Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dopo md702

Hi Guys -

I have a dopo md702 rockchip based tab. I have it rooted, but can't install a custom rom. I can get it into recovery, but when I select the zip to flash it, nothing happens. I have searched for hours and can't seem to get anywhere. I'd like to get a custom rom on it. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

I see some people have viewed this but no one has commented. I wonder if someone out there would be kind enough to help me out or let me know if I've posted in the wrong place. If I could get cwm on this tab so I could flash some cyanogenmod roms and see if one works I'd be really excited. I flashed cm on my atrix and now gingerbread on my tablet seems unusable Thanks for helping a noob. Feel free to yell at me if I'm doing something wrong

Comment

Rockchip stock recoveries DO NOT flash using a zip file. They will however flash a ROM that is in the form of update.img. When update.img is on the SDcard (has to be external sdcard not internal) it will see it and prompt you to update.

CWM can be made for any rockchip tablet BUT you cannot flash an entire ROM using it. It will not flash the kernel.img. It will flash only boot and system. SO you can really forget any CWM9, etc unless it was made for it. Then to flash a full ROM you either have to use the PC based RKbatch tool or RKandroid tool. This is the only way to flash a full ROM with kernel.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        Rockchip stock recoveries DO NOT flash using a zip file. They will however flash a ROM that is in the form of update.img. When update.img is on the SDcard (has to be external sdcard not internal) it will see it and prompt you to update.

CWM can be made for any rockchip tablet BUT you cannot flash an entire ROM using it. It will not flash the kernel.img. It will flash only boot and system. SO you can really forget any CWM9, etc unless it was made for it. Then to flash a full ROM you either have to use the PC based RKbatch tool or RKandroid tool. This is the only way to flash a full ROM with kernel.

Bob
        Thanks so much for your reply! Tried to use and update image, now it won't turn on. PC won't recognize it it. Pretty sure its bricked. Not sure what to do next.

Comment

Sounds like you tried to flash a ROM that was not made for your tablet?

You cannot perma brick an RK29 device. There is always a way to put it into flash mode using buttons and reset or power button. I do not know this tablet so I do not know what the button combination is. You need to put it into flash mode and install the RK29 flash drivers. Then you can use RKBatchtool to flash manually the stock ROM. You do have the stock ROM available I hope?

Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
            Sounds like you tried to flash a ROM that was not made for your tablet?

You cannot perma brick an RK29 device. There is always a way to put it into flash mode using buttons and reset or power button. I do not know this tablet so I do not know what the button combination is. You need to put it into flash mode and install the RK29 flash drivers. Then you can use RKBatchtool to flash manually the stock ROM. You do have the stock ROM available I hope?

Bob
            It came with a recovery installed on it, I had backed up the ROM with that. I'll play around with some button combinations and see if I can get it to work. Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it.

I could never get RKBatchtool to recognize the tablet even after installing the drivers. I'll make sure to keep reporting back in case there is someone out there who can be helped by reading what I've found.

Comment

Working...
            X