Hisense Sero 8 RileyROM 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndroidFanatic View Post
    That USB debugging part was so adb can reboot device in bootloader mode which will let you have the sero 8 detected if volume up and power aren't working for you!
    When I press vol+ and power it says on my computer that the Rockchip drivers are installed and ready to use. When I use your script it doesn't do anything when you say it should ask if it is ok to allow the computer to communicate with tablet.

When I try it without script and use the 137 flash tool it shows No found RKAndroid loader rock usb but when I turn off and do the vol+ and power it shows Found RKAndroid Loader Rock USB. But when I turn on the tablet it immediately goes back to No Found RKAndroid......

What am I doing wrong?

I am using a windows 7 computer on usb 2.0 port and driver update is disabled.

I also want to thank both of you rrileypm and AndroidFanatic for helping me. I have flashed custom ROMs on phones but this is my first tablet.

Comment

Originally posted by ichris26 View Post
      When I press vol+ and power it says on my computer that the Rockchip drivers are installed and ready to use. When I use your script it doesn't do anything when you say it should ask if it is ok to allow the computer to communicate with tablet.

When I try it without script and use the 137 flash tool it shows No found RKAndroid loader rock usb but when I turn off and do the vol+ and power it shows Found RKAndroid Loader Rock USB. But when I turn on the tablet it immediately goes back to No Found RKAndroid......

What am I doing wrong?

I am using a windows 7 computer on usb 2.0 port and driver update is disabled.

I also want to thank both of you rrileypm and AndroidFanatic for helping me. I have flashed custom ROMs on phones but this is my first tablet.
      If it's already detected than you can close my script and just run the flashtool! And make sure you are in that flashmode! Then the flashtool should find your device!
      Last edited by AndroidFanatic; 10-21-2014, 02:58.
      "I am a fan of android and other tech stuff like windows and linux on the desktop! I will contribute what I can to the FreakTab community, but only, what I'm willing to" -AndroidFanatic

Comment

If it's already detected than you can close my script and just run the flashtool! And make sure you are in that flashmode! Then the flashtool should find your device!
        This flashmode (rockchip special recovery mode) loads before the os or the recovery even have a chance to load! So if it says found rkandroid when plugged in than you should be able to flash any ROM or recovery that's compatible with this tablet! Remember: The screen will not display anything (it's normal for the screen to be off while in flashmode, it is suppose to be)!
        Last edited by AndroidFanatic; 10-21-2014, 02:56.
        "I am a fan of android and other tech stuff like windows and linux on the desktop! I will contribute what I can to the FreakTab community, but only, what I'm willing to" -AndroidFanatic

Comment

I just want to thank you rrileypm for your ROM and thanks to AndroidFanatic for your help.

I got root with TWRP and RileyROM.

Comment

Originally posted by ichris26 View Post
            I just want to thank you rrileypm for your ROM and thanks to AndroidFanatic for your help.

I got root with TWRP and RileyROM.
            That's great that you finally got it figured out! Would you like to backup RileyRom + Data and try my ROM next in TWRP Backup format?

Comment

That's great that you finally got it figured out! Would you like to backup RileyRom + Data and try my ROM next in TWRP Backup format?
              Yeah, sure I was thinking of checking it out anyhow.

Comment

android firmwiremod v2.0 [Updated] for Hisense Sero 8 finally out!

This ROM now has init.d, busybox, root acess powered by SuperSU (now working)! Click Here to get it!

Comment

Do you think Hisense should release the kernel sources/sdk for the Sero 8?

Do you think Hisense should release the kernel sources/sdk for the Sero 8? Then maybe it would be possible to get some lollipop on this device!

Comment

Do you think Hisense should release the kernel sources/sdk for the Sero 8? Then maybe it would be possible to get some lollipop on this device!
                    I'll second that. They won't though, they really drug their feet on the Sero7. I am about ready to try your ROM, I want to make sure it is ready.

Comment

There going to soon release the pro version of the sero 8, so if we don't get it soon they may abandon the sero 8!

Originally posted by xrko View Post
                      I'll second that. They won't though, they really drug their feet on the Sero7. I am about ready to try your ROM, I want to make sure it is ready.
                      Do you still think we should try asking anyway since there about to move on the pro version soon? Maybe I should add that question as a poll.

Comment

OK, I've gone from being confused to being a little aggrevated.

This thread is for discussion of the RileyROM I did for the Sero 8.

I appreciate the work that AndroidFanatic is doing...he actually has one of these tablets to test. It's nice to have other developers learn how to make ROM's.

If you want to talk about AndroidFanatic's ROM...please go over to that thread. We all know it's there.

I'm not saying mine is better, but it is complete. If there is another firmware update, I'll be happy to make a new ROM...if you guys provide me a link to download it. I only use stock firmware as a base...not someone else's ROM.

Please quit hijacking this thread.
                        Randy
                        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                        Donate here

Comment

Do you still think we should try asking anyway since there about to move on the pro version soon? Maybe I should add that question as a poll.
                          I think we should let them know we want it now. It probably won't do any good. I read somewhere that they hold out to make you buy a new tablet.

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                            OK, I've gone from being confused to being a little aggrevated.

This thread is for discussion of the RileyROM I did for the Sero 8.

I appreciate the work that AndroidFanatic is doing...he actually has one of these tablets to test. It's nice to have other developers learn how to make ROM's.

If you want to talk about AndroidFanatic's ROM...please go over to that thread. We all know it's there.

I'm not saying mine is better, but it is complete. If there is another firmware update, I'll be happy to make a new ROM...if you guys provide me a link to download it. I only use stock firmware as a base...not someone else's ROM.

Please quit hijacking this thread.
                            I think my thread and ROMS are known enough now, I'll not explain it here.

Comment

Theme engine

First off I think this rom is the smoothest most reliable rom so far for this tablet. I was wondering though Is there any chance that if there is an update to this rom, that the CM11 theme engine could be incorporated? I can use and do use Xposed Xtheme engine or HK themer with good results. Was just wondering as I would rather not use Xposed if I dont have too.

Comment

Hello! Needless to say I am highly interested in your rom and seeing just what it can do. Sadly, however, I cannot get it installed for the life of me. I disabled the automatic updating of drivers and went on to install the Rockchip drivers, which succeeded. After that point, I am lost: I run the 137 and it continues to say that nothing is detected. If I read correctly, it is to see that while my tablet is in flash mode (vol+ & pwr)? [Either way, the device remains undetected. I am wondering if I installed the drivers wrong...] Any help will be much appreciated.

P.S. Even AFanatic's script has proven dysfunctional, for me. I do not think it detects my tablet as it does not send the commands.

[Failed to add that I am running Windows 8.1 and have, also, tried the alternate tool just to see if the device would be detected.]
                                Last edited by Dostov; 11-14-2014, 04:43.

Comment

Working...
                                X