No announcement yet.

Hisense Sero 8 RileyROM 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually I did it on the PC, I know for a fact ext4 won't work on Sero 7, only ext2 will work. And you may be right the second partition may not work on the sero 8 for a while since the tablet is so new on the market.

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
    If you set the partition up from the other tablet, you may need to set it up from the Sero 8. Rockchip devices have a different mounting scheme.

Sent from my P9

Comment

What batch selection did you select when you restored the Titanium backup? I just select "restore missing apps with data". That way you aren't carrying over system files from the other tablet. Copying over the system files from any different ROM will cause bad mojo.

I recommend flashing the ROM again and start fresh.

Check your USB connections and use a USB 2.0 port. Be sure to erase IDB to get rid of any lingering files before you flash.

On some tablets, a wipe cache/factory reset is a good idea from recovery, too. I'm not sure how to manually get into recovery mode on this tablet. After first boot you can use the reboot app to do it. I also haven't seen what options the stock recovery will give you.

Sent from my P9
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

I though I select missing apps with data but I could be wrong. This tablet is a pain to have win7 load the correct driver in order to do the flash. power and vol up don't always work, is there an easier way to do this?

What batch selection did you select when you restored the Titanium backup? I just select "restore missing apps with data". That way you aren't carrying over system files from the other tablet. Copying over the system files from any different ROM will cause bad mojo.

Check your USB connections and use a USB 2.0 port. Be sure to erase IDB to get rid of any lingering files before you flash.

On some tablets, a wipe cache/factory reset is a good idea from recovery, too. I'm not sure how to manually get into recovery mode on this tablet. After first boot you can use the reboot app to do it. I also haven't seen what options the stock recovery will give you.

Sent from my P9

Comment

I just go it after 10 tries. It's flash the rom now.

Can you tell me why the first boot after flash it stay on the animation for so long?

Originally posted by skylab1 View Post
          I though I select missing apps with data but I could be wrong. This tablet is a pain to have win7 load the correct driver in order to do the flash. power and vol up don't always work, is there an easier way to do this?

Comment

it just finish flash the rom, and it still 3.75GB install of 11.75Gb. I tried the reboot app and the team win recovery came up and it forzed, non of the button works. Any ideas?

Sent from my P9

Comment

it just finish flash the rom, and it still 3.75GB install of 11.75Gb. I tried the reboot app and the team win recovery came up and it forzed, non of the button works. Any ideas?
              I had mentioned in a previous post to go ahead and replace the parameter files and the recovery file from the new rom with the ones from the old rom. Then with the old parameter file and stock recovery you can run the flasher tool.

Basically open the main folder of the old rom and the new rom. Go to the RileyRom folder of both. delete all the parameter files and the recovery from the new one. move the parameter file and recovery file from the old rom to the new rom. open flasher. flash.

Once that is done I've found that it seems the flashing process doesn't do the data reset.

So... Unplug from the computer. Hold PWR & Vol+ until it boots into stock recovery. do a factory reset. I went ahead and cleared cache again. then reboot.

EDIT Derp... To get back the the stock recovery you can just flash the old recovery from the original rooted rom by itself. just uncheck everything except recovery. It's an independent function.

Also with titanium backup you could have accidentally hit restore missing apps with data and all system settings. I've done that on the wrong device before when all I wanted was the missing apps

Comment

I undersand all that, only one problem, where is the old rom file or folder, I don't have it.

Originally posted by Jefedfur View Post
                I had mentioned in a previous post to go ahead and replace the parameter files and the recovery file from the new rom with the ones from the old rom. Then with the old parameter file and stock recovery you can run the flasher tool.

Basically open the main folder of the old rom and the new rom. Go to the RileyRom folder of both. delete all the parameter files and the recovery from the new one. move the parameter file and recovery file from the old rom to the new rom. open flasher. flash.

Once that is done I've found that it seems the flashing process doesn't do the data reset.

So... Unplug from the computer. Hold PWR & Vol+ until it boots into stock recovery. do a factory reset. I went ahead and cleared cache again. then reboot.

Comment

Ah. It'll be the first download. on the post. the one before all the green text.

Comment

great thanks, I'll try that, will let you know if this works.

Originally posted by Jefedfur View Post
                    Ah. It'll be the first download. on the post. the one before all the green text.

Comment

OK flash with the old rom file and everything is working fine now. Got 12GB free space back and rooted, this time the restore worked no system data were restored, still don't understand how I missed up the first time. Thanks for all your help.

On a side note, the Sero 8 doesn't a GPS build-in compare to the Sero 7 Pro which does have one. I guess the Sero 8 Pro will have GPS if Hisense ever desicde to make one.

I undersand all that, only one problem, where is the old rom file or folder, I don't have it.

Comment

OK flash with the old rom file and everything is working fine now. Got 12GB free space back and rooted, this time the restore worked no system data were restored, still don't understand how I missed up the first time. Thanks for all your help.

On a side note, the Sero 8 doesn't a GPS build-in compare to the Sero 7 Pro which does have one. I guess the Sero 8 Pro will have GPS if Hisense ever desicde to make one.
                        Glad you got it worked out man,

Also a guy shared a response he got from hisense on another forum. If its legit they say they will have the pro version out by the end of the year.

Comment

Success

I was able to flash the ROM and get root access.

At first I couldn't get the driver to load on Windows 7 64-bit. I kept rereading the first-time-guide, but no luck. I was finally able to get it to load by doing what Jefedfur did (see his post #53).

I flashed the 1.1 ROM but with the parameter and recovery files from the 1.0 ROM. And left the original loader as is (unchecked).

It all seems to be working well. So THANKS very much!

Comment

Great job!!!!! The drivers are always the hardest part.

I don't know what I did to the parameters on the second ROM. I will have to take a look at them.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                            Donate here

Comment

To attain root, I edit the system.img and boot.img files.
                              I extracted my factory img files and noticed that, in addition to the system.img and boot.img files, the kernel.img file is also changed in your custom ROM.

I'd like to keep this tablet as stock as possible, just adding root. If I only flash the system.img and boot.img files, leaving all of my other img's unchanged, will that cause a problem?

Comment

You must keep system.img and boot.img or root won't work. The kernel is the same. I did not modify it.
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X