Hisense Sero 8 RileyROM 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quentin View Post
    If the kernel.img was updated would the kernel version number be different? Can you go into Settings > About tablet and get the Kernel version?

The Kernel version on mine (using the kernel.img from RileyROM 1.1) is
    3.0.36+
    Same here - 3.0.36+

Comment

I uploaded v1.2 of this ROM based on a new ROM dump furnished by Freaktab user TRR.

I've experimented with some test parameter files you can try. Just browse the parameter line in the flash tool to one of the parameter#.txt options and see if you get a change in user app space. I'm not sure they will work, because this parameter format is different.

See post #1 for the link.
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

I have flashed v1.1 and v1.2 several times now and I continue to be stuck on the rotating animation. The tablet will NOT boot anymore.

Starting with the first flash v1.1. I erased IDB then flashed all files including the loader (not userdata or backup).

Did this a few more times.

Then I flashed v1.2 the same way, erased IDB, flashed all files except userdata and backup).

Still bootlooping... final flash I used v1.2 but used all STOCK ROM files except for boot and system (also Riley loader was flashed again). This is the minimum for getting ROOT.

What about my original loader? That has been flashed over so I cannot reflash that file to stock. Why am I stuck at the rotating animation after sereval attempts and cannot get my tablet to boot anymore.

Oddly, my computer still picks up the tablet as a Portable Device, probably reading the SD Card even while it is still looping.

What do I do?

Comment

Okay after the steps above.. I went into recovery mode and "Wipe Data / Factory Reset".

Guess I should have done that after (or before) each flash... now the tablet is running again!!!

Need to install ClockworkMod, every device is so different, can I still do ONLY that with your tools?

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
            I uploaded v1.2 of this ROM based on a new ROM dump furnished by Freaktab user TRR.
            Just curious: What tool(s) do you use to unpack/pack the img files so you can add/remove files from them?

Comment

Check this thread out for details:

900Supersport put a great deal of work into this tutorial.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
              Donate here

Comment

Check this thread out for details:

900Supersport put a great deal of work into this tutorial.
                Nice thread. Thanks!

All Linux though, huh? No Windows-based tools?

Guess I could dust off an old PC and put Linux on it to play if there's no other way...

Comment

I'm running a Windows 8.0 laptop with an Ubuntu Virtualbox. It works great...does both at the same time.

Most of the ROM work is done in Ubuntu, but I need Windows for most other things.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

RileyROM differences?

Randy,

Could you give a brief description of differences from 1.0 to 1.2? Do all three have bloat removed? If so, the same bloat?

Does the 1.2 version have TWRP?

If I wanted to update from 1.1 to 1.2 what would I gain?

If I didn't want TWRP should I use the recovery.img and parameter from 1.0 when flashing 1.1 to 1.2?

Thanks for all your work and help.

Comment

The difference is v1.2 is based on a newer ROM dump. That's it. I did not change anything else...except the boot animation. All of the RileyROM features mentioned in post #1 are there.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

ota updates

Does anyone know how to turn off the ota update check. My sero 8 with RileyRom 1.0 still checks and downloads the latest ota update, which fails to install.

If I wipe and install v1.2, will that have the latest ota update ?

Comment

As far as I know, v1.2 is the latest update...unless there has been an update since we made this ROM dump. If you install v1.2, you shouldn't get an OTA update (unless there is a newer one available).

Since I don't have a link to firmware updates for this device, It comes in handy when someone provides me with an updated dump. That's why I haven't totally disabled the OTA updates...but I can in the next ROM.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

I just got this tablet today, got all the Google updates and Sero updates. While messing with it i switched from Davlik to ART.

Now I am noticing 2 weird problems:
                            1. the YouTube app is not working. Always a "Connection to server lost. Touch to retry" error.
                            2. in Chrome there are some flashing black areas on some webpages. Even more so on Google.com

Has anyone else experienced these problems?

Comment

I would steer clear of ART right now. It seems to be the root of problems. App comparability is one thing. For instance, Xposed Framework doesn't work with ART.

Sent from my P1
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

I would steer clear of ART right now. It seems to be the root of problems. App comparability is one thing. For instance, Xposed Framework doesn't work with ART.

Sent from my P1
                                I am going back to Davlik, as I am typing this, I am waiting for the "Android is updating" loop after every restart to complete.

Quick question... which chip manufacturer/tablet maker is giving you the most support? I ask this because I want a China tablet but custom ROMs are a must for my choice. I am trying gauge which one will have the most longevity after release. Right now i am leaning towards the Intel tabs but the A80s seems more capable

Comment

Working...
                                X