No announcement yet.

Hisense Sero 8 RileyROM 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just received and installed an new update this morning. I saw no info on what it was supposed to fix/update. However, now the YouTube app is now working. Before this update whenever I tried to watch a YouTube video i got an error "Unable to connect to server"

My build number: E2281E0915B1V20

Comment

Great. If you can provide me a dump of that new version...I'll make a new ROM.
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Hisense Sero 8 Rom Dump E2281E0915B1V20

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
        Great. If you can provide me a dump of that new version...I'll make a new ROM.
        This URL --->https://drive.google.com/folderview?...UE&usp=sharing is a link to the rom dump I made yesterday and tested to make sure it was bootable and worked.
        "I am a fan of android and other tech stuff like windows and linux on the desktop! I will contribute what I can to the FreakTab community, but only, what I'm willing to" -AndroidFanatic

Comment

Thanks for the link!!!!!

I will get to work on a new ROM.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Thanks for the link!!!!!

I will get to work on a new ROM.
            Hope it goes well.
            "I am a fan of android and other tech stuff like windows and linux on the desktop! I will contribute what I can to the FreakTab community, but only, what I'm willing to" -AndroidFanatic

Comment

unable to install driver

Device mgr says "best driver already installed." I can see the tablet in windows explorer.

Flash tool says: no found

BK Batch tool shows no connected devices.

Am I screwed on this computer? Win7 Ultimate 32

Thanks.
              Last edited by xrko; 09-30-2014, 03:22.

Comment

1.) Did you install the rockchip device drivers.
                2.) Use the flash tool that came with RileyRom
                3.) Booted your tablet in flash mode (Power+Volume Up and flashing IDB before it finishes booting recovery).

If none of the above troubleshooters helped you please post back what still isn't working and hopefully someone here will try to help you further! Good luck and hope I helped!

Comment

Originally posted by AndroidFanatic View Post
                  1.) Did you install the rockchip device drivers.
                  2.) Use the flash tool that came with RileyRom
                  3.) Booted your tablet in flash mode (Power+Volume Up and flashing IDB before it finishes booting recovery).

If none of the above troubleshooters helped you please post back what still isn't working and hopefully someone here will try to help you further! Good luck and hope I helped!
                  I am trying to install the drivers and I used the flash tool and the BK batch tool-as in the original post. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by xrko View Post
                    I am trying to install the drivers and I used the flash tool and the BK batch tool-as in the original post. Thanks.
                    Your welcome!

Comment

I have a silly question.

I'm trying to figure out the parameter file for this tablet. Something doesn't jive.

Running the stock ROM, how much userdata space is available to install apps?

I know there is 16gb total NAND.

The stock parameter shows zero app space. Does that mean that all apps are stored in the internal SD?
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

I have a silly question.

I'm trying to figure out the parameter file for this tablet. Something doesn't jive.

Running the stock ROM, how much userdata space is available to install apps?

I know there is 16gb total NAND.

The stock parameter shows zero app space. Does that mean that all apps are stored in the internal SD?

When I tested the ROM dump I made, the parameter file was like the stock one and the storage page in settings shows there's space for apps. If there's a problem with it please comment below. Wish you luck!

Edit: In fact I'm still flashed with this ROM I dumped and it's been working like the stock one should. In other words the same as stock amount of space. Hope that answered your question (just try to make the ROM using the stock parameter file if possible, it really increases chances of working on peoples device when flashing it).

Comment

How much space is available for apps on the stock ROM? I need to know if I need to make different parameters for a variety of userdata partitions. If userdata is combined with the internal SD...I don't have to worry about it. I've already made the files...but they could brick the tablet if you flash one and the added space isn't necessary.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

v1.3 is now available in post #1 based on the firmware dump provided above by AndroidFanatic.

Thanks, buddy for sharing.

BTW, if you need those extra parameter files, I can add them later.

Also, if anyone wants to add multi-user capability, I've modified the framework.jar file. It is untested, so if you want to try it, PM me.

I hesitate to post it for everyone until it is tested. The reason is that in technical terms...the apk/jar files are odexed in this firmware. I had to deodex the framework.jar file in order to modify it. Therefore, since it isn't proven to work...I need someone to confirm that it does work on your tablet.

it involves replacing the framework.jar and framework.odex files in the system/framework folder with a modified framework.jar.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Your welcome for the help I was able to provide, I hope your 1.3 ROM is more successful at booting than the previous one.

Comment

v1.3 is now available in post #1 based on the firmware dump provided above by AndroidFanatic.

Thanks, buddy for sharing.

BTW, if you need those extra parameter files, I can add them later.

Also, if anyone wants to add multi-user capability, I've modified the framework.jar file. It is untested, so if you want to try it, PM me.

I hesitate to post it for everyone until it is tested. The reason is that in technical terms...the apk/jar files are odexed in this firmware. I had to deodex the framework.jar file in order to modify it. Therefore, since it isn't proven to work...I need someone to confirm that it does work on your tablet.

it involves replacing the framework.jar and framework.odex files in the system/framework folder with a modified framework.jar.
                                This version of RileyRom v1.3 boots and apps like 'Downloads' open and work. The build number matches the latest (as of right now) stock rom. And it's more stable like stock.

Comment

Working...
                                X