Ceros Q9 RileyROM 1.1 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ceros Q9 RileyROM 1.1 KitKat

CAUTION: This IS a KitKat ROM...so do your homework on flashing KitKat ROM's before you get started...if you are upgrading from a Jellybean ROM. If you think KitKat isn't for you, visit the main Pipo Forum for instructions.

This is a KitKat ROM based on official firmware released by Ceros for the "Revolution" tablet. The firmware date is 4/28/14

This ROM has all of the usual RileyROM features:

Rooted
    Debloated
    Init.d support with Busybox commands
    English Default
    Google Play Store fixes
    Updated Google Apps
    2, 4, 6, 8 or 12gb user app space by selecting the desired parameter file
    Auto Install feature added for installing apk files on first boot from external SD
    TWRP recovery installed on first boot by Abdul_Pt
    Reboot app by Petrus
    New boot animation by me
    Latest revision of the First Time User's Guide
    Flash Tool by Finless
    All made with a variation of 900SuperSport's Freaktab Kitchen

Download

Please consider a donation to support future RileyROM development here on Freaktab.com
    Donate here

Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Hi rrileypm,
    I have installed this new rom.
    So far it seems to be ok not overheating, battery is about the same as the stock, bluetooth fine, WiFI working, HDMI working, 3G with USB Dongle working.
    Doesn't seem to be Lagging at all.
    AN TU TU X Score = 19602 not bad.
    The only thing is I find the Boot Logo which I like a lot is just a bit to long 25sec to load the home page.
    Other than that fantastic job Thank you
    Regards whit jade

Comment

That's how long the tablet takes to boot. The length of the video isn't the cause of boot time.
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Hi,
        Ok, it just seemed longer that was all.
        I am extremely happy with the way it is running.
        Just finished skypeing one of my sons, it preformed flawlessly.
        Thank you again
        Regards white jade

Comment

Is adding webcam support possible ?

Hi Riley,

Thanks for building this ROM. I had an old Jelly Bean rom, apparently the one that was kind of laggy. Since installing the Riley Kit Kat Rom, I was blown away by how much quicker everything is. My old Ipad used to be faster, but not any longer. Most applications (especially web browsing) seem more stable as well as faster.

My AnTuTu score is now 22978, with only 3D rendering holding it back from being higher.

In testing, the only drawbacks are the cursor not blinking (which I am starting to like as a feature) and my camera program initially locking up when I switch to the rear camera (which I clear by taking a picture to add to my pictures of a dirty foot collection).

The reason I primarily became interested in updating the ROM, was to use a microscope and telescope USB webcams with the Ceros Revolution. I assumed that there would be some generic class of driver that could be used, but I am now finding out more about how Android implements Linux, and the tendency to strip out components.

The two components mentioned as required in a test program (Dashcam) for Android are Video 4 Linux and UVC. When I test with my devices on the new build, it comes back with the message that the UVC is missing. I am 100 % certain one of the cameras is rated as UVC compliant (which is still no guarantee that it will chirp with a program).

Is this something that could be easily added to the ROM? Does adding this component cause major problems in the OS that you are aware of?

The developer also mentions having the following configured in the ROM.

CONFIG_VIDEO_DEV=y
          CONFIG_VIDEO_V4L2_COMMON=y
          CONFIG_VIDEO_MEDIA=y
          CONFIG_USB_VIDEO_CLASS=y
          CONFIG_V4L_USB_DRIVERS=y
          CONFIG_USB_VIDEO_CLASS_INPUT_EVDEV=y

I started to look at what is involved building a ROM, and since I am running 32 bit Windows 8.1, I may be short on more than just knowledge (I gave up my Linux box a decade ago, along with multi booting). Is this something you would be interested in building?

Regards,
          Mike

[/QUOTE]

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
          CAUTION: This IS a KitKat ROM...so do your homework on flashing KitKat ROM's before you get started...if you are upgrading from a Jellybean ROM. If you think KitKat isn't for you, visit the main Pipo Forum for instructions.

