This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xrko View Post
    Thanks AFanatic, I will try it tomorrow.
    Your welcome, hope you do try it out I'm also trying to get rrileypm to check it out too!
    Last edited by AndroidFanatic; 10-21-2014, 03:11.
    "I am a fan of android and other tech stuff like windows and linux on the desktop! I will contribute what I can to the FreakTab community, but only, what I'm willing to" -AndroidFanatic

Comment

Sorry, I don't have one of these tablets.

Sent from my P9
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
        Sorry, I don't have one of these tablets.

Sent from my P9
        Then get other people to try!
        Last edited by AndroidFanatic; 10-21-2014, 03:11.
        "I am a fan of android and other tech stuff like windows and linux on the desktop! I will contribute what I can to the FreakTab community, but only, what I'm willing to" -AndroidFanatic

Comment

AFanatic I am having a little trouble with Google Drive. First time using-I will work it out. Also, there seems to be too many files named TRWP backup. I plan to download your TWRP nandroid and use the restore function to load the ROM, correct?

Comment

AFanatic I am having a little trouble with Google Drive. First time using-I will work it out. Also, there seems to be too many files named TRWP backup. I plan to download your TWRP nandroid and use the restore function to load the ROM, correct?
            What troubles are you having exactly? I will fix them ASAP if it really is a problem I can fix!
            Last edited by AndroidFanatic; 10-21-2014, 03:12.

Comment

I selected several of your files in Google Drive. After they were displayed in my file manager, I didn't know which "TWRP backup" was the one I wanted. I deleted them to start over. I should have removed them from GD. Now, GD will not "add to drive," I think that GD, thinks they are already there. Is my thinking correct regarding restore? Thanks.

Comment

I selected several of your files in Google Drive. After they were displayed in my file manager, I didn't know which "TWRP backup" was the one I wanted. I deleted them to start over. I should have removed them from GD. Now, GD will not "add to drive," I think that GD, thinks they are already there. Is my thinking correct regarding restore? Thanks.
                Did you download the files with the same folder structure as in my drive? And did you copy that TWRP folder to your internel SD card (no real sdcard required)!
                Last edited by AndroidFanatic; 10-21-2014, 03:12.

Comment

I have "TWRP_sero8.img" in the root of my ext sd card.

Comment

I have "TWRP_sero8.img" in the root of my ext sd card.
                    I thought you already had tarp installed and were downloading from the twrp backup section!
                    Last edited by AndroidFanatic; 10-21-2014, 03:13.

Comment

I do have tarp installed. The labeling is a little confusing.

Comment

In one of your previous posts, I was led to believe that you had a .zip or a backup file that could be used to install the ROM, using TRWP.

Comment

I do have tarp installed. The labeling is a little confusing.
                          Do not try restoring that IMG file because it probably isn't going to work and if it did restoring that in tarp might brick your device! So do yourself a favor and only attempt to restore the current version of android firmwire in the tarp backups download section and not the .IMG file your tried to use! Respond back to tell if your still having problems with this sort of thing.
                          Last edited by AndroidFanatic; 10-21-2014, 03:14.

Comment

In one of your previous posts, I was led to believe that you had a .zip or a backup file that could be used to install the ROM, using TRWP.
                            That zip is contained within the twrp folder of that GD page I linked to for the tarp backup!

Comment

I have to ask but is this your first time ever applying custom Roms?

Comment

flash 3 ROMs In the past I have only used CWM, with .zip. You can see I am learning. I can use the flash tool, but why bother if you have a .zip. I like doing this more than I like using the tablet.

Comment

Working...
                                X