No announcement yet.

Hisense Sero 8 RileyROM 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know of any developers doing custom ROMs for the Intel or A80s. My comfort zone is still Rockchip, but I've recently gotten into MTK ROMs. Both platforms are good. I recommend the RK3288 devices right now.

Sent from my P1
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

I really feel like a genuine fool. I thought I had read everything closely, but apparently my eyes glossed over the warning in your post about the loader warning. Is there really nothing to be done at this point? I am now stuck in a bootloop (for obvious reasons) and am desperate for a fix. Any ideas?

Comment

I'm not familiar with the external keys on this tablet. Is there a reset button on the back?

Try to connect to your PC and see if you can reboot to flash mode. Reflash the ROM with the correct settings and see if you can boot.

Sent from my P1
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
          I'm not familiar with the external keys on this tablet. Is there a reset button on the back?

Try to connect to your PC and see if you can reboot to flash mode. Reflash the ROM with the correct settings and see if you can boot.

Sent from my P1
          There is no reset button for the Sero 8, so that's not an option. I've already done as you said, reconnected the tablet to the computer, erased NAND and reflashed with the loader option deselected. Still having bootloop.

My understanding is you made this with a ROM dump from a factory version? Wouldn't it include a factory version of the loader that may alleviate this issue?

Comment

We need to come up with the correct loader for you to flash. But I don't know of a tool that can extract it. Let me consult my colleagues and see what we can do.

I may be asking one of you other users to try to extract the loader. This may take a little while.

Sent from my P1
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

We need to come up with the correct loader for you to flash. But I don't know of a tool that can extract it. Let me consult my colleagues and see what we can do.

I may be asking one of you other users to try to extract the loader. This may take a little while.
              A Google search turned up a thread in another forum where someone has posted a number of Loader.bins for various Rockchip tablets:

Perhaps one of those loaders will work. Or it might be worth asking the guy where/how he got those loaders. Maybe he knows of a tool to extract one from a working tablet.

Comment

SER0 8 bootloop --my cure

Originally posted by kostabadger View Post
                I really feel like a genuine fool. I thought I had read everything closely, but apparently my eyes glossed over the warning in your post about the loader warning. Is there really nothing to be done at this point? I am now stuck in a bootloop (for obvious reasons) and am desperate for a fix. Any ideas?
                Hi, I'm new to rooting and of course this SERO 8 is difficult to do--but after finally getting the drivers loaded, I flashed the RileyRom 1.2 and it caused the boot loop. I had NOT unchecked off the first item on the list "LOADER' like the instructions had warned me about--so this was the source of my problem. I finally decided to try the RileyRom 1.0, but making sure that that the LOADER was still checked, or else the 1.2 loader would stay in my ROM. This did the trick. Apparently, the LOADER in the RileyRom 1.0 was the correct one for my tablet. Hope this helps.

Comment

That's a good find. I will post a new update with the correct loader.bin.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

OK, I've finally been able to investigate further.

It appears the same loader is included in v1.0, v1.1 and v1.2, so the difference isn't the loader.

I need someone to try the misc.img file from the v1.0 ROM in the v1.2 ROM and see if it boots.
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

OK, I've finally been able to investigate further.

It appears the same loader is included in v1.0, v1.1 and v1.2, so the difference isn't the loader.

I need someone to try the misc.img file from the v1.0 ROM in the v1.2 ROM and see if it boots.
                      Hi there I tried replacing that file and still a no go with getting ver 1.2 or 1.1 to boot but 1.0 will work all day long but it's a bit laggy not to sure what's up with that and just wanted to say thank you for working on the rom's n stuff for this tablet and sure would enjoy a fix for 1.2 I just got this tablet for my son's Bday coming up here soon

Comment

OK, here's another test to try.

Open the v1.3 RileyROM and the v1.0 RileyROM in your file explorer in Windows.

Save the zip files of each as a backup copy.

Replace the v1.0 system.img, boot.img and kernel.img files with the same files from v1.3 and flash the ROM.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

Is there anyway to stop the newest update so I don't hit it by accident and loose root?

Comment

You can edit the build.prop.

Look for a line that looks something like this...with a different address:

ro.product.ota.host=www.jinson.com.cn:2300

Just put a # at the beginning of that line and save/reboot.

Now it won't be able to locate the updates.

Sent from my P9
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

What are the chances we will see a custom ROM such as cm or even a overclockable custom kernel?

Comment

OK, here's another test to try.

Open the v1.3 RileyROM and the v1.0 RileyROM in your file explorer in Windows.

Save the zip files of each as a backup copy.

Replace the v1.0 system.img, boot.img and kernel.img files with the same files from v1.3 and flash the ROM.
                                Has anyone gotten this method to boot?

I'm trying to figure out the cause of the problem...maybe this will help.

I wish I had a link to an official firmware release for this tablet.
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X