This is a KitKat ROM based on official firmware released by Ceros for the "Revolution" tablet. The firmware date is 4/28/14

This ROM has all of the usual RileyROM features:

Rooted
          Debloated
          Init.d support with Busybox commands
          English Default
          Google Play Store fixes
          Updated Google Apps
          2, 4, 6, 8 or 12gb user app space by selecting the desired parameter file
          Auto Install feature added for installing apk files on first boot from external SD
          TWRP recovery installed on first boot by Abdul_Pt
          Reboot app by Petrus
          New boot animation by me
          Latest revision of the First Time User's Guide
          Flash Tool by Finless
          All made with a variation of 900SuperSport's Freaktab Kitchen

Download

Please consider a donation to support future RileyROM development here on Freaktab.com
          Donate here

Comment

I can try to add this to the ROM, but you will need to provide me more information.

I need a link to the driver files, and instructions on exactly where to put these lines.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

Not sure which drivers

Hi Riley,

I am not sure which drivers would be the ones to include, other than the generic names (not the specific number, other than Video 4 Linux 2, though there is probably a number of variations on this).

After reading some more posts on this, it sounds like adding the drivers may not be straight forward.

I think I will count my blessings that the new ROM works well and get a small Windows tablet for my other application.

Thanks for looking

Mike

Comment

Uhm, can someone please help me? I tried to flash this on my tablet, following the instructions in the First-time guide. Everything was going well until I flashed the ROM. Now the tablet won't boot. What happens is, the screen lights up for a few seconds, flickers once, then lights up for a few more seconds and shuts down. The flashing tool doesn't recognize the device. I don't know what went wrong, but I noticed that Windows installed the drivers by itself on the Click To Reboot To Flash Mode part. Can someone offer any assistance? I hope I haven't damaged it to the point of being unsalvageable...

Comment

sightmark,

You might have the same problem I had. It is possible your device is too new to use any of the roms provided here. I recently bought a Revolution since they are going out of stock and you can get them cheap. I first tried the rom at arctablet which resulted in the problems you described. I also tried the above rom. However, installing the newest stock rom finally fixed the problem (since I didn't backup like the idiot I am I made the process more difficult than necessary.)

Here are the steps
                  1. I often had trouble getting it into flash mode as well, but I kept trying and it would get back to into. Try either pushing both the back and power buttons for several seconds or the reset mini button. Then reconnect by holding back and inserting the usb.

2. On my box I have a sticker that states "CVNZ-9470-White-2GEN". Noticing the 2GEN was the clue that solved the problem for me. If you still have the box see it says 2GEN. If so proceed to step 3.

3. If you go to https://download.chinavasion.com/Others and scroll all the way to the bottom you will find:

- CVNZ-9470-Black-2GEN_444.part1.exe
                  - CVNZ-9470-Black-2GEN_444.part2.rar
                  - CVNZ-9470-Black-2GEN_444.part3.rar

Download all three. Note that there are only entries for "Black", but these worked on my white tablet. It doesn't matter if you're black or white so to speak.

4. Once all are downloaded click on the .exe file which will give you the image and RKBatchTool. Use the batch tool to flash.

A few extra notes. The bootloader is 2.19 and it is Android 4.4.4.

I hope this information reaches you soon enough to be helpful.

Comment

Hye rrileypm,

I want to ask you if it's possible to create the Ceros Q9 RileyROM 1.2 KitKat 4.4.4 with the last official ROM CVNZ-9470-White-2GEN for our Ceros Revolution ? Thank's a lots for your answer.

Comment

Hi,

Is there any chance I can find the Ceros Q9 Rom somewhere on the web ?
                      I have bricked my old mom tablet trying to update it...

I would be so glad if someone could share a link, after all these years...

Best regards.

Comment

Working...
                      X