2 different ways. The first was using Kingo Root in Windows, which is available free here: http://www.kingoapp.com/android-root.htm‎. Just install it and follow the directions.

If you have Linux or would rather use the ADB shell:

Go to http://androidsu.com/superuser/ and download both the Superuser-X.X.X-arm-signed.apk and the su-bin-X.X.X-arm-signed.zip. Place both files in your ADB folder. Extract the su zip file here. You now need to move the su file from the /system/bin folder you just extracted into the root ADB folder. Open a terminal and type (Remember if you are using Linux, you have to put ./ in front of each command!):

adb remount
    adb push su /system/bin
    adb push su /system/xbin
    adb shell chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
    adb shell chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su
    adb install Superuser-X.X.X-arm-signed.apk

Reboot the tablet. You are now rooted!

I got this method here: http://www.equisoforum.com/Thread-AD...ro-Root-method. Many thanks to blkcamarorz28 for figuring this out!

3. Install the Market

This part took a while to figure out the best method to make it stable.

I got the Market install files here: http://nwteche.com/red7_blog/install...android-2-3-3/. Extract the zip to your desktop.

OneTimeInit and GoogleServicesFramework should be preinstalled on the tablet, check to make sure.

In Windows

Download and install Android Commander. It can be found free here: http://androidcommander.com/.

Android Commander should automatically find your device. Your computer's files are listed on the left and your tablet's on the right. On the tablet side, click Applications Manager. Click install and direct it to the Market install files. Check vending and click install (if OneTimeInit and GoogleServicesFramework were not preinstalled on your tablet, do these first, one at a time!). It will now ask how you want to install, as a user app, system app, etc. Select to install as a system app.
    In Linux or if you want to use ADB

Extract the Market Install zip in your ADB folder. Open a terminal and type:

adb push 4.com.android.vending-3.3.12.apk /system/app

Again, if OneTimeInit and GoogleServicesFramework were not preinstalled on your tablet, you have to install them first!

The Market is now installed on your tablet!

I found that, at this point, the Market was still a bit unstable, so I did a factory restore. The tablet stayed rooted and since I installed the Market as a system app, Android automatically reinstalled it! Once that was done, I just reinstalled Superuser from the Market and everything is stable and running great!
    Last edited by my2bads; 02-04-2014, 20:37.

Moved to Ematic forum. Could an admin please delete this thread? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
    X