No announcement yet.

Hisense Sero 8 RileyROM 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone else is having trouble with the drivers like the user above then please just bypass my script and navigate to "Rockchip_Driver_Installer\DriverInstall.exe" from the RileyRom Version Folder not it's sub folder RileyRom! Run that as admin please! Then after your done with that refer to my script download post above and just open the script and select option 2 and you should be golden! Good Luck!
    "I am a fan of android and other tech stuff like windows and linux on the desktop! I will contribute what I can to the FreakTab community, but only, what I'm willing to" -AndroidFanatic

Comment

Hisense Sero 8 Reboot to Flashmode Helper v2 by [email protected]

I just made a more user friendly version of my helper script than I released previously. Hopefully this will alleviate the issues newcomers are having with the first version of the script. This one is more instructive and specific in what it tells you to do. Hopefully this is more helpful to alot of you then the previous script. Extract the zip @ https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5m...ew?usp=sharing to the folder it says (the X's are where the version of RileyRom is in it's folder name). Do it to that folder, NOT the subfolder named RileyRom all by itself. Then run "RileyRomInstallHelperScript.cmd" as a Standard User ONLY, NOT AS ADMINISTRATOR! If you don't follow my advice and you ran that script as admin anyway, it would fail to find the files it was going to launch. Hope that's a more helpful script, then previous instructions and script!
      "I am a fan of android and other tech stuff like windows and linux on the desktop! I will contribute what I can to the FreakTab community, but only, what I'm willing to" -AndroidFanatic

Comment

I have ran the rileyrom installation files so many times, and in so many variations, I have them memorized. For my sero8 and version, I have come to the conclusion that flashing and root is not going to happen. At least until something else comes along. I don't enjoy the tablet as is.

Comment

Originally posted by xrko View Post
          I have ran the rileyrom installation files so many times, and in so many variations, I have them memorized. For my sero8 and version, I have come to the conclusion that flashing and root is not going to happen. At least until something else comes along. I don't enjoy the tablet as is.
          What problem do you keep having with the RileyRom installation? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by AndroidFanatic View Post
            What problem do you keep having with the RileyRom installation? Just curious.
            The flash tool always says no found. I have drivers installed.

Comment

The flash tool always says no found. I have drivers installed.
              Are you using my new script or are you trying to do this manually?

Comment

Are you using my new script or are you trying to do this manually?
                All the above.

Comment

All the above.
                  Is adb detecting the device when you run my script and did you follow all the instructions in my script to a tee?

Comment

I just made a more user friendly version of my helper script than I released previously. Hopefully this will alleviate the issues newcomers are having with the first version of the script. This one is more instructive and specific in what it tells you to do. Hopefully this is more helpful to alot of you then the previous script. Extract the zip @ https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5m...ew?usp=sharing to the folder it says (the X's are where the version of RileyRom is in it's folder name). Do it to that folder, NOT the subfolder named RileyRom all by itself. Then run "RileyRomInstallHelperScript.cmd" as a Standard User ONLY, NOT AS ADMINISTRATOR! If you don't follow my advice and you ran that script as admin anyway, it would fail to find the files it was going to launch. Hope that's a more helpful script, then previous instructions and script!
                    Do you think this would be a good script to add to your ROM release folder -> rrileypm? Answer back if you are interested. Thanks in advance!

Comment

Good work!!!!

I will have to play around with it and see.

I've opened the file and looked at your code.

So, basically what this does is load the drivers and puts the tablet into flash mode? For many people who have done this before, what is the benefit? If the drivers are already loaded...all you have to do is click the "Switch" button. I'm not doubting you...I'm just curious.
                      Randy
                      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                        Good work!!!!

I will have to play around with it and see.

I've opened the file and looked at your code.

So, basically what this does is load the drivers and puts the tablet into flash mode? For many people who have done this before, what is the benefit? If the drivers are already loaded...all you have to do is click the "Switch" button. I'm not doubting you...I'm just curious.
                        Some people here had trouble getting the drivers to load on the tablet so I thought I would make it obvious to first time installers of any ROM on this tablet.

Comment

OK...gottcha!!!!!!

I will add it to the file and credit you in post #1.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                          Donate here

Comment

Some people here had trouble getting the drivers to load on the tablet so I thought I would make it obvious to first time installers of any ROM on this tablet.
                            The script tells users if they already installed driver to close the driver installer and press any key to advance my script.

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                              OK...gottcha!!!!!!

I will add it to the file and credit you in post #1.
                              Hope it works out and users would appreciate it. Thanks again!

Comment

See post #1 for v1.3.2. It includes AndroidFanatic's script and ADB.
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X