Hisense Sero 8 RileyROM 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dostov View Post
    Hello! Needless to say I am highly interested in your rom and seeing just what it can do. Sadly, however, I cannot get it installed for the life of me. I disabled the automatic updating of drivers and went on to install the Rockchip drivers, which succeeded. After that point, I am lost: I run the 137 and it continues to say that nothing is detected. If I read correctly, it is to see that while my tablet is in flash mode (vol+ & pwr)? [Either way, the device remains undetected. I am wondering if I installed the drivers wrong...] Any help will be much appreciated.

P.S. Even AFanatic's script has proven dysfunctional, for me. I do not think it detects my tablet as it does not send the commands.

[Failed to add that I am running Windows 8.1 and have, also, tried the alternate tool just to see if the device would be detected.]
    So I realized I overlooked a couple things: 1. Windows 8.1-switched to a Windows 7 computer 2. My Hisense Sero 8 does not show mass storage as mass storage, in the tablet. It is shown as Media device (MTP). I would like to assume that is the same thing but, given this process, I would rather not. Could that be the hindrance?

[EDIT-SOLVED]: Found the solution. Seems there was a misunderstanding. Thank you to absolutely anyone that would have offered any help! Riley I look forward to the progression of your rom and if I may help, at all, please contact me.
    Last edited by Dostov; 11-14-2014, 15:19.

Comment

Thanks for the report.

It's hard for me sometimes to provide specific instructions....because I can't possibly own every device I've made a ROM for. External buttons and key combinations are different between manufacturers. I can point people in the right direction to help them find a solution....but it's the users with exact experience with the device that provide the most help.

I don't have access to firmware updates for Hisense tablets...so if you need an update...please send me a link to the most recent ROM dump.
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
        Thanks for the report.

It's hard for me sometimes to provide specific instructions....because I can't possibly own every device I've made a ROM for. External buttons and key combinations are different between manufacturers. I can point people in the right direction to help them find a solution....but it's the users with exact experience with the device that provide the most help.

I don't have access to firmware updates for Hisense tablets...so if you need an update...please send me a link to the most recent ROM dump.
        No problem! For those that do not know, to have your Hisense Sero 8 detected/loaded properly, be sure to use the (vol↑ + pwr) while the tablet is connected to the computer. The screen does not need to be on (or just not for mine...) so only hold until you see the flash tool has detected it. Should work fine from there.

When the time comes, I will see to providing you with a dump, Riley. Your instructions turned out to be fine, lol. Just did not know I had to do the manual flash boot while the tablet was connected.

Comment

STUPID QUESTION ALERT!

In trying to root my Sero 8, the built in memory is full and won't let me do anything (says 13.1gb with a max of 12). I've tried deleting apps and data but can't get the memory usage down enough to be able to even try rooting it (it won't go into recover mode as well). Any suggestions?

Comment

Flashing the custom ROM may solve the problem...but that error might be due to a hardware problem with the NAND chip. No way of knowing until you attempt to flash. Just follow the directions in the First Time User's Guide carefully.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
            Donate here

Comment

Hey rriley, I have a question and I am sure it is a noob one but like I said before this is my first time with rooted tablet. Anyhow, I have received notifications that there are new updates for the Sero. My question is: should I go ahead and update it and re-root or is it possible to keep root after a tablet update?

Thanks in advance

Comment

If you update you will loose root...but if you dump the updated version either me or AndroidFanatic can make a new ROM. He may already have it on his tablet...he's kind of taken over development of this tablet for me...learning the ropes.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Updated rom dump.

I am going to try to get you the latest rom dump as i have recieved that notification as well. Haven't done this before so bare with me. I am running your rom. I know there is another dev building for this device too but i like options so hopefully you can update this rom for is. And thank you again for a great rom.

Comment

I already made a ROM based on the latest update!

If you update you will loose root...but if you dump the updated version either me or AndroidFanatic can make a new ROM. He may already have it on his tablet...he's kind of taken over development of this tablet for me...learning the ropes.
                    I already made a ROM based on the latest update!
                    If you flash the ROM located at this thread -> Link
                    "I am a fan of android and other tech stuff like windows and linux on the desktop! I will contribute what I can to the FreakTab community, but only, what I'm willing to" -AndroidFanatic

Comment

No need, I've already made one and uploaded it!

Originally posted by glockman4519 View Post
                      I am going to try to get you the latest rom dump as i have recieved that notification as well. Haven't done this before so bare with me. I am running your rom. I know there is another dev building for this device too but i like options so hopefully you can update this rom for is. And thank you again for a great rom.
                      You can get it at this --> Link
                      "I am a fan of android and other tech stuff like windows and linux on the desktop! I will contribute what I can to the FreakTab community, but only, what I'm willing to" -AndroidFanatic

Comment

Thank you for a quick reply. I am currently running Rriley rom at this time. I guess that there will be no update to this rom so i will have to switch roms now if i want to get rid of this message in my status bar.
                        Thanks again.

Comment

Can't get into flash mode

I seem to be having a little issue... I downloaded a different file that had the same flashing tool that was supposed to install TWRP. I installed the drivers, the flashing app detected it, said it flashed, it rebooted and booted back into Android as expected. I then held volume up and power to reboot to recover and was greeted with the standard looking Android Recover console... not TWRP.. Now I can't get the flash tool to detect the tablet.. I tried doing a factory reset.. My guess is I'm going to have to manually push via ADB. I've double checked to make sure that USB debugging is off - and it's definitely off... my PC recognizes the tablet every time I connect it but the flasher won't even though it detected it fine the first time I tried to flash.

I'm just not 100% sure where to go from here... the tablet still works fine but I wanted it to be rooted >.<

Comment

If there's a reset button (hole on the back of the tablet), press it with a paper clip.

Connect the tablet via USB with the flash tool launched.

Try a combination of external keys...volume+ or -, esc/back key...etc and power. There is a way to get your tablet into flash mode manually this way.

When the flash tool sees the tablet, flash as before.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

If there's a reset button (hole on the back of the tablet), press it with a paper clip.

Connect the tablet via USB with the flash tool launched.

Try a combination of external keys...volume+ or -, esc/back key...etc and power. There is a way to get your tablet into flash mode manually this way.

When the flash tool sees the tablet, flash as before.
                              definitely no reset button... the normal way to reset it into flash mode is volume+ & holding power... but that just reboots it into recovery not anything with flash mode.

EDIT: got it to go into flash mode

Comment

twrp

Installed ROM today. Everything works great thank you. I had tried to root with twrp, but only got the stock recovery screen once rebooted . I then installed ROM 1.3 but still no twrp. How do I install custom recovery.

Comment

Working...
                                X