No announcement yet.

Hisense Sero 8 RileyROM 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does anyone have a mirror link or can upload a copy of this rom for me? the op link is dead. thanks

Comment

We hope to have our downloads back Monday.
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Hello, and thank you for creating this ROM. I'd really like to root my Sero 8, and this seems to be the only known way of doing so, but I keep running into an issue when I try to install your ROM. I can't get the flashing software to detect my tablet: "No found RKAndroid rock usb." So that's where I get stuck.

I've ran the included driver installing software twice, and twice it's stated that it completed successfully. I've also read through the entire included PDF, but I can't figure out what's wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Running Windows 7 64-bit / HiSense Sero 8

Comment

The first things to check are the easy ones.

Rockchip drivers are not compatible with USB 3.0 ports. Make sure you are using a USB 2.0 port....some PC's have both, so check to see that the port you are using is compatible.

Next, try a different USB cable. Often the cable you are using isn't getting a good USB connection. I always recommend using the cable that came with the tablet.

I did have some trouble getting the drivers to install on my Windows 7 64bit PC...it took several tries, and it just all of a sudden started working.

Don't give up.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Re: Hisense Sero 8 RileyROM 1.0

Originally posted by Kashin View Post
            Hello, and thank you for creating this ROM. I'd really like to root my Sero 8, and this seems to be the only known way of doing so, but I keep running into an issue when I try to install your ROM. I can't get the flashing software to detect my tablet: "No found RKAndroid rock usb." So that's where I get stuck.

I've ran the included driver installing software twice, and twice it's stated that it completed successfully. I've also read through the entire included PDF, but I can't figure out what's wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Running Windows 7 64-bit / HiSense Sero 8
            I had issues getting the tool to recognize the tablet until I unplugged the usb from the computer but left it plugged in to the tablet, powered the tablet off, pressed and held vol up + power for about 3-4 secs (any longer and it will go in to recovery which you don't want) then I plugged the USB back into the computer and it found the rockchip device and installed the drivers then I ran the tool and it recognized it and flashed the rom

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
              The first things to check are the easy ones.

Rockchip drivers are not compatible with USB 3.0 ports. Make sure you are using a USB 2.0 port....some PC's have both, so check to see that the port you are using is compatible.

Next, try a different USB cable. Often the cable you are using isn't getting a good USB connection. I always recommend using the cable that came with the tablet.

I did have some trouble getting the drivers to install on my Windows 7 64bit PC...it took several tries, and it just all of a sudden started working.

Don't give up.
              Originally posted by phonetec View Post
              I had issues getting the tool to recognize the tablet until I unplugged the usb from the computer but left it plugged in to the tablet, powered the tablet off, pressed and held vol up + power for about 3-4 secs (any longer and it will go in to recovery which you don't want) then I plugged the USB back into the computer and it found the rockchip device and installed the drivers then I ran the tool and it recognized it and flashed the rom

Thanks for the replies. I've tried several USB cables, including the original. Reinstalled drivers, and even tried using my new laptop using the USB 2.0 port (brand new, arrived 2 days ago) with a fresh installation of Windows 7, but to no avail. I just can't get it to reconize the tablet. I'd hoped to root the tablet before my 15 hr flight on monday, but it looks like I'm out of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Kashin View Post
                Thanks for the replies. I've tried several USB cables, including the original. Reinstalled drivers, and even tried using my new laptop using the USB 2.0 port (brand new, arrived 2 days ago) with a fresh installation of Windows 7, but to no avail. I just can't get it to reconize the tablet. I'd hoped to root the tablet before my 15 hr flight on monday, but it looks like I'm out of luck.
                Did you try what I suggested?

Comment

Originally posted by phonetec View Post
                  Did you try what I suggested?
                  I have, unfortunately it doesn't seem to work for me.

Comment

Any way to make Google play store allow clash of clans install on this device?

Comment

In post #3 there are some build.prop changes you can make.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

In post #3 there are some build.prop changes you can make.
                        Thx. I'll try that tonite

Comment

A quick question, probably not ROM related. Will out carrier issues if i use the same gmail address on my tablet and my phone?

Comment

I own a bunch of Android devices...and everything has the same gmail address. I haven't had a problem.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Thx

Comment

Thanks to Freaktab member YoungOne, this ROM is based on a ROM dump from his tablet.

This is a KitKat ROM.

This ROM is:

Rooted
                                Debloated of all of the Walmart/Sam's Club apps
                                Init.d/Busybox support added
                                Google Play Store fixes
                                Auto Install of apps in the external SD "autoinstall" folder.
                                Reboot App by Petrus
                                New Boot Animation

Since this is from a ROM dump, I've unpacked and repacked the boot.img and recovery.img files to make them the correct size. I've kept the stock parameter file, so you will have the same user app space, until I can figure out how to change it...there's a line missing in this parameter file...so I'm afraid to mess with it...I don't know how a change will react on your tablet. I believe that apps are being installed on the internal SD...so there's no need for other parameter files.

Just run the flash tool and plug in your tablet using the USB cable that came with it. Make sure USB debugging is turned off. The flash tool should see your tablet in Mass Storage Mode. Click reboot to flash and it will change to flash mode.

IMPORTANT: Uncheck the loader.bin at the top, it's checked by default. The reason for this is, we are going back with the same firmware. I don't know which loader.bin is currently on your tablet...so the one included in the kit will brick your tablet, if it isn't the same. It's ok to use the same loader.bin with the same firmware...so don't worry.

Erase IDB, then flash the ROM.

It will first boot to recovery and format everything. Later, if you want to flash CWM or TWRP recovery, you can just flash it instead of the stock recovery from the flash tool.

Here's the link:

Download

Enjoy!!!!!!
                                Donations Welcomed

I'm sorry but these have to be the poorest written instructions I've ever read. Is there any chance of getting a re-write? This is quite literally driving me insane.

Comment

Working...
                                X