Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Android Firmwire Mod (android firmwiremod) v1.3 [Updated] for Hisense Sero 8

Originally posted by AndroidFanatic View Post
    I clear the URL in ota host so no ota updates would show up. And I changed the build number to show this ROM's name and version. And those apps never showed up in the playstore on that deice even on stock ROM.
    I know instagram showed up on stock for sure

Comment

Originally posted by phonetec View Post
      I know instagram showed up on stock for sure
      Last I checked those apps never showed this tablet as compatible in Google play! So, if they don't let you download on google play there's always side loading! Here's a site I use that is a great place to download "incompatible" apps: http://downloader-apk.com I had to use that site for incompatible apps. If it's really bothering you, you could just copy the stock build.prop and tell me if the apps ever show up. And if not I could change it back to stock and put kudos elseware.
      "I am a fan of android and other tech stuff like windows and linux on the desktop! I will contribute what I can to the FreakTab community, but only, what I'm willing to" -AndroidFanatic

Comment

Re: Android Firmwire Mod (android firmwiremod) v1.3 [Updated] for Hisense Sero 8

Last I checked those apps never showed this tablet as compatible in Google play! So, if they don't let you download on google play there's always side loading! Here's a site I use that is a great place to download "incompatible" apps: http://downloader-apk.com I had to use that site for incompatible apps. If it's really bothering you, you could just copy the stock build.prop and tell me if the apps ever show up. And if not I could change it back to stock and put kudos elseware.
        Yeah I already sideloaded, I have some time after work today so I'll play with it and see what's up

Comment

v2.0 Beta 1 Release will be delayed sorry about that!

Due to technical difficulties I will have to delay this release!
          "I am a fan of android and other tech stuff like windows and linux on the desktop! I will contribute what I can to the FreakTab community, but only, what I'm willing to" -AndroidFanatic

Comment

ROM Update Announcement: android firmwiremod v2.0 Beta 1 for Hisense Sero 8 released

I finally made my first boo-table build of android firmwiremod v2.0! I'll post more as NEW VERSIONS come out (thread title that shows up in the listing is locked! So my Editable content is now in post form under the thread (had to get an admin to let me edit post longer to be able to update this thread with NEW information)

Comment

Flashable zip didn't work

Comment

I found that none of the flashable ROMKits were working so I'm going back to flashable RKImages plus TWRP Backups

Originally posted by phonetec View Post
                Flashable zip didn't work
                I'll release TWRP Backups once I get a version of 2.0 built that has working root access! Respond back if you have any feedback you would like to share about this comment!

Comment

android firmwiremod v2.0 [Updated] for Hisense Sero 8 finally out!

This ROM now has init.d, busybox, root acess powered by SuperSU (now working)!

Comment

rooting / flashing custom ROM HIsense Sero 8 this is probably easier than I'm allowing it to be...

I bought this tablet a week ago & have been looking around in hopes of finding a concise guide to rooting and flashing this freaking thing. I'm not exactly a newbie, I've rooted devices and flashed custom ROMs before, but I'm having trouble with this Sero 8 and could use some guidance that way I don't brick the darn thing

Hisense Sero 8 Rooting Guide & Instructions - Step 2: Installing TWRP -
                    • Now plug your device in and hold the power and volume up buttons for several seconds until the flash tool says it's found!" = "RkAndroidRock Usb Has Not Been Found", and when doing the whole power button & vol up it just takes me to the recovery menu. I got "RkAndroidRock Usb Has Been Found" momentarily, just long enough for me to click flash Rom & for it to look as if it was actually flashing or doing something for a few seconds then the tablet would still go to the recovery menu & the install flash tool would return to "RkAndroidRock Usb Has Not Been Found"

***Solution: plugged in tablet, held power + volume up for about 30 seconds (after phone initially went into recovery I had to release then hold both back down again)***

Hisense Sero 8 Rooting Guide & Instructions - Step 3B: Alternate Rooting Instructions (Flashing zip manually)
                    • Hold volume up and down keys (without device plugged in) = This wouldn't do anything for me at all
                    Last edited by kennard1203; 11-09-2014, 04:15. Reason: updated

Comment

Excellent! :- )

I'm rooted & have flashed your ROM

Comment

Same thread - v2.0 (fully working release)

Tell me what you think of my ROM!
                        Really great so far. You are a stark raving genius!

Comment

Originally posted by kennard1203 View Post
                          I bought this tablet a week ago & have been looking around in hopes of finding a concise guide to rooting and flashing this freaking thing. I'm not exactly a newbie, I've rooted devices and flashed custom ROMs before, but I'm having trouble with this Sero 8 and could use some guidance that way I don't brick the darn thing

Hisense Sero 8 Rooting Guide & Instructions - Step 2: Installing TWRP -
                          • Now plug your device in and hold the power and volume up buttons for several seconds until the flash tool says it's found!" = "RkAndroidRock Usb Has Not Been Found", and when doing the whole power button & vol up it just takes me to the recovery menu. I got "RkAndroidRock Usb Has Been Found" momentarily, just long enough for me to click flash Rom & for it to look as if it was actually flashing or doing something for a few seconds then the tablet would still go to the recovery menu & the install flash tool would return to "RkAndroidRock Usb Has Not Been Found"

***Solution: plugged in tablet, held power + volume up for about 30 seconds (after phone initially went into recovery I had to release then hold both back down again)***

Hisense Sero 8 Rooting Guide & Instructions - Step 3B: Alternate Rooting Instructions (Flashing zip manually)
                          • Hold volume up and down keys (without device plugged in) = This wouldn't do anything for me at all
                          It shouldn't do anything for you, should be a black screen, then plug the tablet in and the tool will find it

Comment

Using the TWRP backups as supposed to flashing with PC to.

I have said long ago when they got TWRP working on my Tronsmart t428 that a TWRP backup that was downloadable would be an easier way to flash a custom rom than using the rock chip flash toolkit. I went to download one of your TWRP backups to try this rom out and can not seem to get it to download. I guess I'm just going to have to flash it on my PC which i hate as This tablet is the hardest of all of my android device to get into flash mode and I have about 20 different devices.

Comment

NOTICE: I am no longer making TWRP Backups of my ROM please use flash tool version!

I am no longer making TWRP backups of my ROMs, if you want to install later android firmwiremod release than v1.3 than you're going to have to use the flash tool version!

Comment

Thank you for your quick reply.

Comment

Working...
                                X